Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 00:23   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If you are considering Cedia, you may want to wait for some time as new lancer getting launched very soon. Not sure about the exact launch date but according to ACI, 7 seater OL, Evo and new Lancers are lined up for the launch.
Even if the New Lancer is launched, it will be above the Cedia as far as I have heard so will definitely be out of my budget.So ruled out for me straight away. And the Evo is surely coming here? Not that I can afford it or anything but man, would I love to see one on the road here! I hope they lauch the full blooded Evo and not a 'for Indian conditions' poser.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Per my conversation with the HM manager yesterday at the moment the company focus is on their SUV range. After the outlander they are now working to bring in the Pajero sport.

The Evo has already been tested and homologated. The sales/marketing team is working to arrive at a price somewhere in the mid to high 20s at the moment stuck on the wrong side of 30s. So in all probability they will strip the car of some features they deem unsuitable for our driving conditions. This will be followed by another homologation round for the stripped version so do not expect the car to come anytime soon. However with HM Mitsu you never know. BTW he totally brushed away any talk of the new Lancer coming in!!

Last edited by khoj : 30th May 2010 at 00:58.
Old 30th May 2010, 02:54   #48
BHPian

Khoj, I noticed something very similar with the Chennai dealer. They were much more interested in talking about the launch date of the Evo, than the Lancer.
Old 31st May 2010, 01:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

The Cedia is a very good buy... will fit your requirements to a T. If you're looking for a driver-oriented car, the Cedia wins over the SX4 and the ANHC IMHO. I've driven all three, and the Cedia is by far the nicest to drive. I think, at the end of the day how much you enjoy driving your car matters more than claimed BHP figures and 0-100 timings, right? The Fiesta is another great car to drive, but it loses out on the sheer creature comforts the Cedia provides, as well as on space.

And I'd take the fully loaded Cedia Sports variant too, because those black + carbon fibre interiors beat the beige + faux wood any day in my books! And of course, there's that lovely Momo wheel

Just one point - you should plan to hold onto the Cedia for at least 4 years, else you will take a real beating with the resale price. 1 year old Cedia Sports are valued at under 7L today... that's a huge depreciation in a year, given its ~11L price tag.

All the best!
Old 31st May 2010, 12:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
exactly my opinion: ANHC is a good car but 75,000 overpriced at the least. My worry with the Cedia is that it seems to be too good a car to have sold soo few units in all these years! Is there some problem that I can not see or do not know of or is it purely pathetic marketing by HM?
6 months back I got myself a Cedia after shortlisting ANHC, SX4 & Optra as well, not sure if you have already seen my thread in the same section, but one of my concerns was exactly this. What i found out is, more often than not, people who own a Cedia are head over heels in love with their cars and have no complaints, these are people who went against the herd mentality and were rewarded with an amazing car. There is nothing wrong about herd mentality if you agree that most of us believe playing safe or avoid sitting in the first row... that apart, i did see a perception of bad service among people who never owned a Mitsubishi car, which was quite expected. Axe is still one of the best selling deo, the product might be just as good as any one else's but advertising is key and this is something HM are not very good at it appears. This works well for those who chose a Mitsu car as their poor sales figures mean you have a good chance of a higher discount, a VFM product and not so crowded service centres infact all the staff in the Pune showroom/service centre know me by first name and listen to me when i talk. They may be bad in advertising but quite good in customer care, I picked up my car last week after an accident job where my share came about 7 - 8k, they have still not taken any money from me. The delivery was given without taking a single ruppee, they said i can do that later which gives me a window if anything was not done right, but the job was excellent.

Now, regarding your requirement, it felt as though you have concluded your requirements after a TD of the Cedia and manage to cover everything you liked about the Cedia, so, i do not think any other car will keep you happy. Eitherways, if you have seen the thread talking about the best Sedan under 12 lakhs, you will find that if instead of equal weightage for all aspects if you give the weightage as per your requirement description, then, Cedia still emerges as the answer

Regarding the OTR price you are paying, I think you should bargain on aspects like Insurance, I saved an additional 10k, when i got a competitive quote elsewhere, the dealer matched it. Also, there is a "Zero depreciation" Insurance product which costs you a little higher but you do not pay any depreciation during claims, not even on glass or lamps, this could be a boon considering driving habits of most motorists on the road !! atleast this allows you to drive without worrying too much about unexpected accidental costs !!

Quote:
Cedia has a rated FE of 13 kpl and the sales guy claimed a city FE of 10 and highway FE of 13 with the a/c on. Can any of the Cedizins confirm this?
I am getting a city FE of 10 - 11 and highway FE of 13+ always with AC on.

Quote:
aaah the colour! I simply CANNOT decide between the Black, Red and White. And I have tried pretty hard at this but all of them look equally good to me! I will end up deciding the colour on the basis of a coin toss on the day of booking if I continue like this
If you liked any of the Cedia spirit/basic colors, you can still order for a Cedia sports in that color is what i understand. I have seen a recent ownership thread with a cool silver Cedia sports, so, you can consider colors not in the Cedia sports catalogue too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Mods, Kindly excuse for back to back post.

Niranjan,

Cedia is not the car i would suggest for you, they hardly have any service presence across India. The rare presence of the cedia in a traffic signal says it all. Many people cant go wrong when they buy ANHC & and people cant go wrong when they dont buy the cedia. The numbers on the road says it all. I would strongly suggest you to hold your decision to buy the cedia.

Whether you want to sell it or not sell it, my suggestion would be to have a nice proven car with you.

I have seen guys looking at the Cedia with a surprise on the face trying to guess which car is this. The presence is such.

You are making any investment, please be wise is my suggestion as a team mate.

Good wishes and please avoid the Cedia. Dont intend to offend anybody owning one, but need to pen a good suggestion.
I do not see most of my favourite cars in the traffic signals, does it make me or my favourite car a loser ? If the majority of our affluent population does not have access to a valuable site like team bhp can we blame them for buying what they see on the roads without being able to validate their requirement against the available options ? Everyone tries to take the best decision based on the resources/information they can access, so blindly following another blind man without understanding our requirement or a product may not be wise, it defeats the purpose of such forums.

Last edited by kartho : 31st May 2010 at 12:37.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
I do not see most of my favourite cars in the traffic signals, does it make me or my favourite car a loser ? If the majority of our affluent population does not have access to a valuable site like team bhp can we blame them for buying what they see on the roads without being able to validate their requirement against the available options ? Everyone tries to take the best decision based on the resources/information they can access, so blindly following another blind man without understanding our requirement or a product may not be wise, it defeats the purpose of such forums.
Well, IMHO people do have this uncanny ability to find what works for them. Not every ANHC owner may be extremely knowledgeable about cars and may not have had the opportunity to go through team-bhp but I believe they are not fools and they would have done their own homework before parting with their hard earned money.
At the same time, great products by themselves need not do well in the market since the priorities for the buying majority could be different.

Last edited by Guna : 31st May 2010 at 13:09.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:19   #52
BHPian

@Guna

I think i ruptured the wrong nerve I would never say that all buyers are fools. I repeat, every body has a unique requirement, so, at the time of purchase, you should evaluate the product that meets your requirement rather than blindly counting which car you see the most on the roads. Most of us join a queue without even finding out which queue is for what, i hope you would agree, we see this everywhere

I agree with you that the majority of the buyers might have different priorities which result in a ANHC purchase, for example resale & FE was not even my last priority when i bought my car, whereas resale and FE is a strong selling point for most people !
Old 31st May 2010, 14:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Just one point - you should plan to hold onto the Cedia for at least 4 years, else you will take a real beating with the resale price. 1 year old Cedia Sports are valued at under 7L today... that's a huge depreciation in a year, given its ~11L price tag.

All the best!
Thanks. I am planning to have the Cedia for at least 7-8 years, so as I stated before, resale value is not that high on my priority list!

Quote:
If you liked any of the Cedia spirit/basic colors, you can still order for a Cedia sports in that color is what i understand. I have seen a recent ownership thread with a cool silver Cedia sports, so, you can consider colors not in the Cedia sports catalogue too!!
That's very useful information Kartho, thanks! I had almost decided on the red Cedia but if I can get some of the colours that the Basic has then a rethink is surely worth it.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

No offence to anyone but just my reactions to the musings of a friend.

Quote:
I think i ruptured the wrong nerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho
Most of us join a queue without even finding out which queue is for what, i hope you would agree, we see this everywhere
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho
I agree with you that the majority of the buyers might have different priorities which result in a ANHC purchase, for example resale & FE was not even my last priority when i bought my car, whereas resale and FE is a strong selling point for most people !
Very well said!!
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:07   #55
BHPian

@ Everyone who has helped me out here:

I was supposed to go the US for a month starting 3 weeks from now and planned on booking the Cedia just before I leave so that I can take delivery right after I come back. But unfortunately my US sojourn has been extended to a full 6 months. Which means that I will be booking my Cedia only after I come back. The wait is going to kill me but I can't really do anything about it.
But I am completely sold on the Cedia and it WILL be the Cedia as soon as I get back. Thanks everyone for the inputs and support!

OT: My dad is gearing up to sell his Alto and buy a better Hatch soon and I'll need your help on that on as well; will post on the appropriate thread soon.
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of us join a queue without even finding out which queue is for what, i hope you would agree, we see this everywhere
Yes, sometimes mostly in mundane things like going to a hotel or buying in certain shops. But I tend to think that buying something like a car, especially ANHC, which is mostly bought by well educated people, is different.
Certainly the ratio of 'well informed/mature decision' to 'jumping blindly in to the bandwagon' is not 3:400 (i.e. 300+ Cedias:4000+ ANHCs) (may not be the exact figure but close).

Last edited by Guna : 2nd June 2010 at 22:00.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

^^ Well, it is not exactly Cedia Versus ANHC, but It actually is ANHC Versus Cedia/ Fiesta/ Corolla/ SX4/ Linea. So, the numbers of all these choices staked against ANHC.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:26   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Yes, sometimes mostly in mundane things like going to a hotel or buying in certain shops. But I tend to think that buying something like a car, especially ANHC, which is mostly bought by well educated people, is different.
Certainly the ratio of 'well informed/mature decision' to 'jumping blindly in to the bandwagon' is not 3:400 (i.e. 300+ Cedias:4000+ ANHCs) (may not be the exact figure but close).
Neither can i validate the figures, but safe to say that the quoted part of my earlier post already covered this point about people choosing & not choosing ANHC.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^ Well, it is not exactly Cedia Versus ANHC, but It actually is ANHC Versus Cedia/ Fiesta/ Corolla/ SX4/ Linea. So, the numbers of all these choices staked against ANHC.
As RajaTaurus rightly mentioned there are quite a few people who drop ANHC from their list and not just the ones buying a Cedia. Before this post turns into another serious war of words, let me add a funny perspective too, not sure if you would know this tamil dialogue of Superstar: "Singam yeppavum Single aa dhaan varum..." (Lions dont come in herds...), so, i have nothing against low sales numbers of Cedia The three dots are for the part of the dialogue which might have painful references to others
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:22   #59
VMG
BHPian

Kartho
I really like your quote about super star’s dialogue. Cedia is Lion ….
No doubt about it.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
. Before this post turns into another serious war of words, let me add a funny perspective too, not sure if you would know this tamil dialogue of Superstar: "Singam yeppavum Single aa dhaan varum..." (Lions dont come in herds...), so, i have nothing against low sales numbers of Cedia The three dots are for the part of the dialogue which might have painful references to others
ROFL!
Lovely analogy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks