Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 23:14   #16
BHPian

Its the time to TD!!

hey friends,
you cant imagine what fun it is to keep hearing from y'all..

TD'd the following:

1. Fiat Linea
2. Hyundai Verna (albeit a diesel)
3. Ford Fiesta 1.6S (aquarius blue)

Firstly went to Tata-Fiat dealer in Noida. The sales staff was a bit more alert than when i had gone a few months earlier. I told the sales guy my exact requirement and he promised to send me a TD vehicle to my place the next day. Im still waiting for that day!!! Fiat Linea is a beautiful car but Fiat needs to do lot more. customer experience leaves a lot to be desired.

Moving along, i went to TD the Hyundai Verna. The sales guy wasnt too interested in detailing the car for me. Also they had only the base model of Verna diesel in their showroom. They finally said they could give me the TD of a diesel Verna as they did not have a petrol Demo Car. I knew what to expect from the car because I had TD the Verna Diesel just when it had launched. But still went ahead with it. I had a dear friend along with me as TBHP suggests to take family/friends along. And a 2nd opinion does help.
The Verna diesel is a pleasure to drive at high speeds. Moment the tacho sees 2K, it unleashes a powerful surge which does pin you to the back of your seat. Much has been said about it earlier so I wont say no more. That was a diesel, I need a petrol car as my running isnt much. Also my family did not fancy the dull exteriors/interiors of the car.
Ok the real reason why im writing is that I also TD the Fiesta 1.6S.
There are some days when you get just what you need. I had gone to the Ford dealer in Noida (South City) and the guys there kept pressing me to opt for 1.6 SXi instead of 1.6S simply bcoz the latter doesnt sell much. But all my efforts to make them understand that the 1.6S is made purely for enthusiasts went in vain. Sadly or rather surprisingly, they did not have the demo car ready as it had gone for servicing. so i could not get a TD there.
Then i contacted Harpreet Ford in Delhi. The guy who attended the phone was simply awesome. He promised my a TD of a 1.6S within 2-3 days and to my utter surprise he was at my doorsteps the very next day, and voila!! with the colour i was in love with, Aquarius Blue.
See the attached pictures!!!!! It was love at first sight/drive indeed.
The side skirtings, the rear spoiler, the black bezel above the head lamps all craved for attention. The car is simply awesome to drive. I would like to congratulate all my fellow BHPians who own this speed demon. It was a feeling of pure nirvana, while driving the 1.6S. Great pickup, good linear acceleration. the car does crave for more when you push her more n more. The in-dash music system packs a punch. the braking is also hard and the car stops wherever you need to, and holds its line well.
Harpreet Ford has a distinct reputation in Delhi for being very true and honest and customer centric dealers. The person who came with the TD (Mr. Kapil) was very good & straight forward and he really made me feel im in the right place for once.

Finally after a long bout of decision making and multiple TDs, I have decided to book the Fiesta 1.6S.
Now comes the heart breaker. The Aquarius Blue color is not in production anymore. Tried a lot to contact other dealers but all say, this car is made on order only and no one has it in stock. Finally decided to go in for Paprika Red as it is still distinctive as compared to white and black colors.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Capt%20Jazz/Desktop/05052010131.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
"Desperately Seeking SEDAN"-05052010127.jpg  

"Desperately Seeking SEDAN"-05052010128.jpg  

"Desperately Seeking SEDAN"-05052010129.jpg  

"Desperately Seeking SEDAN"-05052010130.jpg  

"Desperately Seeking SEDAN"-05052010131.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 23:23   #17
BHPian

kiku007 i fully agree with you. after TDing the 1.6S, i have no doubt that it is the best driver's car.
But the ifs and the buts that we carry around as excess baggage worries me.
The latest thoughts haunting me are:
1. what about the re-sale value (as rightly suggested by jayanth_yk)
2. what if new fiesta is launched and the 1.6S will lose its charm
3. etc etc etc
but if i keep thinking about all this, I wont be able to buy a car, coz new cars will keep on coming. I love the Fiesta 1.6S. Im fully satisfied. I have seen all the pros and cons.
I think i would like to see the 1.6S in my garage... for now!!

As they say "Live in the present because Life is a gift just for today!"
Old 14th May 2010, 11:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
All of us can give various suggestions some biased and some unbiased.Good luck
I dont think any suggestion can be "biased" or "unbiased", its an opinion. And everyone is entitled for his or her opinion. Just because 10 ppl feel one way about a car and someone else doesnt, dont mean he is biased. He is just not having the follow the herd mentality.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:39   #19
BHPian

Good choice, Capt_rocker. Fiesta is a true driver's car. And it looks cool in the pic (with the spolier and alloys). I have TD'ed the Fiesta and found it real fun to drive.
Old 12th August 2010, 08:06   #20
BHPian

Dear Captain

Could you please elaborate why you did not took seriously SX4. Other than offcourse driver's car and all rounder contest et al, it may help others in the same quest.

cheers
Old 18th August 2010, 23:22   #21
BHPian

For drivers there are only two great cars -

1. Fiesta 1.6 S
2. ANHC

Look no further and Take ur pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks