Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 21:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
According to me it makes more sense to buy a pre owned Cedia. There are very good examples of sparely used Cedias in the market ( <25ooo kms) and at half the price. You dont get hit by the terrible resale and still get all the thrills. And you can save the extra money and add it to buy a Evo sometime down the line.

Ahhh.. exactly what I wanted to say. A pre-owned cedia would be the best bet, invest the rest of the money for the downpayment of EVO or spend it on to the car to modify the cedia.

If you still need a new car, I would suggest you go for cedia only if you plan to keep the car for good 5 years or more. The cedia is the best VFM sedan in the market today. The car should ideally be compared to the civic or the corolla altis. Comparing it to ANHC would be wrong as the car is bigger and better than the ANHC, and even offers more features at the same price tag.

With the budget of 9 lac, I would highly recommend a pre-owned Honda civic or the Toyota Corolla Altis. These cars have better snob value than the Cedia. Cedia no doublt is a Gem and driving pleasure is best in class, but civic or altis sure will fetch better resale and snob compared to the cedia.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 18th March 2010 at 21:48.
Old 18th March 2010, 22:23   #17
BHPian

Yes i agree that it will be harsh to compare cedia with ANHC. Someone here was telling about the new lancer for 11lacs. Any one have an idea regarding this?
Old 18th March 2010, 22:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I don't know why people always talk about resale while buying. If you keep it for 4-5 years resale value will be same for any car.
Perhaps becasue people value money ? And thinking about it before buying is the right time if you want to have control over resale value. It is also not true that if you keep a car for 4-5 years, resale will be same for all cars.

Quote:
Do not compare Cedia with ANHC. Cedia is far better in all aspects. you can compare with Civic or Altis.
Cedia far better then ANHC in all asepcts? Can you substantiate with data? Good criteria to compare would be:'
  • Cabin Space
  • Performance
  • Handling
  • Ride
  • Luggage space
  • Features
  • Fuel Economy
  • Build Quality
  • Safety
I agree that Cedia is better in some and marginally better is some.
Old 18th March 2010, 22:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

I Myself owned Cedia for an year and what a driving experiance I had.Didnt want to part with it,but had to.
Old 19th March 2010, 09:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

I own a lancer and am really proud of it. But I wouldn't buy a lancer in today's day and age.

Neither would I buy a new Cedia if I am concerned about the resale value. Frankly, others cars better the cedia already. But the fun to drive factor is unbeatable and the sports still makes an impression. Try finding used if that is an option.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:07   #21
VMG
BHPian

Guna

other than FE, Cedia scores more in all other factors.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

It would be more prudent if you are open to other Brands.

At 9 lacs, you have a plethora of choices. But my advice would be the beolw cars:

1) ANHC- The best choice in the range. Extremely good VFM sedan and the re sale is one of the very best the market can offer.

2) Skoda Octavia- Good engine though the A.S.S. is a suspect.
3) Cruze- Good VFM Sedan again with a great deal of options available.

But if its the Mitsu you want, Cedia gives more bang for the buck.
Lancer has aged now and the maintenance may be an issue later on.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:36   #23
BHPian

Guna - The Cedia certainly scores higher over the ANHC in all departments listed by you except FE as already told by VMG. Data from any car mag or website will prove the same and the difference is not marginal but considerable if not huge.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Given a choice I would choose the Cedia.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guna

other than FE, Cedia scores more in all other factors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
Guna - The Cedia certainly scores higher over the ANHC in all departments listed by you except FE as already told by VMG. Data from any car mag or website will prove the same and the difference is not marginal but considerable if not huge.
I am not too sure but spacewise, ANHC equals or betters Cedia.
In terms of performance Cedia is ahead marginally.
Luggage area is also more in ANHC.
Build quality, Ride and equipments are certainly better in Cedia.
One would expect Cedia to score in handling but it was much debated in some other threads.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:13   #26
BHPian

Guna said
Quote:
In terms of boot space the ANHC certainly outdoes the Cedia but interior space is where Cedia again excels in my opinion.

Guna said
Quote:
If it's just about numbers then 0-100, 100-0, top speed is where Cedia scores significantly more than the ANHC.

Guna said
Quote:
Certainly.

Guna said
Quote:
One would expect Cedia to score in handling but it was much debated in some other threads.
yes i know but a debate in Tbhp thread does not prove anything about any car. It's just opinions that people present and discuss further. The fact is that Cedia's generous use in rally clearly proves its handling worth and this is a fact and not opinion. But then again everyone has different perceptions and ideas about handling so to each his own and i respect that but IMO Cedia handles way better than ANHC.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Luggage area is also more in ANHC.
I own a Cedia Spirit and have travelled quite a few times in the ANHC, honestly, Cedia is way better in the cabin space and cabin noise areas and cannot even be compared with ANHC - especially the rear bench !
Luggage area - well if you go just purely by the numbers, you can argue that the boot capacity of ANHC is more, but the Cedia boot is more usable if you know what i mean.
As mentioned by others, Cedia is way better in all areas other than FE which is obviously due to the reason that the car belongs to another segment. Its like comparing FE of hatchbacks against ANHC !

There can be a never ending argument on which is a better car, but drive a Cedia and you'd feel the high ! By no means am i degrading the City, my previous car was a City, its just that if Cedia can give better bang for my buck, why would i consider an ANHC, unless i am unable to differentiate between a car purchase and an investment (for returns).
Old 19th March 2010, 13:10   #28
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2010 at 12:10.
Old 19th March 2010, 13:18   #29
BHPian

The cedia is a one hell lot of fun to drive. Not many cars at that price range can give you the kind of sporty driving pleasure as this one does and added to that the mistu pedigree and most would agree that a lancer/cedia still has a good snob value. The car has not got its due credit due to the names associated with it (HM and Mitsu).

lancer is dated in all aspects, so go blindly for the cedia unless you are looking at reselling it at a later stage. I would suggest rather go for a good seconds cedia and spend the extra bucks to pimp your ride.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

I would pick a Cedia over a Lancer. It's a better car in all respects except the looks (subjective, of course). IMO the older gen Lancer looks much better than the Cedia. But then again, the latest variant of the old Lancer that HM is selling is not much of a looker.
Cedia all the way.

Best bang for the buck - pick up a 1 - 2 yr old pre-owned Cedia.
Advantages:
- Price: first owner takes the hit on low resale. As per carwale, you can pick up a 1 yr old Cedia sport for as low as 6.5L (Mumbai). That's a depreciation of around 40% in a year! Amazing VFM for you, the second owner.
- For a well built Japanese car like the Cedia, 1 year is hardly anything. Assuming the car was well maintained, you'll have an almost-like-new vehicle.
- Car's already been run-in. You can start enjoying her from day 1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks