Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 17:40   #1
agm
BHPian

Used Mitsubishi Cedia

Hey Folks , i have been looking for a used sedan since last 6 months,and Cedia was on the top of the list but than the previous dealer was downright pathetic and well known for his bad A*S here in raipur.But as now one of my close friend has got the dealership for Mitsubishi, so A*S should not be a problem .

Today my friend was here at my place,so i asked him if their is any Cedia in good condition.instantly he called his manager and he told me their is one silver Cedia spirit 2007 Nov model with 29k mileage for 5L .Car is in mint condition.

Manager who told me about the car was working with the previous dealer,So he know about the car as he was their when the car was sold in 07.Also he has the service history.

Would like to know if i should go ahead and buy the car?Also as this model has been discontinued ,would like to know if the spare would be a problem or the spares of the current elegance model will just fit fine with the spirit model?

thanks in advance

Last edited by agm : 24th April 2010 at 17:46.
Old 24th April 2010, 20:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Parts should not be a problem. But 5L seems a tad high for a 3yr old Cedia Spirit.
Old 24th April 2010, 20:47   #3
agm
BHPian

I did ask him to lower the price a bit ,but than he was asking 5.30L after some negotiation he settled for 5L .And its 2 year 5 month old .

The problem is there are hardly any cedia here and the ones who are interested in selling they ask for little more than the normal .
Old 24th April 2010, 22:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Try bargaining hard. Cedia has terrible resale. And 5L seems a bit expensive. Don't be too eager and push hard. The opponent will know you really are keen on buying. Play 'the hard to get game'. He will eventually lower the price.
Old 24th April 2010, 23:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

5 lac indeed is too high for a 2007 cedia spirit. If it would have been a petrol, the maximum I would have given is 4.5lac for a very good car. Since it is Spirit, I would say anything over 4.25 is High.

Please note, a friend of mine recently got a scratchless Red cedia sports for 4.45lac (inclusive 10k fees of dealer). The car had some 30+k kms on the clock.

Cedia is an excellent car but please note that the resale is pathetic. I dont know the scenario in Jaipur But I wont recommend paying that money for spirit.

Lastly, parts is the last thing you should worry about, the current basic model of cedia is almost same. Yes they may keep you waiting for about 10 days before the part is delivered from Chennai but they will surely get you the part.

Lastly, please check the car thoroughly before buying and bargain hard.
Old 25th April 2010, 00:09   #6
agm
BHPian

Thanks a ton Sachin and Gaurav. Thats exactly what i wanted to know .

I know the resale of cedia aint that good,but when i heard 5L i thought its a steal but than as you guys saying anything more 4.5L would be bad.

Actually the problem here is that in whole C.G i doubt there is more than 10 Cedia at most so getting a used car is a tough job.

And have tried negotiating further,but owner no matter what wont sale it for anything less than 5L .And in that case i guess after your suggestions should bunk it?

Last edited by agm : 25th April 2010 at 00:10.
Old 25th April 2010, 00:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

If the seller won't budge, drop the negotiations and move ahead. Hunt a little and who knows you may get a bargain deal on the Sports version.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:02   #8
agm
BHPian

Well i guess i should drop the idea as the owner is not ready to lower the price further .

I dont think there is any Cedia sports in whole CG.

My budget is around 5.5-6L for the used sedan ,what are the options?
i have Swift diesel and punto petrol,so need a car for me which i can use while in the weekend and for the highways . Should be fun to drive !

No ford , A*S is horrible here in raipur
Old 25th April 2010, 13:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Well i guess i should drop the idea as the owner is not ready to lower the price further .

I dont think there is any Cedia sports in whole CG.

My budget is around 5.5-6L for the used sedan ,what are the options?
i have Swift diesel and punto petrol,so need a car for me which i can use while in the weekend and for the highways . Should be fun to drive !

No ford , A*S is horrible here in raipur

Go for a new Fiesta 1.6 or try finding a sparingly used one.
Or buy an OHC V-tec/Baleno and spend the spare cash on performance mods.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:25   #10
BHPian

How about

1 Elantra
2 NHC
3 Octavia
Old 25th April 2010, 13:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
How about

1 Elantra
2 NHC
3 Octavia
Elantra and NHC aren't fun to drive. Elantra has got good engines and then the good part ends there. And its tough finding a used elantra in good condition.

NHC's performance is laughable. With a mere 77bhp on tap even the Esteem can scare the living daylight out of it. And its handling at best can be described as 'good for commuting' or 'better than the verna'. Its an excellent city car but far from being a highway star. (pardon the poor attempt at rhyming)

Octavia is quite good and used ones are available in the previously mentioned budget. The diesel mill is a mile muncher and the car has good dynamics too.
After sales though are a suspect.

Other good sedans available for around 6 lacs in the used market are Corolla,SX4,Fiestas,Optras (go for as low as 2.5 lacs)/

And sedans like Ikons,Baleno,OHC,Aveos,Esteems are available for as low as 2-3 lacs and that too for well maintained ones.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 25th April 2010 at 13:41.
Old 25th April 2010, 14:56   #12
BANNED

I would suggest a Baleno for the TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
And sedans like Ikons,Baleno,OHC,Aveos,Esteems are available for as low as 2-3 lacs and that too for well maintained ones.
How about Baleno 2005 for 2.5 lacks? Is it worth? (In Mumbai)

Why are the spare parts of Baleno so expensive? Is it because the car's production is discontinued? or because of the high ex-showroom price?
Old 25th April 2010, 15:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
I would suggest a Baleno for the TC.

How about Baleno 2005 for 2.5 lacks? Is it worth? (In Mumbai)

Why are the spare parts of Baleno so expensive? Is it because the car's production is discontinued? or because of the high ex-showroom price?

It seems like an 'okayish' price considering you're talking about Mumbai. How much the car has clocked and what is its condition?

Yes, the spare parts are quite expensive, for example the grille alone costs 7500 bucks. The headlights and taillights are expensive too.

But the spare prices seem very high only when compared to Esteems and the likes otherwise the costs are reasonable when compared with fiestas and NHCs.
Old 25th April 2010, 23:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Fun to drive? Civic!!!

Check out GTO's Civic thread.

A 2002-2003 Honda Accord. Real fun to drive. FE? Don't even ask

Toyota Corolla, excellent VFM, sadly lacks fun to drive factor.

Skoda Octavia Diesel, though an excellent mile cruncher, I wouldn't go for it if I were you. Used Skoda is best avoided. Heck, first hand owners have had problems with their cars, in such a case, a 2nd hand sends shiver down my spine. They have an uncanny knack of failing once warranty ceases. See the number of dissatisfied Skoda owners on the Forum, you will get a fair idea.
Old 26th April 2010, 02:23   #15
agm
BHPian

Civic is pretty good car and FE is not a problem as i do have a swift diesel, but i doubt ill find a decent one in my budget .Same goes for Accord .

Going for Skoda...not even in my wildest dream,because of the high maintainance cost at the same time bad A*S .

After taking all the aspect into the consideration i finalised on Cedia,especially because the dealer is a good friend of mine.but than at that price all here asking me to skip so gonna bunk it.

Fiesta was the next option but than again A*S is horrible to say the least .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks