Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 11:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

A tip on buying a used car - have lot of patience! Just look around MORE, and I am sure you'll find the right one at the right price!
Old 26th April 2010, 11:23   #17

Coming from my experience, you won't really get silky smooth roads in CG. Cars like Civic although brilliant cars can't be explored fully. Then there are other host of options listed here. With your budget of around 6 Lakhs, even an Accord is in your reach. Think what is that you really want from your car.
Hey Gaurav you and your friends seem to own some of the best Cedias in town. Do you mind help me owning one.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
A 2002-2003 Honda Accord. Real fun to drive. FE? Don't even ask

With that kind of handling the previous Accord is far from being FTD. And unless you are talking about the V6s (which came later and may not be easily available in the mentioned budget) performance is nothing to write about either. Though its a comfortable car with lots of luxury and snob value to boot with. But if 'fun to drive' is the main requirement look elsewhere.

Also its tough finding a Civic in good condition for 6 lacs.

And if you think corolla is not fun to drive, that is only half true. That old 125 bhp motor in pre-altis corolla is a gem of an engine. Just that the handling is not half as exciting as the motor and that prevents corolla from being a real FTD car.

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 26th April 2010 at 16:26.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:20   #19
BHPian

Buddy, a piece of advice...In case the car is well kept and is in good condition, pay the premium and get the car. You may be able to get another for 4.25/4.5 but in case it turned out a lemon, you will always curse yourself for purchase.

Not all cars are alike, it depends whether you want a bargain or a good car.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 26th April 2010 at 18:20. Reason: missing word
Old 26th April 2010, 18:29   #20
BHPian

With a 6lac budget , you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand SX4 i think. IMO , this would be the best.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Rishi's comments above. Further a premium over the prices prevailing in Delhi is justified considering the remote location of Raipur/CG. This is assuming that a Cedia of same vintage & maintained in similar condition is indeed available in Delhi at the prices being mentioned (too many variables). All other alternatives being mentioned Baleno, SX4 and others are simply not in the same league.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:55   #22
BHPian

Cedia at 5 lacs is still a very good bet. Seconds market in Delhi or other metros would be very different from Raipur hence you should not consider 4.2 or 4.5 deals for just 2 yrs old Cedia. Also, if the Mitsu dealer is your friend then even better as it would give you hassle free ownership if you pick Cedia.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I agree with Rishi's comments above. Further a premium over the prices prevailing in Delhi is justified considering the remote location of Raipur/CG. This is assuming that a Cedia of same vintage & maintained in similar condition is indeed available in Delhi at the prices being mentioned (too many variables). All other alternatives being mentioned Baleno, SX4 and others are simply not in the same league.
Hey Khoj, long time no see. So have you finally picked Cedia?
Old 26th April 2010, 21:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rishi,

Yes, the Blue Streak came home before I did and it is all due to your invaluable help,
See link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1812322

My apologies on not calling you earlier but I have been swamped with work ever since I landed in Delhi but will definitely call you later this week.
Old 26th April 2010, 22:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Fun to drive? Civic!!!

Check out GTO's Civic thread.

A 2002-2003 Honda Accord. Real fun to drive. FE? Don't even ask

Toyota Corolla, excellent VFM, sadly lacks fun to drive factor.

Skoda Octavia Diesel, though an excellent mile cruncher, I wouldn't go for it if I were you. Used Skoda is best avoided. Heck, first hand owners have had problems with their cars, in such a case, a 2nd hand sends shiver down my spine. They have an uncanny knack of failing once warranty ceases. See the number of dissatisfied Skoda owners on the Forum, you will get a fair idea.
octavia 1.9 diesel is not that bad car.thats is RS which is unreliable.
Old 27th April 2010, 11:20   #26
VMG
BHPian

Mitsu cars are very reliable and long lasting parts. I had a very good experience with Lancer earlier and now I am using Cedia for the last 30 months and I am enjoying every moment of it.
4.5L or 5L I suggest you can go ahead and enjoy the driving.
Other cars you may get it lesser but I can bet you can't enjoy driving like Cedia and you will end up paying more on maintenace.
Old 27th April 2010, 12:51   #27
agm
BHPian

Exactly.Spot on guys comparing second market of delhi or any other metro with what we have got in raipur would be wrong.As i have mentioned earlier in whole CG there is not more than 5-7 cedia .So getting a used one at 4-4.25L will be next to impossible .

Yup, dealer is a very good friend and that is one of the reason for me to go ahead with the deal.hopefully will not face any problem regarding A*S , spares etc .

Regarding roads here in CG which now is one of the best ,has improved quite a lot in the past 4-5 years.It was bad when Raipur/CG was part of MP.

Most probably i'll close the deal by today evening or by tommorow.Will update you guys. Thanks
Old 27th April 2010, 16:45   #28

Good roads is good news agm. Anyway Cedia should not have problems tackling roads. You can be soon zipping away on your machine. Looking forward for your catch.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:54   #29
BHPian

AGM - 5 lakhs for a 2007 model and that too Spirit is a tad high but then again considering the fact that it is easier to find such cars in cities such as Delhi/Mumbai etc and very hard in places like Raipur I suggest you go for it. If you are sure about the car's health and love the Cedia for its abilities then don't hesitate to pay a premium of about 50 grands. Also assuming that only 5-7 Cedias trot around your city's roads the extra 50k would be worth the exclusivity factor. I would suggest to approach the seller with the money/cheque and tell him that you'll buy it right now or never and then try and reduce whetever possible. Might work and if it doesn't still buy it. Live by your heart sometimes, it eases things for the brain. :-)

P.S. - I'm that friend of Gaurav who bought the red Cedia. Car is doing absolutely fine and no major issues on A** front too. Reliability is proven and spare prices are comparable to the competition. Part waiting time as highlighted bvy Gaurav is the only minor issue but not too long.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:58   #30
BANNED

I haven't seen people considering Logan so much in such cases.

Is it because Logan is not worth it, or everyone forgets about it..?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks