Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2005, 20:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

hey dev

satish lives in hyd,his father lives in rajamundry, an upcoming/booming town.

it's my father's native place too.
Old 4th November 2005, 02:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

hmmm nice and interesting to know. I have never been to AP before but would love to visit once.
Old 26th April 2006, 18:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Revoking this thread as we have sold our Siena and Want to buy a new car in the next 10 to 20 days.

My Dad wants to go for Indica because he believes that has the best resale value. I am suggesting him Indigo SX or Swift. His regular driving is less than 10 KMS. In town it is self driven but on long drives he takes the rear seat. On an average either of my parents go out of town atleast 6-7 times. He is opting for Dsl because, they have better resale value in our area.

All other cars are almost ruled out because the nearest dealership is 200 KMS away and the service centers are not good. These are not company authorized service centers but they are dealer authorized centers. They don't even stock enough spare parts.
Old 26th April 2006, 18:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Revoking this thread as we have sold our Siena and Want to buy a new car in the next 10 to 20 days.

My Dad wants to go for Indica because he believes that has the best resale value. I am suggesting him Indigo SX or Swift. His regular driving is less than 10 KMS. In town it is self driven but on long drives he takes the rear seat. On an average either of my parents go out of town atleast 6-7 times. He is opting for Dsl because, they have better resale value in our area.

All other cars are almost ruled out because the nearest dealership is 200 KMS away and the service centers are not good. These are not company authorized service centers but they are dealer authorized centers. They don't even stock enough spare parts.
Is Indigo SX a petrol??? i thought soo coz you have mentioned that your dad's daily travel is around 10kms soo a diesel car won't make sense.

Look, no doubt the Indica(diesel) and the Indigo(diesel) are good VFM. But the petrol engines in both these cars don't even hold a candle to the competition. Seriously, i for once find the Petrol Indica/go engines crude and seriously not worth it. I would suggest you look at the Swift since you are also considering it. Why don't you have a look at the Getz too? damn good car!

Cheers
Old 26th April 2006, 19:08   #35
BHPian

Satish,

Based on the rather low usage, I'd say a petrol car fits much better.

Of your choices, the Swift is the hands-down winner. Also, Marutis hold their value pretty well, so there shouldn't be issues with resale prices (I know you must be hurting after selling the Siena).

You may want to get your dad to test drive both the Indigo and the Swift and let him decide for himself though.
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Finally shortlisted the following cars:
Hyundai Accent CRDI After discount: 7.85 (free Sony MP3 player, mats teflon coating)
Hyundal Viva CRDI After discount: 7.5 (Same free goodies as above)
Indigo SX After discount: 6.72 (10K discount or 15K worth free accessories)
Ford Fiesta Dsl: 8.23 No discounts

As of now Accent Viva looks the best probable. But worried about Hyundai phasing out Accent though dealers are not agreeing.

Actually I want to go for Fiesta. But my father is not agreeing. After all he is the person who is going to use the car.
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:58   #37
Team-BHP Support

Dont listen to dealers. They dont want to lose a sale. Verna is coming for same price as the accent now(6-7 lakh) in September. So if you can wait, get the verna then, otherwise get the Viva.
But if your dad rides the back seat a lot I would suggest wait for the verna, Current accent back seat is not a nice place.
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:15   #38
BANNED

I agree, don't trust the dealer. They will say Accent is not being phased out just so you buy it. Then when it gets phased out and the Verna comes, they will simply change their tune and you will be stuck with an outdated car.
Old 4th May 2006, 12:35   #39
BHPian

OHC Vtec might b the best answer. my bro has a 2000 jan model and returns him 14 kmpl in the city. i think u can get a good one for approx 3.5-3.75
Old 4th May 2006, 13:26   #40
BHPian

go for the Fiesta diesel......its superb!!!......my father bought one 3 months ago.....He is just like your father (doctor, aged around 60, more towards km/l than km/hr and bhp).......done 2nd service on 2nd may.......fuel efficiency of 14 with A/C in the city and 19 with A/C in the highway.....superb ride (suspension), A/C is mind blowing!......go for the ABS version if you are safety conscious......we have the non-abs version since the waiting period for the abs version was 3 months!.....i suggest you go for the white colour......it looks really good.......like a mini merc from the back.......read my report in the thread "TEST DRIVEN FIESTA" by one of the moderators......go fida, i'm just in love with it.
Old 4th May 2006, 13:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Finally booked a silver Accent Viva CRDI. Couldn't wait any further because Dad is using my car and I am left with no vehicle for regular commute.

Dad wants the cheapest way out and Mom doesn't like the looks of Indigo. So have to settle for Viva.

Car will be delivered in a weeks time. On road is is 7.5. Insurace is paid by the dealer and he is also going to throw in a Sony MP3 player. Also getting the mats, flats and teflon coating as free. This was the better offer i got. The other dealer quited either free insurance or free accessories but not both.

I asked them to replace teflon coating with somethingelse, but they did not agree. Can i have the teflon coating or just avoid it?

May be i'll be adding remote locking and art leather seat covers. Not planning any additional Ice setup because the car is for my Dad and he is not particular about the quality of audio.

Will put the pics as soon as i get the car.
Old 4th May 2006, 18:01   #42
BHPian

Be prepared for a mind blowing diesel. Awesome car !!!!!!

Be prepared to get better performance than your palio d
Old 4th May 2006, 22:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Finally booked a silver Accent Viva CRDI. Couldn't wait any further because Dad is using my car and I am left with no vehicle for regular commute.

Dad wants the cheapest way out and Mom doesn't like the looks of Indigo. So have to settle for Viva.

Car will be delivered in a weeks time. On road is is 7.5. Insurace is paid by the dealer and he is also going to throw in a Sony MP3 player. Also getting the mats, flats and teflon coating as free. This was the better offer i got. The other dealer quited either free insurance or free accessories but not both.

I asked them to replace teflon coating with somethingelse, but they did not agree. Can i have the teflon coating or just avoid it?

May be i'll be adding remote locking and art leather seat covers. Not planning any additional Ice setup because the car is for my Dad and he is not particular about the quality of audio.

Will put the pics as soon as i get the car.
Oh thats a damn good choice buddy. Congrats!
Old 14th May 2006, 22:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Got the car delivered today.

Mods: Please change the thread title

Last edited by satish_appasani : 14th May 2006 at 23:06.
Old 14th May 2006, 22:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

So its finally here. Congratulations!
Take care of her during the first 1500kms.

Drifter

Most Viewed