Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a used Cedia a good decision?

I have the same query again. Is there a basis for the statement below ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
but even the general public knows about the lack-lustrous after-sales-service.
My Cedia has seen service and running repairs in more than one city and I have found the A.S.S. personnel to be accommodating, proficient in their work and the centres well equipped for the work at hand. In fact amongst the three different makes of cars that I have the mechanics at Mitsubishi are the only ones who take pride in their work, are capable of interacting directly with the vehicle owners and know what they are talking about. I have on more than one instance heard them fondly talk/recall their training at Chennai, refresher courses and company sponsored Inter regional competitions for best mechanic/technician of the year etc. This coupled with amicable managers and owners a Mitsubishi A.S.C. is a nice place to spend a half day while getting the car serviced/attended to in front of your eyes unless you have opted for their excellent pick and drop service.

I primarily bought the Cedia for use on highways and firmly believe I could not have bought a better car in its segment or even one below and above for my intended usage.

As for the general public I know for a fact that a large section of vehicle owners are not even aware of a manufacturer called Mitsubishi let alone Cedia and what not. Do I mind it? NO, not at all I am all for the exclusivity it brings and enjoy the attention it gets on the road.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
What difference/improvements does Sports version has compared to Evolution?
I think you mean Elegence, spirit or select...Evo is as in EVO. Completely different car leave apart the chassis and interiors....

Quote:
- Any changes in Engine/gearbox?
- Any difference in suspensions?
Nope, the engine/gearbox and suspension are same for all cedias..

Quote:
- Interiors?
On the interiors, you will find beige/black and wood in elegance/spirit model and in sports you will find black and titanium finish with fake carbon fibre..In 2006, the sports didnt come with leather interiors. From 2007 till 2010, it came with leather interiors..Also, fog lamps were missing in 2006 sports..

On the exterior of course, you find extended bumpers, side skirts along with a spoiler. In sept-oct 2008, sports started coming with a momo steerin, OZ alloys, double din music system and sports pedals.. this one looks exactly like evo 8-9 from inside..

Quote:
Forgot to as hows the "rear seat" comfort, leg room, this is very essential?
The rear seat is quite decent, the recline is good and most people find it comfortable. But then some people have their own perception. If you are tall (6 ish), you might feel lack of under thing support. Though, you can have a 6 feet person sit comfortably with driver seat pushed right back..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd December 2011 at 15:35.
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:50   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I have the same query again. Is there a basis for the statement below ?
I hope this isn't for the sake of argument.

But all of us know that Mitsubishi's service isn't good on the whole.

There might be a few dealerships and service centers around that are doing a prompt job, but Mitsibishi's presence in the future in India is bleak, and not much can be done about it.

Now I have had in many threads where people have tried to prove me wrong. Does it have something to do with my age, or is it because people don't like the fact that I have opinions too? And it is a FACT that Mitsubishi's service is lack luster. Look at the number of cars sold by Mitsubishi over the last few months.

A handful of Cedias and Monterios, and the ageing but brilliant Pajero still managing just about three-figure numbers. If that isn't enough, then I'm afraid I don't know what is.

Please don't get me wrong, Sir. Just because I'm stating a fact, it doesn't mean I'm on a bashing-spree, and so many people on this forum tend to believe that I'm on a bashing-spree if I talk reality.

For every one HM service-center that's good, there is one that isn't. That is the same case with Fiat, which is otherwise a great brand, but simply isn't able to do well in India.

EDIT: I'm a huge fan of Mitsubishi and the lancer series. Always have been. It's one of my favourite cars, and it's a real pity that Mitsubishi is struggling here in India. But it's a fact and it can't be helped. Trying to say that there is no basis for that statement is not going to help the thousands of readers who want a Cedia, but may not be aware of the after-sales issues.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd December 2011 at 16:01.
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Mitsubishi Cedia

^^Here I think After Sales Service is measured in number of outlets across the country, accessibility from anywhere in the country.
In general what we need service center for?
1. Regular service of the car at regular intervals.
2. Replacement of wear and tear parts on long intervals.
3. Repairs as and when it happens.
4. Assistance during breakdown.
5. Insurance backup.
I have in Chennai Maya Motors, who were ACT before. (for your info, they do not service Ambassadors) Believe me there is no indication of a typical HM service center that services Ambassadors. You never go to HM's showroom for service. Mitsubishi trains the service centers through HM for servicing.
And I have heard similar good stories from Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai dealers cum service centers.
All people presume the After Sales Service of Mitsubishi is 'poor' as they don't have enough service centers at length and breadth of the country. It does not necessarily amounts to 'poor' service, just 'poor reach' - which is definitely a lack. That's why Whenever I travel to other city, I take the dealer's phone number of that city or the nearest service center. And they take the car from where it is and deliver it back there if you want to, of course for a meager cost.
Well, well, we have done this talk a thousand times in the forum under different threads, trying to erase this 'myth'.
Having said all that, it is your pure personal choice and perspective that counts.
I myself is one happy owner of a Cedia 2007 Spirit. Wanna sell it? Not in the next 5 years time.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 23rd December 2011 at 17:11.
RajaTaurus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Argument? I could not find any facts to argue on.

I would be very much keen to learn as to what is 'not good on the whole' with their service, after all as an owner of a Mitsubishi vehicle it is in my interest to know what may be in store for me.

As for Mitsu's future in India. I believe like any other corporate entity they have professionals to take care of their goings on, so let us give them some credit and leave it at that.

Quote:
I hope this isn't for the sake of argument.

But all of us know that Mitsubishi's service isn't good on the whole.

There might be a few dealerships and service centers around that are doing a prompt job, but Mitsibishi's presence in the future in India is bleak, and not much can be done about it.

Age has nothing to with it but factual experience certainly. If you have any actual instance(s) where in you were left high and dry by Mitsubishi A.S.S. then share it, if not then do retrospect whether it is worthwhile to base statements on gossip.

Ever wonder why so many forum members independent of each other have similar views/reactions to such posts.

As for the dwindling sales, well Mitsubishi never sold in numbers and yet they are persisting. Does that tell us something? Do we have all the facts and figures in black and white for us to see into the future and predict their well being or otherwise. I do not think so, again let us leave it to Mitsubishi's management.

Quote:
Now, I have had in many threads where people have tried to prove me wrong. Does it have something to do with my age, or is it because people don't like the fact that I have opinions too? And it is a FACT that Mitsubishi's service is lack luster. Look at the number of cars sold by Mitsubishi over the last few months.

A handful of Cedias and Monterios, and the ageing but brilliant Pajero still managing just about three-figure numbers. If that isn't enough, then I'm afraid I don't know what is.

Reality is a very strong word as and as you come along you will learn that sometimes even what our eyes see may not be reality at all. Anyhow whether it is bashing or praising I have no issues on that front. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Facts, yes that is what I would be interested in and as I posted above, all of us would appreciate if you could make us aware of any experiences that you might have had.

Quote:
Please don't get me wrong, Sir. Just because I'm stating a fact, it doesn't mean I'm on a bashing-spree, and so many people on this forum tend to believe that I'm on a bashing-spree if I talk reality.

Quite correct as per law of averages this should be true for almost all of the car makers, so nothing different here. Maybe I am lucky but I have had consistently satisfying experiences at various service centres in four different cities.

Quote:
For every one HM service-center that's good, there is one that isn't. That is the same case with Fiat, which is otherwise a great brand, but simply isn't able to do well in India.

Good to know that you like Mitsubishi. While I drive one I am not a fan. That does not take away from the fact that the Cedia is an extremely satisfying car to drive and that I have no issues per se regarding their A.S.C. as of at the moment. In continuance, it also remains a fact that tomorrow as my driving requirements change I would not hesitate to move to a different make/brand.

To me it hardly matters what the company has planned for the next decade. As long as I like a product and have not heard too many sob stories from people who are driving vehicles from the same manufacturer, I am OK in going ahead and putting my money down. Now whether my car is only 1 out of the 3 they sell that month or 1 of 3000 does not matter to me. My buying decisions are based in part on actually visiting the work shops prior to purchase and throwing ten things at the service personnel ( I actually do this when ever I test drive with an intent to purchase) and the way they respond tells you a lot. I also make it a point to chat up other owners or drivers for their feedbacks and believe you me it has always helped. If there are any sob stories and after sales issues I like to know about them before I jump in and so far I have not heard any tear jerkers regarding Mitsubishi's after sales.

Quote:
EDIT: I'm a huge fan of Mitsubishi and the lancer series. Always have been. It's one of my favourite cars, and it's a real pity that Mitsubishi is struggling here in India. But it's a fact and it can't be helped. Trying to say that there is no basis for that statement is not going to help the thousands of readers who want a Cedia, but may not be aware of the after-sales issues.
khoj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 17:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao

How's the "rear seat" comfort, leg room, this is very essential.
Cedia rear seat is very good. The leg room is generous. I have a photo of the legroom in my ownership thread.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 08:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I have had in many threads where people have tried to prove me wrong. Does it have something to do with my age.

Trying to say that there is no basis for that statement is not going to help the thousands of readers who want a Cedia, but may not be aware of the after-sales issues.
Oh whats you age?, i thought you were in mid 30s before looking at your profile , now i know you are much younger. Seriously age does not matter, and i think what you are trying to say does make sense from the POV i see it.

We did not buy Cedia as there is hardly any presence of them across the country and within the city. At least if i am not happy with Whitefield Honda i can go to Magnum or Dakshin, no such options in Cedia's case. On the flip side if you see, Cedia's don't fail very often (Same is the case with Honda/Toyota), so very few times one might end up in their A.S.S. It all depends on the buyer and his/her comfort levels, also the fact i have not seen any major complaints from the owners of Cedia on A.S.S. experience. So the only reason i did not buy was low service network (Which is a fact and no one can challenge that). Bad A.S.S experience is not a fact across and it varies from town/city to city (This is also a fact). Put both of these together and some would be fine with it and take the plunge, and some others wouldn't be (Like me) and would not take the plunge. Both is perfectly fine.

The other way to look at it is, this is your opinion, and other may disagree but (and can have their own), and folks may disagree, which is alright.

My advise (as it comes free ), is facts would need personal (which includes close family and friends) experience (and not distant acquaintance, as it may lead to more noise then real data, i.e. the information is not fully trustworthy), or figures to substantiate. Anything else is pure speculation and hear say.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 25th December 2011 at 09:02.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 12:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you, and also i feel its important to own a reliable machine, if the car starts giving complex issues even the manufacturer who has best *** coverage will fial.

I had a OHC before, had a bad time with whitefield Honda until i found a good SA. i think its important to find a good expert who knows the car and whose intention is clean.

for that matter i keep hearing people rant about Tata service, believe me last 3+years of my ownership of Fiat i can vouch that thier service is on per Honda and many times better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Oh whats you age?, i thought you were in mid 30s before looking at your profile , now i know you are much younger. Seriously age does not matter, and i think what you are trying to say does make sense from the POV i see it.

We did not buy Cedia as there is hardly any presence of them across the country and within the city. At least if i am not happy with Whitefield Honda i can go to Magnum or Dakshin, no such options in Cedia's case. On the flip side if you see, Cedia's don't fail very often (Same is the case with Honda/Toyota), so very few times one might end up in their A.S.S. It all depends on the buyer and his/her comfort levels, also the fact i have not seen any major complaints from the owners of Cedia on A.S.S. experience. So the only reason i did not buy was low service network (Which is a fact and no one can challenge that). Bad A.S.S experience is not a fact across and it varies from town/city to city (This is also a fact). Put both of these together and some would be fine with it and take the plunge, and some others wouldn't be (Like me) and would not take the plunge. Both is perfectly fine.

The other way to look at it is, this is your opinion, and other may disagree but (and can have their own), and folks may disagree, which is alright.

My advise (as it comes free ), is facts would need personal (which includes close family and friends) experience (and not distant acquaintance, as it may lead to more noise then real data, i.e. the information is not fully trustworthy), or figures to substantiate. Anything else is pure speculation and hear say.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:31   #69
Senior - BHPian

Guys a update!!! i think i have given up on Cedia.

Few reason which attributed in me deciding against picking a used Cedia...

1, Spares cost and service is something which i was not sure of, picking a a used car means being prepared for some surprises, well with spares being expensive am sure it would be a shocker.

2. the intended usage of the car is mainly for hiway, so i was not sure if this car can take bad roads....

Also dint find any interesting car...

Thanks again to all those contributed with some very valuable inputs, esp gaurav! who was extremely helpful in proactively responding to all my questions

thanks again guys!
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:42   #70
BHPian

This car can take any road...bad or good, superb suspension with decently high ground clearance.
Old 29th December 2011, 15:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

mav, actually the first point, which concerned me more. i think i am open to a good car even now but i think finding one in good condition aint easy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
This car can take any road...bad or good, superb suspension with decently high ground clearance.

Last edited by lohithrao : 29th December 2011 at 15:56.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:24   #72
BHPian

06-07 civics are droping to 5-6 lacs.isnt it civic is better choice than cedia??
Old 29th December 2011, 20:45   #73
BHPian

[quote=lohithrao;2626094]Guys a update!!! i think i have given up on Cedia.

Few reason which attributed in me deciding against picking a used Cedia...

1, Spares cost and service is something which i was not sure of, picking a a used car means being prepared for some surprises, well with spares being expensive am sure it would be a shocker.

The spares for the cedia really aren't expensive. Some parts like the axle maybe but these things hardly ever fail.
My point is, the cedia and the civic probably cost almost the same to maintain.
About service, I can tell you that nothing beats what Mitsubishi(excel motors) offers in Delhi. There may be few service stations but the quality(atleast here) is phenomenal.
I can tell you this because I had a terrible experience with water logging and excel ensured everything was set right and that i was satisfied. I'm certain no other company would've taken the trouble they did.
If you can find one such service station that's convenient for you and has decent reviews, go for it. Hardly anything goes wrong with the cedia

2. the intended usage of the car is mainly for hiway, so i was not sure if this car can take bad roads....

This car can take any road. That's for certain.
The suspension setup is on the stiffer side so highway driving is where this car really excels.
The high ground clearance also means you'll never bottom out.

Also dint find any interesting car...

I'd suggest you ask around at service stations too. They may be able to give you some leads.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 29th December 2011 at 20:46.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 11:35   #74
Senior - BHPian

Sukrit, you are making me to rethink on Cedia i would be glad to give try if there is a decent car. anybody knows about a used cedia in Karnataka, please update me.

btw, can anyone share mechanis or SA's contacts in "SVR" or any other *** , i may find some leads from here.

thanks!

[quote=sukrit7;2626431]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

The spares for the cedia really aren't expensive. Some parts like the axle maybe but these things hardly ever fail.
My point is, the cedia and the civic probably cost almost the same to maintain.
About service, I can tell you that nothing beats what Mitsubishi(excel motors) offers in Delhi. There may be few service stations but the quality(atleast here) is phenomenal.
I can tell you this because I had a terrible experience with water logging and excel ensured everything was set right and that i was satisfied. I'm certain no other company woul.................

Last edited by lohithrao : 30th December 2011 at 11:50.
Old 30th December 2011, 11:59   #75
BHPian

I may sell mine if I get a good price...only 30k kms done since I got it...I need to go for a diesel as my usage is higher.

Most Viewed