Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2005, 12:22   #16
Team-BHP Support

SX is very good, but it has one big "waste factor" The VCD player. 90% of the time it will be my wife and me on the front seat, with the rear seats empty.
Moreover I do not want to go for leather seats. In North India Heat towel type is the best. Our Getz has leather seats, and believe me its a terror getting in the car after 2 hours in the summer sun

the features which i really need are Fog lamps, alloy wheels and Height adjustment, but paying 70K for those is a too too much. Wish tata gave a height adjustable seat on the LX too!
Old 11th October 2005, 12:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Moreover I do not want to go for leather seats. In North India Heat towel type is the best. Our Getz has leather seats, and believe me its a terror getting in the car after 2 hours in the summer sun
Umm..Are you talking about artificial leather or real leather?
Old 11th October 2005, 14:20   #18
Team-BHP Support

Real leather. Though the feel of leather is soft and plushy, it gets heated up and does not absorb sweat like cotton seatcovers do. And the Getz is black in color, making it doubly uncomfortable.
Old 12th October 2005, 11:38   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys, all those buying an indigo now(LX, GLX) make sure you get fog lamps. The one without fog lamps are old pieces.
Old 12th October 2005, 17:45   #20
Team-BHP Support

One more question for you guys. In my hometown Ludhiana, various dealers are advertising 0% finance scheme for 3 year loan. I did not see any such ads in delhi and whereabouts. Such schemes are there on swift also! In ludhiana swift is available for 0% loan. Therefore if i get a good offer i may pick up the car from ludhiana. Anyone aware of such offers in NCR?
Old 13th October 2005, 02:19   #21
BHPian

I really doubt that the Ford's new diesel car would cost below 8lk on-road! cant say abt the ex showroom. i think for ur requirement, u should go for the ACCENT VIVA CRDI! that is well within ur "7lk exshowroom" price tag! and its a great car!
Old 13th October 2005, 15:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think you can consider Hyundai Elantra as an option if you are not concerned about it's looks.

I am not sure if Hyundai is offering any discounts on this less sold car, but if there are any you may be able to get it by slightly stretching your budget.

Or also you can consider an used Elantra. This option may be with in your budget. I think apart from it's looks, this car with a CRDI option is a very good car.
Old 13th October 2005, 17:13   #23
Team-BHP Support

@Insane devil. Accent Crdi is not an option as i dont fit in that
@satish, the elantra crdi is 10L on road after discounts, and that makes it way way way over my budget!
Old 14th October 2005, 02:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Or also you can consider an used Elantra. This option may be with in your budget. I think apart from it's looks, this car with a CRDI option is a very good car.
Good idea, but where I come from even the 2nd hand Elantra CRDis are way over his budget - prices start at around 7.75 lakhs....
Old 18th October 2005, 11:08   #25
Team-BHP Support

Want opinions

Hello fellas, sorry for reviving the thread, but wanted your opinions on the following
I checked out the new indica turbo.
I could not test drive it(will do it soon) but found out the following differences between indigo and indica
Feature wise indigo scores over indica in the following
1. Boot
2. Slightly more rear legroom
3, Independent three link rear suspension
4. Reading lights for back seat passengers
5. 3 bhp.

For this, tata is charging 1Lac more. If you look at the features in general, you pay one lakh just for a boot and 3 horsepower.
Indica is better looking, and is lighter so that 3bhp is insignificant.

So this makes the indigo very overpriced. When TATA gave an intercooler to indigo, it raised the price by 10000rs, and when indica got a turbo+intercooler, the price rise was 12K.

Compared to indica indigo is no longer that VFM. So i am planning to wait and watch. The upgrade to indigo must be around the corner. I am not expecting a DICOR, but i guess they will tweak the ECU and turbo to produce 4-5HP more, and maybe add a few features like height adjustible seats which are currently available on SX.

Another development which i remembered is our Finance minister saying that the cars are classed as luxury as in cigerettes and liquor. He said beginning of 2006 he will rectify this(Look at the stock market, why do you think that even in the crash(8800-8200) auto stocks are on a roll). So its better to wait and watch. Even a small cut in excise duty means 15000 savings on a car like the indigo. Moreover if the small car ruling comes into play where small cars are taxed lower, getz crdi and swift jtd may be priced well below 5L ex showroom.

Since i have no problems waiting for 3-6 months, i will sit and watch the scene. Buying a new car now does not make any sense for me!

Also a few guys PMd me about interest rates and schemes, heres what i found out.
The first figure quoted(lowest) is 7.5%. You tell them rival bank is quoting 6.5% the next figure quoted is 6%.
So whatever car you are buying, for a 4 year loan do not pay more than 6.5%, no matter what. But beware, with this figure, the 4% finance discount is no more. To get that you will get 9% interest. In that case the net outflow is more from your pocket. So go for 6% and forsake the finance discount.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 18th October 2005 at 11:18.
Old 18th October 2005, 12:29   #26
BHPian

good choice but I did not know that new Indica has turbo + intercooler both!
I thought it got the old Indigo engine (tweaked 62bhp) and the Go had the new TDi 70bhp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks