Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2005, 17:04   #16
BHPian

guess the problem with the accent and the elantra crdis' is that they have indestructible engines but the chassis and the rest of the car cannot match the superb engine!!and is hyundai losing sales due to pricing?not at all.its because the competition is just too good!!so i dont think this price revision is going to increase sales much.
Old 5th November 2005, 10:57   #17
BHPian

Hey crazy,

from what i have seen and experienced, the Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi is only good in Looks, and Engine/Mileage. but inside comforts and interior finish and looks all are crappy! wheras, the Elantra, looks bad from the outside, but inside i feel its equivalent to a car of the Accord category as it does give a luxury feel, and then, the engine and performance of the Elantra is very good, if not as good as the Octavia , so that can do. The interiors comforts and vehicle performance is my main priorities.
the Elantra rocks in interior comforts and styling, and Engine/Performance/Mileage is very good too, thou not best. + the addition of a K&N Replacement filter does the trick here, without much cost.

Thus my plans of going in for the Elantra, as price is not a factor at all.

Even the Skoda L&K doesnt have interiors looks and comfort as good as the Elantra, and secondly, the L&K is just not worth the price they quoting on it! its taking advantage of ppl as there isnt any other diesel option in that category.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 5th November 2005 at 11:02.
Old 5th November 2005, 11:00   #18
BHPian

Car Freak,

i think what u are saying could be limited to the Accent if at all, but not the elantra tucson and sonata Embera, as these are the new age vehicles of Hyundai wherein overall improvement in quality is clearly visible. the Accent, being around 5+ years old, does lack the latest in chassis and the rest of it.

The price revision of Elantra is actually showing good results, as nowadays in Hyderabad i am seeing a lot of new elantra's on the road, untill last week i didnt know the reason, now i know its the 1lk off!
Old 6th November 2005, 00:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Insane Devil,
I would also like to ad that Skoda's interiors are the most well built and the suspension is perfect to India.
It just lacks space.
Old 6th November 2005, 02:43   #20
BHPian

Hey Lamborghini, well u must be right about the "well built" part, but just that the AMBIENT version looks HORRIBLE!

about the Suspension, hmm... atleast the suspensions in the new cars are great with elantra, dont know how they perform after on in the future.
Old 6th November 2005, 14:33   #21
Team-BHP Support

Even diamond studded interiors cannot give you comfort if you have to sit with your legs up the dashboard, which precisely is what skoda needs you to do if you are large framed.
Old 8th November 2005, 03:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

I kinda agree with tsk1979. I thought its just my 6'2" stature but, its the octy's interiors. looks big from the outside, but is small from the inside.its only drawback.
Old 8th November 2005, 08:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
It just lacks space.
Lambo, at about 12 lakhs for the BASIC Ambiente version with no bells and whistles (its like a Hertz rental) its not a JUST...
Old 8th November 2005, 08:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
and then, the engine and performance of the Elantra is very good, if not as good as the Octavia , so that can do. .
The Elantra CRDi engine is way ahead of the Octavia's Tdi...lets not beat about the bush here just because the Skoda is the 'cool' car here. Give credit where its due and that CRDi is an absolute GEM!
Old 8th November 2005, 09:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Insane Devil,
I would also like to ad that Skoda's interiors are the most well built
Worest interiors in that segment by far. Even cars in the lower segment such as the NHC have livelier interiors than the octavia which cost 5 lakhs more!
Old 8th November 2005, 10:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

And while we are being frank about what the Elantra offers ..
How does the Elantra (petrol) fare (as a package) against the Optra 1.6 Elite and the City ZX Vtec ?
All 3 would cost near about the same OTR. (8 tp 8.6L) Elantra will possibly be the cheapest.
Old 8th November 2005, 17:26   #27
BHPian

insane devil,
i have an accent crdi and thats what i felt about it.guess you are right-the elantra may have a good chassis..but in the autocarindia report,they had written the handling was not upto the octy thats why!
Old 8th November 2005, 22:39   #28
bhp
BHPian

i had been to the hyundai showroom recently as i read this thread about the price cut and discounts going on the elentra crdi which i suggested my friend to buy as he was booking an viva crdi and he was willing to pay more and get a elentra if at that said price in the forum . shreenath hyundai which is located in andheri mumbai that there is no price cut on the car and they are not ready to give more than 35k discount . after discount the cost of elentra crdi on road mumbai would be somewhere around 11,25,000/- ................... but i still think the car is value for money compared to a skoda bcoz it has abs airbags temp other goodies . only thing better in a skoda is its fe ....
Old 8th November 2005, 23:16   #29
BHPian

There was an article in ACI last month in the Buying Used car section about the Elantra and they had mentioned a price of 7 L for a 2004 Elantra CRDi and 6 L for 2004 Petrol.

I strongly feel that at 7 L , for an approximately 10 - 15 K done CRDi, is a great deal.
I was /am tempted fo sure ...
Old 8th November 2005, 23:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
The Elantra CRDi engine is way ahead of the Octavia's Tdi...lets not beat about the bush here just because the Skoda is the 'cool' car here. Give credit where its due and that CRDi is an absolute GEM!
Absolutely agree on that ...

Skoda seems to get away with its shortcomings whereas we critisise other not so successful models a bit too much ...

Also agree that 12 L is just not justified for the striped down Ambiente , not to mention the very disspointing interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks