Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 10:29   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
Congratulations ! Paprika red Fiesta is indeed a great chocie ! So, when you return home from this assignment, you will have a new addition waiting for you sounds neat !

Wish you all the best and drive safe.. will look forward for the pics and your experience !
Thanks kartho! Will post once I take delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Good idea. You can post a query in the Fiesta tire thread in the tire section. Usual suspects are Michelin PLC, XM1+ and Yokohama A Drive.
Yes will do that. Just saw your Fiesta thread as well, I so envy your Blue! 10K done? A report on that coming up anytime soon?
Old 9th June 2010, 16:59   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Yes will do that. Just saw your Fiesta thread as well, I so envy your Blue! 10K done? A report on that coming up anytime soon?
It crossed 5K kms this weekend and I have done the 10K service (2nd service at 6 months). I'll post a report soon. In a nutshell, the car has been perfect so car. Not a single rattle or a niggle. When is your car being delivered?
Old 9th June 2010, 21:27   #78
BHPian

Quote:
It crossed 5K kms this weekend and I have done the 10K service (2nd service at 6 months). I'll post a report soon. In a nutshell, the car has been perfect so car. Not a single rattle or a niggle. When is your car being delivered?
1st week of July is when it's promised. I am back in India on the 1st of July and will be absolutely restless after that; they better keep their word!
Old 10th June 2010, 17:04   #79
Senior - BHPian

The waiting period of a Fiesta used to be 3 weeks if it's not in stock, but I heard it's 6 weeks now due to the Figo rush. Fiesta production has apparently been cut in half from 2000 to ~1000 a month. It is expected to return to 2000 after the second shift starts at the plant.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:57   #80
BHPian

Quote:
The waiting period of a Fiesta used to be 3 weeks if it's not in stock, but I heard it's 6 weeks now due to the Figo rush. Fiesta production has apparently been cut in half from 2000 to ~1000 a month. It is expected to return to 2000 after the second shift starts at the plant.
The car was ready in a week! I got a call sometime in the 2nd week of June when I was in the US asking me to come collect it and boy did I want to take the next flight back!

Anyways, I am back now and will be taking delivery of the car (registration et all done today) at around 5 pm and will post pics in the relevant threads.

Thanks everyone here for all the help and special shoutout to Gilead and all the Fiesta folks!
Old 30th June 2010, 17:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Let's have some pics right away. Did you get the spoiler as well?
Old 1st July 2010, 00:47   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Let's have some pics right away. Did you get the spoiler as well?
Trying to find the damn cord that connects my Cam to my laptop; will post pics as soon as I can get that! The dealer had the normal spoiler ready, refused that and placed an order for a 'S' spoiler. It should come in 15 days (cost me 12k)

Also, is the run in period really necessary? It's a big test of will power to keep her below 3k rpm, I touched 5k on the 2nd gear once already but have stuck to the limit otherwise but I really don't know how long I can do that!
Old 1st July 2010, 14:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Also, is the run in period really necessary? It's a big test of will power to keep her below 3k rpm, I touched 5k on the 2nd gear once already but have stuck to the limit otherwise but I really don't know how long I can do that!
Yeah, run in is needed not only for the engine, but also for the tires, brakes and gears. Drive at varying speeds and RPMs for about 1500 kms. Try to keep RPM under 2.5K for the first 1.5K kms, then below 3.5K RPM for the next 1K kms. Whatever you do, don't lug the engine in a high gear at low speeds. You can do anything you want after the run in period. This is what I did and my engine has opened up beautifully.
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:31   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, run in is needed not only for the engine, but also for the tires, brakes and gears. Drive at varying speeds and RPMs for about 1500 kms. Try to keep RPM under 2.5K for the first 1.5K kms, then below 3.5K RPM for the next 1K kms. Whatever you do, don't lug the engine in a high gear at low speeds. You can do anything you want after the run in period. This is what I did and my engine has opened up beautifully.
Of all the things I do, I never lug the engine at low speeds in a high gear, it
is the converse that is more of a risk with me (low gear-high speed)

Btw, have posted inital report plus a few pics at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ed-fiesta.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks