Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 18:06   #31
BHPian

Thanks Shantanu, I am thank full to this thread members for helping me out. It was driving me nuts. Now I shall start research for a good priced and well maintained Honda.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:20   #32
BHPian

Well, thanks,

In case you can let me know your budget and the area that you live in, I may be able to help you in finding some good deal for the NHC, (because now I know a lot of dealers and their tactics in Bangalore after my stint of buying an used car for myself).
Old 8th April 2010, 19:39   #33
BHPian

Hi Shantanu,
Thanks for your assistance. I have PMed you all the details and some queries that I have. I hope to ride on wheels soon.
Old 9th April 2010, 10:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Thanks @Cesc,
This is what I was looking for. How about driving experience? I know swift is fun to drive but is NHC not good in itself? I believe you own NHC.
Anand,

I sold my NHC a few months ago . Actually a close friend requested that I sell it to him and I could not refuse. At the time of selling it had 1,25,xxx on the odo . I always found NHC a breeze to drive. The engine is refined and the gears well sorted. I maintained my car well and even post 6 figures on the odo it used drive smooth and pull well. I may not be the correct person to comment on ZXi vs NHC driving dynamics as I have not driven the ZXi (though have driven the VDi a lot).

My NHC also held up pretty well for all the miles it had crunched. There were no rattles, squeaks nothing. The service costs were also reasonable (usually within 3k). The service interval was 5k kms.

As Shantanu has already pointed out the back seats for NHC would blow away the ones on Swift. Ditto for the interiors. Wifey was in love with the car to the extent that she preferred it to our Octy. Poor girl had a hard time letting it go.

If I were you, I would buy the NHC straightaway. Be sure to locate a well looked after one though (Shantanu has already offered help as he has gone through that experience). And take care of her. It will serve you for a long time to come.
Old 10th April 2010, 21:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

How good are cars offered by a known Honda dealer that he has got on corporate buybacks? Worth considering?
Old 11th April 2010, 20:10   #36
BANNED

Hi i would suggest ANHC or corolla or ford ikon or fusion.

but best all rounder is corolla or honda city.Baleno is too old now
Old 12th April 2010, 20:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the following today:-
1. 2005 NHC, 64K on odo asking price 3.75-4 Lakhs. The steering was heavy to drive (the sales rep said its due to a bearing nothing else), there were a lot of bolts missing from both inside the cabin and some from the engine bay, The left front door had a vague kind of a thud while closing, The aircon was not cool enough (rep says merely need to fill in the gas), the breaks had a vague and a jarring feel to them even when slightly pressed it had a "grrrr" kind of sound from the left side.
2. Elantra, GLE 2005, 77K on the odo, asking price 4 Lakhs. The interiors were a tad worn, A/C again was not cooling enough.
3. Optra 1.8 LT, AT, 47500 on odo, asking price 3 Lakhs. The car had a nice clean feel, had a reverse camera attached but was not working at the time, Plus A/c was not working( but it would be repaired before being given).
4. This car I ahve not seen but its a Lancer Cedia sports, 2008, 25K on odo, asking price 5.25 Lakhs.

Guys whats your take on these?
Old 12th April 2010, 21:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Checked out the following today:-
1. 2005 NHC, 64K on odo asking price 3.75-4 Lakhs. The steering was heavy to drive (the sales rep said its due to a bearing nothing else), there were a lot of bolts missing from both inside the cabin and some from the engine bay, The left front door had a vague kind of a thud while closing, The aircon was not cool enough (rep says merely need to fill in the gas), the breaks had a vague and a jarring feel to them even when slightly pressed it had a "grrrr" kind of sound from the left side.

Guys whats your take on these?
Based on the description you have provided the NHC looks accidental to me. The left side door + left side noise + lots of bolts missing points to an accident and ensuing repairs. Stay away from it.
A good NHC from 2005 with around 60k on the odo can be had for around 3.5L in Delhi.

Where the heck did you check out these cars? It sure doesn't sound like a nice place - each car has some problem and the asking price is also on the higher side. Dealers around here rig the odos a lot so you should take the quoted figures on the odo with a pinch of salt except in case you have a clear history available.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Cedia? Is it also on a higher side?
Old 13th April 2010, 10:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends, you must have a look at the car before arriving at any sort of conclusion and through service history checkup.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I suppose around 5l should be ok, but again as many have said, take a look at the car, check service history etc. Sometimes, paying a little extra can lead to immense comfort later. Also, see if you have company warranty still available?
Old 13th April 2010, 15:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

I am going to see the car today. Will post in the details. As per the owner the company warranty is still valid for another year.
Old 13th April 2010, 16:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to see the car today. Will post in the details. As per the owner the company warranty is still valid for another year.
The Cedia does not seem to be as widely priced as the others but then again a lot will depend on actual inspection.

If the same fellow is showing you the Cedia then be sure to check the car for accidental repairs as well. See if any insurance claims have been made (by checking the NCB - for a 2 year old car the NCB should be around 30%). If you are directly interacting with a owner then you would be much better off. Hope it goes well
Old 13th April 2010, 17:04   #44
BHPian

do post your experience. I too might purchase a second hand vehicle soon and if I do,the cedia will be on top of my list.

having company warranty would be a great boon.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car today. Bodyline is neat and without blemish. Photocopy of insurance does not show any claim. Colour is Dark Blue and the car seems to be very well maintained. Now how do I go about checking the service history? The dealer is offering to let me take the car anyday to a HM dealer and check it out. The final price seems to be 5 Lakhs with no further leeway.
Open to comments now.

Most Viewed