Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:32   #31
BHPian

Mitsubishi Manufactures very well build Cars.

I completely differ with people who compare Honda City with Cedia they are class apart.

Cedia cannot be compared to City.

For a person who is passionate about cars it does not matter: good selling numbers or bad selling numbers. Good Numbers does not necessary mean Best Quality.

I would just advice people to test drive any Mitsubishi products they have wonderful suspension, Build Quality, engine & durability & that is also proved by the result of DAKAR Rally.

Mitsubishi has got it presence in niche market. To sell in numbers is a different aspect as a company requires to be good not only in one department but in every.

I also prefer a product with a good build quality as if the build quality is good the other aspect such as service etc becomes less required.

I would recommended buy a second hand cedia & enjoy your drive.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:14   #32
BHPian

Cedia should be your choice when compared with Lancer. It is way ahead of lancer in all areas.

Cedia is certainly better in all aspects, except FE than ANHC. Its easy to handle in the city and superb in highway. Its got one of the best ride and handling combination.

If you get an oppurtunity, try to borrow a cedia for 2 days and drive it. You will LOVE it. Cedia is pretty addictive. It grows on you. Do the same with ANHC as well, you can understand the difference.

Or do a back to back extensive TD for both Cedia and ANHC on the same day, same route. Plan it with good & bad roads, city driving, Highways, full loads and explore it.
Old 28th March 2010, 22:25   #33
BHPian

Cedia surely is a very good car and it grows on you over a period of time. Lancer is outdated and there is no reason why Mitsu is still selling it in India. Cedia scores surely over Lancer and in my opinion is a better car than Corolla, Civic, Octavia as well. Pick the red sports and drive it around with elaan!
Old 28th March 2010, 22:36   #34
BHPian

you can chek out second hand civics also.better car than cedia in allmost all respects
Old 29th March 2010, 09:27   #35
BHPian

Among Cedia and Lancer, go for Cedia since it's only the newer Lancer sold world over (carmakers sell older versions along with newer ones to keep new version's price high, case in point is Accent/Verna). Since you didn't say you had to buy new, I'd say go for a pre-owned Cedia, the deal is terrific (5-6 L for 2006-07 models). The positive side to poor resale for a new car is the superb deal for a used car buyer.
If you're in love with Lancer/Cedia, you're in love. You'll always miss your Lancer/Cedia even if you got some supposedly better/bigger car etc.
Old 29th March 2010, 09:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

How did i miss this thread? These days Lancer is only available in diesel, so if you are looking for performance you are at the wrong place.

Where as the cedia can be had for under 10 lacs with all the creature comforts, if you can streach your budget a tad bit you would get get the cedia sports with those GPS and other gizmos. Since you are from trivandrum i can get you some extra discounts. go to Geo motors at Kaniyapuram and ask for Arun Vinod: 9847030505, tell him you were referred by Pramod who owns a Ap reg 7777 lancer in silver. Speak to him, he would surly help you.

Pramod
Old 9th April 2010, 13:04   #37
BHPian

All set on Cedia sports (I was planning to book a red one tomorrow) I came across this news
http://***************.com/2010/04/r...+Autos+blog%29

"Mitsubishi will also at last get the new lancer to take on the Civic,Corolla, Cruze & Laura. Powered by a 2.0litre 152 BHP petrol engine & a VW sourced 2.o diesel with a power output of 138BHP, the car is expected to be priced between 11-13lakhs. Transmission includes a 5 speed manual & a 6 speed automatic.Expected launch-mid 2010."

RajaTaurus had already informed me this
"They sort of indicated the Evo to be 30 Lac'ish and the Lancer-T10 around 15 lac'ish. But, with HM/Mitsu you never know what they are up to, do you?"
in another thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1821528) and the above news seems to talk about the same

Now even if this costs marginally more I am Ok with it as my initial budget was actually 15-20L. Question to Mitsubishi fans/insiders is how true the above info is and when is it expected as I am not particularly in hurry but have already been patient for 2 months.

Mods - If this deserves a new thread/title please do the needful

PS: Link appear as **** but hints the website address at its end

Last edited by alto99 : 9th April 2010 at 13:09.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well, we've all been very patient. If Mitsu finally do wake up and smell the coffee, I know many who will consider the new Lancer seriously. Mid-2010 is 2 months away. Call me skeptical, but I'll wait till I see something concrete before rejoicing.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Well, we've all been very patient. If Mitsu finally do wake up and smell the coffee, I know many who will consider the new Lancer seriously. Mid-2010 is 2 months away. Call me skeptical, but I'll wait till I see something concrete before rejoicing.
I found another thread where this is being discussed http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ome-india.html .
Old 30th December 2023, 17:33   #40
BHPian

Re: Cedia or Lancer??

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but is this a Lancer or a Cedia

https://archive.is/s8QGd

https://www.olx.in/item/mitsubishi-l...iid-1756162584

Is 1.25 L a decent price to pay? How much of this car looks stock to you?

Cedia or Lancer??-mitsubishiwhat.png
Old 31st December 2023, 10:34   #41
BHPian

Re: Cedia or Lancer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
lIs 1.25 L a decent price to pay? How much of this car looks stock to you?
It’s a Cedia. You should DM BHPian SunnyBoi as he owns one and also takes extraordinary care of it. I had read in his thread that spares are an issue but you can still confirm the same with him.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks