Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 17:27   #31
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a subordiate in my team who once bought a Petrol Verna. Reason - He like the Verna Looks and could not affort the diesel, his kms pers day were about 45.

Of course this was 2 years back before the Linea or the Manza was launched. doubt he would make that choice today.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:51   #32
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
While everybody here is talking about why would somebody buy a verna petrol i would like to know how good is it to buy a second hand verna petrol. Everybody knows its a slow mover and they dont sell too many of them so the resale should be pretty bad or lets just say it would be pretty good for a potential buyer
This is first hand from someone who just sold a petrol verna, which is yours truly. I was expecting the same, wonder who will buy etc
You will not believe, i got a person the 2nd day of putting my ad, and he agreed on exactly the price i was looking at. Why? well he wanted to go for a new one and for about 2.5 lacs lesser he was getting a hardly used, like new one. Unfortunately i was not in a position to do the formalities and asked him to wait, but he could not. I put the ad after a month again, and i got 3 people who offered 5-6% around my price and 2 who offered my price. In fact after i sold, i still got 5-6 more people asking, one of them who gave me a lower quote and then came back to match mine!
Can you have a better re-sale? I have now sold 3 cars, i can tell you this, Hyundai cars mean great after sales and low ownership costs, so they sell(anyone believes it or not, well that's the perception outside with most)
Compared to this- a ford fiesta will find lesser takers and at lower price. A friend sold his fiesta, though surely not as good as mine, but at 10% lower price than mine. It was the same year make and SXI petrol.
This does not say anything about fiesta or verna as a product, the market says this. I sold it for about 30% depreciation on 2 years usage, that is normal for a sedan, so that should clear the "low resale", "slow mover" etc image!
Old 8th June 2010, 17:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well, I have to say why not. Then why any petrol car, forget about Verna alone

Why a petrol Swift, a petrol Polo or so on.

Because of various reasons, affordability, smoother ride, not so much of a mileage buff etc.

But, anyway, seems he is banned. So hopefully he asks his friend.

But on an another note, I do agree that the Verna does not have enough bang for its buck, whcih is sort of dissapointing

The new Verna is here anyways, now that is drool maal
thedreamcatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2010, 12:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sometimes companies do bulk purchase to provide their top management a Chauffeur driven car.

Why do they buy a Verna Petrol ?
1.Hyundai gives good corporate discount, may be.
2.4yrs comprehensive warranty which is not available with diesel version.
3.In their opinion, Diesels are more vulnerable than petrol in the long run leading to high maintenance bills.
4. Management's strong preference for a certain brand.

In my office there are
126 Vernas
72 Aveo
16 Elantras

and all are Petrol variants. :
Off topic, but since your office has 72 Aveo's, how would you rate their performance. I'm thinking of picking up a used Aveo 1.6, and wanted to know if there are any issues that I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed