Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 23:17   #16
BANNED

hi flyingspur, thanks for pointing that out.

& opps i forgot to mention. I'm shifting base to delhi in May. I believe all the cars are slightly cheaper there.

Flyingspur would you be able to tell me the otr for laura l&k and for 320d CorpEd in Delhi ?

Thanks
Old 5th March 2010, 23:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Flyingspur would you be able to tell me the otr for laura l&k and for 320d CorpEd in Delhi ?
No, but you can safely assume ~1L less in each case, maybe a little more in the case of the Bee Em.
Old 6th March 2010, 12:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
hi flyingspur, thanks for pointing that out.

& opps i forgot to mention. I'm shifting base to delhi in May. I believe all the cars are slightly cheaper there.

Thanks
Chandigarh is cheaper than Delhi because of the very low road tax/registration charges. The difference between the two cities on the Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI, for example,is around Rs 70.000.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 6th March 2010 at 12:56.
Old 6th March 2010, 15:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Chandigarh is cheaper than Delhi because of the very low road tax/registration charges. The difference between the two cities on the Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI, for example,is around Rs 70.000.
Chandigarh has a flat road tax of Rs.2100 for 5 seater cars of any price. This must be cheapest in India.
Old 6th March 2010, 15:58   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Akshay, from all the reviews i've read it seems that the corolla altis auto has very negatives reviews on it's steering feedback & handling. Please correct me if i'm wrong ? I'm looking at, if not too good but atleast a decent Driver's Performace car !! Unfortunately Captiva does not excite me ! And it does not have very good reviews being a driver's car !
lol i didnt suggest the altis. its certainly not a drivers car. the civic is a much better bet than the altis. i suggested the used accord v6. the easiest was is to get a 2nd hand car checked up is at honda a.s.s.
Old 6th March 2010, 16:30   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
lol i didnt suggest the altis. its certainly not a drivers car. the civic is a much better bet than the altis. i suggested the used accord v6. the easiest was is to get a 2nd hand car checked up is at honda a.s.s.
check out something like this
Used 2007 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 AT for sale in Mumbai - Profile Id : D218264 - CarWale.com
Old 6th March 2010, 17:44   #22
BHPian

Haha akshay. I was the one to suggest the Altis.
Personally i prefer the Altis to the Civic. There has been an overdose of civic's here and you have to be a bit too careful driving it thanks to the low GC and also the protruding bumpers. As for the Altis The steering response is not exactly what one expects, but once you drive it for a few kms you get the hang of it. And i cant comment about the handling as I did not rip it a lot. But for city use that car has ample power . And I am talking about the auto. And for kicks you always have your Swift D.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:31   #23
BANNED

akshay & akshay, lol, confusion,

1. though i a really appreciate both of you and others trying to help me make a decision. Thanks for providing a link to the accord a/t. However it would be very hard to consider it. I mean no offence, it has all the comforts & a great engine, but alas that sloppy handling..!!! :-(

2. Also if i only knew a excellent mechanic on a personal level whom i could take with me to inspect a 2nd Car & he could look at it inside out and give me a very honest expert feedback ! That would inspire confidence in me but i don't have a mechanic friend like that. That's why i'm very SCARED of buying a 2nd Car.

3. You know today one of my friends bought a all new honda city a/t. And he got it to my place today in the evening. He told me that the ANHC a/t has a more improved version of a/t & paddle shifters than the civic a/t. He also told me that honda themselves have said that the a/t in the City is better than the a/t in the civic.

How crazy is that ? Why would honda sell a inferior a/t paddle shifter combo Civic which is a more expensive car than the City ? Maybe they should upgrade the A/T in the Civic now.

4. Then i saw the real wheels of my freinds new City A/T and realised there was no Disc Brakes in the back !! That's unacceptable in a 11 lakhs car. Even the cheaper Verna has disc brakes in the rear. Do cars in this price range upto 11 lakhs generally have Disc brakes in the rear ??

5. Anyways hows the braking of the ANHC compared to others in it's class segment ? Also in the ANHC A/T a Driver's Performance Car ?

6. Does anyone know of any news of a Automatic Driver's Performance Car being launched in India within the next 12 months..??? :-)

Thanks
Old 6th March 2010, 22:34   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I've driven the ANHC A/T and it was bad. It's good for pottering around town, but enthusiastic driving? No way.

I havent driven the Civic A/T and so will not comment on that.

ANHC doesnt have discs at the back? Not even the M/T? That's shocking. Our 4 year old NHC Vtec has rear discs.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:35   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
akshay & akshay, lol, confusion,

1. though i a really appreciate both of you and others trying to help me make a decision. Thanks for providing a link to the accord a/t. However it would be very hard to consider it. I mean no offence, it has all the comforts & a great engine, but alas that sloppy handling..!!! :-(

2. Also if i only knew a excellent mechanic on a personal level whom i could take with me to inspect a 2nd Car & he could look at it inside out and give me a very honest expert feedback ! That would inspire confidence in me but i don't have a mechanic friend like that. That's why i'm very SCARED of buying a 2nd Car.

3. You know today one of my friends bought a all new honda city a/t. And he got it to my place today in the evening. He told me that the ANHC a/t has a more improved version of a/t & paddle shifters than the civic a/t. He also told me that honda themselves have said that the a/t in the City is better than the a/t in the civic.

How crazy is that ? Why would honda sell a inferior a/t paddle shifter combo Civic which is a more expensive car than the City ? Maybe they should upgrade the A/T in the Civic now.

4. Then i saw the real wheels of my freinds new City A/T and realised there was no Disc Brakes in the back !! That's unacceptable in a 11 lakhs car. Even the cheaper Verna has disc brakes in the rear. Do cars in this price range upto 11 lakhs generally have Disc brakes in the rear ??

5. Anyways hows the braking of the ANHC compared to others in it's class segment ? Also in the ANHC A/T a Driver's Performance Car ?

6. Does anyone know of any news of a Automatic Driver's Performance Car being launched in India within the next 12 months..??? :-)

Thanks

1.aah well you cant get everything in a car, can you? lol the v6 has brilliant acceleration. handling isnt its forte.

2. you can get it looked at, at a honda dealer.

3. i think the gearbox was updated on the civic too when they launched the facelift. the difference was that now even in d mode you can change the gear using the paddles and not only in s mode like earlier.

4. the verna does not have disc brakes at the back anymore. and that was an optional package earlier.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:50   #26
BANNED

well i understand & realize that i cant get everything in a car.

1. All i ask for is performance enabled engine, handling & AUTOMATIC ;-) in 10-15 lakhs. I can do without Creature Comforts. But performance enabled engine, handling & Automatic is paramount.

2. What i dont understand is how diffucult is it for Car Manufacturers to provide a car like that ? Maybe they'll not sell it in huge numbers. maybe they wont make profit on it. But they can do all the huge numbers and high profit on there other cars.

Why can't they just give a car like that ? i personally would buy that kind of a car tommorow morning. And so will quite a lot of members here in this forum and all over the country ? There is definately a market for it.

People in this country are buying audis, bmw, mercs, lauras, accords, jetta, suvs, in huge numbers. It's not like indians dont have the buying power. People are buying cars by the dozens in each Price Category & Each Segment. This country has the 2nd highest population in the world.

Why cant we have a 1.6, a 1.8 and a 2.0 engine option in a honda civic like they have in a small country like singapore ? i mean come on man, why cant we have a Civic Type R ? There are people who will be more than happy to buy it. I'll buy one tommorow morning if Honda brought it here...!!!

3. Akshay do you think the gear box is updated or are you sure..? Could you kindly confirm the same ?

Also you said,

"the difference was that now even in d mode you can change the gear using the paddles and not only in s mode like earlier."

Would there be any difference in D & S mode then..??

4. If the Gearbox has indeed been updated how would it be different than the previous one ? I mean how would be the driving experience & options be different in a Older Civiv a/t & a updated Civic a/t ?

Thanks
Old 7th March 2010, 00:07   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

3. Akshay do you think the gear box is updated or are you sure..? Could you kindly confirm the same ?

Also you said,

"the difference was that now even in d mode you can change the gear using the paddles and not only in s mode like earlier."

Would there be any difference in D & S mode then..??

4. If the Gearbox has indeed been updated how would it be different than the previous one ? I mean how would be the driving experience & options be different in a Older Civiv a/t & a updated Civic a/t ?

Thanks
3. im pretty sure i read on tbhp itself that the gearbox had been updated. the difference between d and s mode would be that in d it would work like a normal automatic but incase you want to shift up or shift down you could press a paddle and then it would continue shifting on its own. in s mode, you can have a full manual kind of option where the transmission does not shift unless a paddle is pressed or the rpm goes too low.

4. the driving experience in both the civics would be about the same. (i havent driven the new one, but i doubt such a small change to the gearbox would make a big difference. the new civic has a stiffer rear suspension though.)
Old 7th March 2010, 11:26   #28
BANNED

i read somewhere that....

the ANHC a/t is faster in 0-100 than Civic a/t..!!

Is this true. ??
Old 7th March 2010, 14:08   #29
Team-BHP Support

If you want drivers cars in A/T I believe your only options are:

- Superb 1.8TSI (in delhi on road price shd only be marginally over 20L)
- Laura L&K with the 2.0 engine
- Civic A/T
- [Cruze too but you mentioned some down sides to that]

IMO each of the above are complete enough packages from an enthusiast standpoint and don't breach your budget thresholds to any significant extent.

No comments on A.S.S / reliability etc. This is just a list of what the enthusiast options are. The Laura 1.8 TSi is way more powerful than anything else at its own price point. No use comparing it to the other options if you don't want the M/T Laura.

Merely because the 2.0 civic felt far more powerful should hopefully not deter you from civic 1.8 I suppose. Options in other markets influencing purchase decisions in our market will make decision making unnecessarily difficult.

To the best of my k'ge, I don't know of any pure enthusiast A/T option in the 10-20 L coming in the foreseeable future thats a better offering than what's listed above.

Cheers

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th March 2010 at 14:09.
Old 7th March 2010, 14:15   #30
Team-BHP Support

another option is to buy a laura 1.9 dsg and then remap it after a couple 1000 kms. it can be remapped upto 180bhp but that will cost a few lacs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks