Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:12   #31
BHPian

Just look at the classified sections of team bhp. There is a Nissan X-trail for sale for 7.30 just buy that. It has enough snob value. Plus its a nissan. If not that then go in for a used CRV. Its a very easy car to maintain. Also the honda V6 second hand would be really cheap but has pathetic average.(I still want one for the sheer power) I think in that budget shud be able to get a used camry also.
Please keep us posted about ur decision
regards,
KD
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:59   #32
BHPian

Place a bid on the "VENOM" .

Else , pay up for a W124.

Hmmm , i wonder which one i would want more
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:19   #33
BHPian

snob value

As GTO mentioned the best vehicle you can get is a W124 and with your budget you can get two... Its an amazing car. You need to drive one to experience what I really mean. My suggestion is just close your eyes and go for a W124. It will serve you for generations.
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:55   #34
BHPian

I would personally always suggest a new car over a old car anyday unless you are an expert & are also willing to spend some time/ money to bring it to perfect condition. An old car will always have some thing or the other which needs to be fixed & you will have to find it & get it fixed.

Go for anything toyota corolla altis, cruze. However if you are ok to spend some time in the garage then W124 as said by GTO is the car for you!!!
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:03   #35
BHPian

TDed the Civic today!

Thank you all!!

TeamBHP conspiracy in full flow! and I Love it!

I TDed the Civic1.8V today!!

I was not as impressed by the performance as I thought I would, considering a majority of bhpians suggesting it. It looks sexy, no doubt.

Loved the cruise control option on it, since I do a bit of highway driving. Primarily Mum-Pune.

Rs.14.34 Lacs Landed in New Bombay.

Didn't like he USB under the armrest. inconvenient. No reverse cameras/sensors(additional costs 18k to 30k!). Xylo has it! Why cant Civic??!!!!

Honda Assure. The guy said I cant have insurance of my own choice. is that so? said something about it being cashless and covering the trims, bumpers etc. anybody throw some light on it?

@Nikhil/akshaymahajan/manson/ampere: I am not a big fan of toyota cars. Don't ask me why. But Toyota doesn't appeal to me at all. It would be quite a functional buy. No offense to Toyota aficionados!

@KSM/petrohead/absynth (!!!): Used car. I did that once. Not gonna go that way again! However attractive the proposition.

@Princepervez: LoL man! I am quite tempted to do what you suggested! *grin* (pardon my ignorance but what is SBK??????? superbike? Never owned one. Always wary of bikes! but that's just me!)

@GTO: Giving a serious consideration to your suggestions.

@VKochar: Thanks for the inputs. I completely agree with you about diesel. I am even more convinced of diesel. I am not still not snob enough to spend more when there is a way to save!

@Saptadeep: Its a crazy feeling looking at ANHC. It appeals to me more than Civic. Maybe I am an ignoramus. But The blue ANHC is soooper sexzy! I wish they came out with City-Diesel!!

@Gomzi/Redliner/ampere: Will certainly check out cruze. although i am not quite leaning towards it. But as gaurav puts I will surely check it out.

@Kalinga/rxpaul: Thanks for the category list!

SKODA?? After reading various threads about the pathetic/nonexisting customer service A. s.s I am quite wary of even TDing!

Will be TDing the ANHC tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.

What do you guys think of the Safari Dicor 4x4 topend model? Its loaded, diesel, gives a decent 12kmpl? The new MFL advertised today in TOI?
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Within 10-12 lacs, I would say, ANHC AT (as you mentioned appeals to you) with the modulo kit, and some serious alloys would seriously attract head turns and would also provide the 'snobbishness' that you want..

Quote:
I TDed the Civic1.8V today!!

I was not as impressed by the performance as I thought I would, considering a majority of bhpians suggesting it. It looks sexy, no doubt.

Loved the cruise control option on it, since I do a bit of highway driving. Primarily Mum-Pune.

Rs.14.34 Lacs Landed in New Bombay.

Didn't like he USB under the armrest. inconvenient. No reverse cameras/sensors(additional costs 18k to 30k!). Xylo has it! Why cant Civic??!!!!

Honda Assure. The guy said I cant have insurance of my own choice. is that so? said something about it being cashless and covering the trims, bumpers etc. anybody throw some light on it?
A good reverse camera/sensors would cost 3 to 8 thousands after market.. so don't think that should be a big fuss in getting a Civic.. moreover, why get crazy on few thousands worth of accessory, when the car you want to buy retails around 13-14 lacs!

Honda Assure - Dealer will always try to insist you to take it. But it is not mandatory, and if you make it clear or play some tricks about getting a good offer from outside, they generally show flexibility in throwing a good discount.. When I bought my car, Honda Assure was just launched, and I was forced to take it, but my blunt insistence paid off, and I paid 60% less than that of Honda Assure.. so, play your game!
Old 24th February 2010, 07:42   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulGarage View Post
What do you guys think of the Safari Dicor 4x4 topend model? Its loaded, diesel, gives a decent 12kmpl? The new MFL advertised today in TOI?
Just decide based how convenient its for you to drive this is a city. In a city like Bangalore, its truly an elephant. For long drives: I don't need to say anything.
Old 24th February 2010, 08:54   #38
BHPian

Previous gen suberb. Make sure its black! Not hard to find a good example in that price.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Lemme clear the air by saying - Snob appeal lies with European vehicles in general.

What is snob value?
The general public being aware of initial as well as running costs decides the total cost of ownership. The vehicle which has high TCO, ranks high on looks department, has got good performance to match the looks, it may also have something really unique about it.
= snob appeal.

As of now, in your price range you have used Mercs / Superb or brand new Skoda Octi /Laura.

Japs don't cut through somehow. (I drive a Jap, and my views are not at all biased)
Old 24th February 2010, 11:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulGarage View Post
@Princepervez: LoL man! I am quite tempted to do what you suggested! *grin* (pardon my ignorance but what is SBK??????? superbike? Never owned one. Always wary of bikes! but that's just me!)
Yeah SBK = Superbike
Gheun taak!
Old 24th February 2010, 19:01   #41

Reverse camera and sensors for ANHC

I am speaking from my driving experience of ANHC only

In this forum, a lot has been written about fitting 'camera and sensors'. Following these discussions I decided not to fit cam/sens in the ANHC.

With practice (and patience) I could maneuver the car quite easily. I am of average height and was driving WagonR before ANHC. I have also noticed that the detailing of the boot of ANHC helps reversing. It's subtle but perceivable.

Fitment of cam/sens will impact the car's electricals and if fitted by non-Honda techs it might even void warranty. On the other hand OE sensor-fitment (that come as approved acc) are way too expensive.
Old 25th February 2010, 01:56   #42
BHPian

Any particular reason for diesel? If not, then please test drive the Laura TSI. Please
Old 25th February 2010, 09:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Lemme clear the air by saying - Snob appeal lies with European vehicles in general.

What is snob value?
The general public being aware of initial as well as running costs decides the total cost of ownership. The vehicle which has high TCO, ranks high on looks department, has got good performance to match the looks, it may also have something really unique about it.
= snob appeal.

As of now, in your price range you have used Mercs / Superb or brand new Skoda Octi /Laura.

Japs don't cut through somehow. (I drive a Jap, and my views are not at all biased)
Totally agree. Toyota and Honda and most other Jap car are perceived to be Most Reliable, but still many buy the BMW, MB (and in India the Skoda). Why ? The ans is Snob value. The arguement for and against European cars vs Jap cars is always Reliability vs Flair.
Old 25th February 2010, 10:00   #44
BHPian

I would prefer the civic over the corolla, if those are still the choices. The civic looks and performs really well, the corolla looks more like a sedate car.
Old 25th February 2010, 10:26   #45
BHPian

as someone mentioned buy a used merc, snob value and reliable !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks