Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 08:39   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
DSG option is available in all trims of Laura Diesel CR now. While the Ambiente and Elegance have the option of both MT and AT, the L&K comes only AT.

All variants equipped with DSG AT come with 140bhp tune and all MT versions get the 110bhp state of tune. The TSi is only available in Ambiente trim with no DSG option. Hope this clarifies.
How does the 110 bhp Perform? Is it fun to drive? How does the perfornance compare with the tonker on the Cruze?
Old 27th October 2010, 13:09   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
How does the 110 bhp Perform? Is it fun to drive? How does the perfornance compare with the tonker on the Cruze?
The best thing about the 110hp tune is this engine has all the torque available from as low as 1500Rpm, Along with sensible gearing this makes it very drivable at lower revs. Laura MT pulls really well from 1500-4500rpm, the Cruze is not a match for the responsiveness and driveability.

Outright performance is in the league of Optra Magnum, its the 140hp DSG which feels as fast as the Cruze.

With the switch from PD to CR- the loud annoying clatter previously seen in the PD versions is now gone, the new CR TDi engine feels as quiet as other cars in the segment now.

The MT version just like the TSi MT has a tendency to stall if driven at very low rpm, this requires getting used to some people like me who are used to driving other diesel cars which do not stall at all.

My suggestion for anyone thinking of buying a Laura is: Please go in for the DSG version, it's worth every extra penny spent. MT like FE, faster than MT upshifts and very intuitive nature: What else would you wish for? Some of us may not like the absence of torque converter, to me it does not matter.

Last edited by .anshuman : 27th October 2010 at 18:42. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:36   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

"DSG + Petrol Laura" is what I wanted to buy and after all confirmation from dealers and company that it's not happening anytime soon, I bought the 1.8 Tsi MT.

This thread often gives me that itch again.

Last edited by .anshuman : 27th October 2010 at 18:37. Reason: Thread title edited, Removing reference. Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 21:35   #49
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi DSG; Is it coming? EDIT:No plans revealed yet

Now launched Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi with 7 Speed DSG, pity only available in basic+ Ambition trim.

Last edited by AirWind : 11th February 2013 at 21:57.
Old 11th February 2013, 23:39   #50
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi DSG; Is it coming? EDIT:No plans revealed yet

Moderator's Note: Thread closed. Please continue the discussion in the new thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-website.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks