Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 21:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
just out of curiosity, any reasons why verna (petrol) in not considered ??? suits ur requirement
I dont like the looks of it
and plus the resale will be poor as most Verna's are diesel!
Old 27th April 2010, 16:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

aparth, I pretty much had the same requirements as yours except for #4. I bought the Fiesta 1.6S. I would not rate the SX4 as a great performer. The ANHC is a hoot to drive as well, but for brutal power delivery between 2K-5K RPM and razor sharp handling, the 1.6S beats the other two hands down. The 1.6S is not available in Aquarius color any more, unfortunately. This color makes it stand out a mile on the road. You will have to settle for one of the regular colors if you do decide to get the 1.6S. Good luck.

Some pics from the forum. The one pasted below is mine.

Sathee46's gallery: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ture-1942.html

Last edited by Gilead : 27th April 2010 at 16:14.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
aparth, I pretty much had the same requirements as yours except for #4. I bought the Fiesta 1.6S. I would not rate the SX4 as a great performer. The ANHC is a hoot to drive as well, but for brutal power delivery between 2K-5K RPM and razor sharp handling, the 1.6S beats the other two hands down. The 1.6S is not available in Aquarius color any more, unfortunately. This color makes it stand out a mile on the road. You will have to settle for one of the regular colors if you do decide to get the 1.6S. Good luck.

Couple of pics from the forum.

I fail to understand how SX4 lags behind on performance front. It accelerates as hard as the other two cars and though 1.6 S is indeed in a different league, the CIty does not really have the razor-sharp handling. The SX4 is more sure footed of the two and the City demands wider rubber to exploit handling characteristics.
The City may have the power advantage over both the cars here, I do not seem to understand how that extra 10 horses (approx) help matters for the City. All the three cars have near Identical acceleration figures here.

The only reason that I'll go for City over the SX4 is better plastics and snob value (all of which comes at a huge premium + lack of equipment).

Still, If FTD is the only main factor there is nothing like the 1.6 S in the market.
SX4 is a well rounded car and the City has a certain bit of finesse but the City in no way can get the better of the two cars in both performance and dynamic fronts.

Quote:
any reasons why verna (petrol) in not considered ??? suits ur requirement

With that boat like handling its anything but fun to drive. Unless the terms Dangerous Handling and Fine Handling are the same for you.

Regards.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey there YC, I found the SX4 fairly cumbersome and sluggish to drive after driving the 1.6S and ANHC. The other two are very nimble especially around corners. Also there was outright bodyroll which I was not comfortable with. It does have some other advantages like a bigger interior, better ground clearance and maybe better re-sale, but they were not my priority. Just my opinion. I am not here to flame the SX4. It's a decent car.

aparth: you may want to take a look at the Cedia as well.

Last edited by Gilead : 27th April 2010 at 16:25.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey there YC, I found the SX4 fairly cumbersome and sluggish to drive after driving the 1.6S and ANHC. The other two are very nimble especially around corners. Also there was outright bodyroll which I was not comfortable with. It does have some other advantages like a bigger interior, better ground clearance and maybe better re-sale, but they were not my priority. Just my opinion. I am not here to flame the SX4. It's a decent car.

aparth: you may want to take a look at the Cedia as well.

Of course I never meant that you were biased against the SX4. And yes it rolls a bit but still sticks to the corner well (bit like the IKON).
But yes its not as driver focused as the 1.6 and there is no denying the fact that its the new 'poorman's sportscar'.

@aparth

Even I suggested you the Cedia Sports and am doing it again. Why not have a TD??
Old 27th April 2010, 17:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have requested for the TD of Cedia Sports but the dealer keeps delaying it by making up lame excuses, they dont seem very interested in selling the car.

However, I will be test driving the 1.6S today!
Old 27th April 2010, 17:14   #22
BHPian

If you are looking for real good performance along with handling, then I think the best option would be to pep up your budget a little and go for the Cedia sports. Leave alone the rest where you might have to compromise one of the two.

or wait for the Linea Turbocharged

Last edited by s3va : 27th April 2010 at 17:18.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

aparth, why don't you get in touch with member khoj. He recently got a Cedia and I believe he may know the RSM of Mitsubishi. Too bad about the dealer. No wonder they sell only 20 odd cars a month. The Cedia easily has the best ride quality among the 4. As for things like power delivery and handling, TD and form your own opinion.

YC: Do you get a sense that the boot of the SX4 has a mind of its own when taking a corner? That's the impression I got. I bet the ground clearance is a major boon.

Last edited by Gilead : 27th April 2010 at 17:16.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

YC: Do you get a sense that the boot of the SX4 has a mind of its own when taking a corner? That's the impression I got. I bet the ground clearance is a major boon.
I did not felt so. Maybe I didn't push it as hard as you could. But coming from a Bhpian I'll make it a point to check this issue whenever I get a chance to.
Oh yeah that GC is a boon. I skip a beat or two whenever my baleno's underbelly kisses the tarmac.

Regards.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:30   #25
BHPian

Would agree with Gilead on the SX4's handling part. Although it's a better VFM product than the City it disappointed me on the handling front and I found the engine a bit coarse on both manual and auto. Maybe it could be the TD car but I felt so.

Aparth - the 1.6S seems the best suited for your needs. It's the best handler among the cars being discussed and although it moght be down in terms of power than the City on paper it will land you earlier at your destination than the City.

Which dealer did you get in touch with for the Cedia? Feel free to PM me if you need any further help with Cedia or the dealers.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
I found the engine a bit coarse on both manual and auto. Maybe it could be the TD car but I felt so.

That upgraded engine is much more refined than the last one! The old one felt as if it belonged to early 90s.
Maybe it was with the TD vehicles but don't expect City like refinement even on the upgraded SX4.

Regards.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
If you are looking for real good performance along with handling, then I think the best option would be to pep up your budget a little and go for the Cedia sports. Leave alone the rest where you might have to compromise one of the two.

or wait for the Linea Turbocharged
I'll surely consider the Cedia Sports, plus there is a whopping Rs.40,000 cash discoiunt going on at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
Would agree with Gilead on the SX4's handling part. Although it's a better VFM product than the City it disappointed me on the handling front and I found the engine a bit coarse on both manual and auto. Maybe it could be the TD car but I felt so.

Aparth - the 1.6S seems the best suited for your needs. It's the best handler among the cars being discussed and although it moght be down in terms of power than the City on paper it will land you earlier at your destination than the City.

Which dealer did you get in touch with for the Cedia? Feel free to PM me if you need any further help with Cedia or the dealers.
I got in touch with Asian Motors. I just got a call from them, and they said that the car will be available for TD in a week's time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
That upgraded engine is much more refined than the last one! The old one felt as if it belonged to early 90s.
Maybe it was with the TD vehicles but don't expect City like refinement even on the upgraded SX4.

Regards.
+1
The City felt very refined and smooth when I td'ed it. It's probably the most refined out of the three.

Anyway,
Just came back after a TD of the Fiesta 1.6S. It looks BEAUTIFUL in aquarius blue. The TD car had clocked around 12500kms but didn't have any signs of rattle or anything, felt very solidly built. The steering was much heavier than the ANHC and the SX4 and provided superb feedback.

The acceleration was pretty decent. Took it to 40 in 1st gear and around 90 on 2nd and 130 on 3rd ( could have gone further, but there was too much traffic ahead). The engine felt pretty responsive and refined, mid-range was strong, and high speed stability was also the best of the three ( not that the ANHC and SX4 aren't stable). But the only thing I didn't like were the brakes, they lacked feel, maybe it was a problem with the TD car. The City felt a little faster, but the Fiesta's handling makes up for it I guess.

The leg space wasn't very good. IMO City has the best leg space, but it's not a major issue for me as the car will mostly be driven alone by me.

The dealer was unaware about the launch of the new Fiesta. He said that it wouldn't be coming anytime soon, whereas another dealer told me that it will be launched in Jan 2011.

The on road price quoted by him was 7,75,00 after 24,000 discount on inusrance. Seems to be a very VFM buy.

Will be test driving the ANHC again tomorrow for a better comparison.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice report. When I got the 1.6S, even I felt the brakes lacked a bit of feel, but most ABS-EBD equipped vehicles seem to have similar feel. It will stop without a fuss though. The braking will be very linear so it's easy to get used to it. There is no sudden bite at a certain point like many other cars.

I am not sure if you took it on any rough roads. The ride is fairly harsh on bad roads at slow speeds due to the stiffer suspension set up. But it smoothens out considerably if the bad roads are taken at speed. It's a dream to drive on good roads and on the highway.

As for the new Fiesta, only the hatch is launching next year for sure. It has been spotted testing many times. No sign of the next gen Fiesta sedan anywhere yet. It will be here eventually but I don't think it will be in 2011.

Last edited by Gilead : 27th April 2010 at 18:36.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:11   #29

IMO for your requirements, the SX4 is an absolute no no. It is too tall to be a sporty handler. The other 2, namely city and fiesta are good. However, I would still go for the city. The iVtec engine is something to reckon with. The handling might not be in same league as that of the fiesta but a new set of alloys and wider rubber should should make it very very good, infact it might turn out to be as good as the fiesta, if not better. The premium amount that you pay for the city, will be gained back when you decide to sell your car. So the premium amount that you are paying should not really worry you.
But you know what, the linea t-jet might be a worthy competitor to the city. Wait till the linea t-jet gets launched, test both the beasts and choose one.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

^
When is the T Jet being launched?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks