Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 11:07   #31
BHPian

Ranjan - The requirement here is mainly for a performance car and the Logan even in its 1.6 avatar is nowhere close to being a performance car. IT's a very good family vehicle though and excellent VFM provided the buyer can live with the looks.
Old 29th May 2010, 14:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Exactly.Spot on guys comparing second market of delhi or any other metro with what we have got in raipur would be wrong.As i have mentioned earlier in whole CG there is not more than 5-7 cedia .So getting a used one at 4-4.25L will be next to impossible .

Yup, dealer is a very good friend and that is one of the reason for me to go ahead with the deal.hopefully will not face any problem regarding A*S , spares etc .

Regarding roads here in CG which now is one of the best ,has improved quite a lot in the past 4-5 years.It was bad when Raipur/CG was part of MP.

Most probably i'll close the deal by today evening or by tommorow.Will update you guys. Thanks
Hi agm,

trust you got the car! an update please.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:11   #33
agm
BHPian

First of all please accept my apologize for replying late ,and not updating this thread.

Dint get the car.the day i made the decision for going ahead with the deal,i tried calling the owner N number of times but than he dint take my calls for a week.Later, he called me and told me that someone has already bought the car for 5.5L .

Anyways , not disappointed as i dont think i would have paid him 5.5L for that car .

Now aint thinking of a used car.Have waited for to long now and dont have pateince left in me .will decide and get a brand new sedan.

SX4 is what i am thinking as it fulfills all the criteria .

Last edited by agm : 3rd June 2010 at 17:18.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Buying a used Cedia a good decision?

I was considering a used Cedia, purely for couple of reasons, its a drivers car and secondly for it could be bought for a decent price. as per carwale a 2006/7 Cedia in excellent condition should cost between3.2 to 3.5lacs bracket...

however their always be a 2sides of the coin, am not sure how good the service part is and not sure how easy to maintain this car is?

Expected usage of the car: the car will be used mostly on long distance trave and very less in city(90:10) and when we say long drives bad road condition is a concern.

Would like to hear from experts on this, thanks!

Last edited by lohithrao : 22nd December 2011 at 12:10.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a used Cedia a good decision?

Purely depends on how well the car is kept, otherwise its a good Japanese brand which should last for long and give you headache free service.

On long term ownership experience do go through Gaurav's long term ownership thread of his Cedia. The A.S.S depends on place and dealer as such Mitsu aren't present everywhere so it might turn out to be a pain (if needed frequently). One question though, as you are planning to use it for long distances where in service network may not be available wouldn't it be better to look for a manufacturer which has a wider presence?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 22nd December 2011 at 12:23.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:41   #36
BHPian

One of the most underrated cars and just cant find something to upgrade to. Great car and if well maintained, go for it.
mav2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:00   #37
Team-BHP Support

The Cedia has always been a great car. Only, it's been let down by poor after-sales-service. It's a pity, because several great cars couldn't cement themselves in our market, precisely because of this.

The Cedia does have a few flaws here and there. If I'm not wrong. Mitsubishi had tweaked the suspension for our Indian roads, and that meant that it's a little soft, and a stiffer setup could transform the Cedia's handling and unlock the car's true potential, allowing you to sample the car's rally-pedigree.

The engine is good too, albeit detuned for Indian driving (mileage, to be precise) which doesn't seem to have helped much. Anyway, I will take nothing away from the Cedia, as it has, possibly, the most sorted chassis in the business, and a brilliant steering/gearbox. Its core is very strong.

However, you must think long and hard before jumping into a Cedia that you're going to buy. Because Mitsubishi's future here is uncertain. HM has ruined the automobile-wing of the brand here in India. Shoddy service is the sole reason for this.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...huts-shop.html

Several points have been put forth and the discussion should assist you in your decision.

If you're prepared to own a car who's brand may not have a future here in India, then go for it. It should be a more or less trouble-free service because it's a Jap and should be very reliable anyway. But if impeccable after-sales-service is the criteria for your purchase, then you may need to step away from it. Sadly.

EDIT: Remember, buying a good-condition or a not-so good condition Cedia is secondary, in the list of things to check out before you buy it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd December 2011 at 13:06.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

There are only TWO cars you can buy under 5 lac bracket.. A 2006-2009 cedia or a 2006-07 civic.

If budget is 3.5 or under look for a cedia and I bet you wont regret. Also, please note that parts of all C+ segment cars including cedia, civic and altis are atrociously priced, so if you are paying under 5 lacs for a car, you wont pay 45k for cedia's axle or 80k for civic's compressor. In either case you will have to take help of aftermarket. Now, parts for civic are easily available in aftermarket but I cannot say the same about the cedia. However, 1 click on the net and you should be able to procure the part at less than 1/2 the OEM cost. So, should there be a need to worry.

Both of these care are reliable machines and should need minimum maintenance. Please note, cedia uses same air/oil filter as lancer and procuring them in aftermarket isnt an issue. As far as servicing is concerned, as long as you know a good technician outside, it shouldnt be an issue.

I'd be least bothered about Mitsubishi's future in India, but if you are, then let me assure you that the company isnt going anywhere, its mere speculation and in fact, the official annoncement for the launch of new pajero sport came in yesterday only. Industry sources tell me that India is the last country Mitsubishi will QUIT.

My cousin will buy a car sometime in first half of 2012 and it will most probably be an Outlander; a 12 year old lancer and 6 year old cedia already sitting in his garage. The price we pay for these Mitsubishis is more than MORE CAR PER CAR .

Here is the link to my thread and I posted a detailed ownership report on page 22, where I compared it to the likes of civic, polo and others...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...update-22.html

I'd say buy civic if budget allows and if you are more concerned about the aftersales.. and buy cedia if you wana listen to your heart..

@Mav 2000: I completely agree, once you drive the lancer/cedia, you really cant find an upgrade option..atleast in a segment or 2 above..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd December 2011 at 13:38.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the quick inputs!

While am pretty excited about this car, *** is something which concerns me. mav2000 whats the spares scene?
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

@lohitrao,

Keeping the emotions apart for a minute, you need to find analyze whether buying the Cedia would be judicious decision in the wake of dwindling sales of Mitsu and no clear direction of HM/Mitsu alliance. You will find yourselves wanting for spares although a nicely maintained Cedia would hardly give any trouble.

If your primary requirement is of long distance running and assumingly a performance car, I would suggest a used Fiesta 1.6S if you could get one.
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I was considering a used Cedia
Is Civic also in contention, if yes i would suggest just go for it with, just make sure the tail lamps are the octagonal ones (not circle ones), why, because it seems they modified the suspension and this one is better in terms of scraping its belly. For ownership thread you could look at mine, @shuvc, and @dot's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
There are only TWO cars you can buy under 5 lac bracket.. A 2006-2009 cedia or a 2006-07 civic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...update-22.html

I'd say buy civic if budget allows and if you are more concerned about the aftersales.. and buy cedia if you wana listen to your heart..
There he is, talk of Cedia and he is in lol. Well one of the most exhaustive ownership threads on Cedia. The other one is from @ rajataurus in Chennai. His ownership thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...5000-km-8.html
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

I guess the OP is already using a FIAT adventure. Or was it a Fusion?

In any case I think he is already half prepared for/familiar of issues which will come.
So me thinks he can go for a Cedia.
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
whats the spares scene?
Most wear and tear parts are available readily and most major parts take 8-10 working days to be delivered to Delhi. I assume, down south it shouldnt take more than 5 working days. And yes even Honda, Toyota dealers wont stock such non wear and tear parts.. However, if you get stuck with something that goes kaput in extremely rare condition, it may take upto 35-40 days for the part to come from Japan, but thats 1% chance..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
just make sure the tail lamps are the octagonal ones (not circle ones), why, because it seems they modified the suspension and this one is better in terms of scraping its belly.
Octagonal ones came in 2009 or later civics and that will cost almost double his budget .

Here is Bhpian SUN's thread, he got himself a pre-owned 2006 cedia this year with 100,000 on the clock.. The car still looks immacuate.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...shi-cedia.html

Heres another one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ance-cost.html

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd December 2011 at 14:02.
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Yea i own a Adventure and frankly ownership experience has been pretty good so far, in terms of service and spares...

I would not want spend a lot on a used petrol car as all know the petrol price will only go up and i know if i want to sell it after few years i cant get a decent price. also spending less on buying a car wont pinch much...

Yes as pointed out , am looking for a performance car...Civic would have fit the bill if i got it for 4lacs but i know i would be draming if i can find one in that budget...hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I guess the OP is already using a FIAT adventure. Or was it a Fusion?

In any case I think he is already half prepared for/familiar of issues which will come.
So me thinks he can go for a Cedia.
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

My opinion is, don't go by carwale's estimates. Try finding one to fit that price and no strings attached, nothing hidden under the carpet. The price will be case to case basis purely depending on the condition of the car, number of hands changed, odometer readings, type of maintenance (from authorized dealer or not), any major replacement of parts - et al. I would be extra cautious if 2007 Cedia comes for 3 Lac bracket. 2007 Cedia with under 50K on odo would come for around 4-5 Lacs.

Most Viewed