Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2006, 23:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Old 14th May 2006, 23:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Drifter. Never expected that one day I'll be paying for a Hyundai car. But here I am.

Let me post few shopping experiances
The experiance was ok. No different from any other dealer including Fiat. But this dealer gave me the best offer among all the the Hyundai dealers in Hyd. The delivery was promised in 7 days but it took 10 days. The free stereo and other accessories could not be fitted as it was Sunday and the accessories counter was shut. They have put the dealer's stickers in the rear and I strictly ordered them to remove them. Would I suggest the Hyundai dealer in Hyderabad, Lakshmi Hyundai to other? Yes.

Now my initial few observations. You may observe a few comparisions to Palio 1.9D as I own that car too.
CRDI Motor. What a gem it is. Absolutely thrilled. Can't wait to finish the first 1500 KMS. Mclaren, may be i'll be beating your record to the fastest drivein period, keep watching.
The driver's view. Can see almost the front edge of the car from the driver's seat. Very good.
Gear shift. Good though not as smooth as in Fiat, has little rubber feeling. But much better than Icon Flair gear shift. I drove the Icon today.
RVM. Much better than Fiat's Has more coverage.
Looks. Age old design not impressing any more.
Beige interiors. Good, but shows age, Quality of lights switch stack disappointing.
Steering wheel and Gear knob. Leather wrapped steering wheels gives nice feel when you hold it. The gear knob is also good.
Rear leg space. Very poor. Disappointing
AC. When I took the delivery it was 2 PM and the outside temperature could be more than 42 degrees. AC could not cool the cabin well. The dealership parked the car in the sun since morning.
Ride quality & Handling. Am not good at judging the car dynamics. But felt Palio betters here. The Fiat gives more spirited drive feel.
Fiats provide more bigger car feel than compared to Accent.

Which car would I want to keep in my garage among Palio D and Viva CRDI. Both of them as both win in their own departments. Both have fun to drive characteristics. But has to give Viva to my Dad. One day I want to get that back and gift it a Pete's tuning box.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 14th May 2006 at 23:43.
Old 15th May 2006, 00:25   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Rear leg space. Very poor. Disappointing
actually, there is enough leg room at back, but the seats are the main culprit..
there is absolutly no thigh support, u always feel that u r slipping forward.

Quote:
AC. When I took the delivery it was 2 PM and the outside temperature could be more than 42 degrees. AC could not cool the cabin well.
Accents have one of best ACs in India, do check, there cud be something faulty.

Quote:
Ride quality & Handling. Am not good at judging the car dynamics.
accent wont give any ultra sharp handling as that of ikons, but it gives soft and cushy ride which most buyers seek in a sedan.

off topic: what is the boot space of viva?is it more than normal accent?
Old 15th May 2006, 10:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

satish anna,congrats!!!!

tomo is my last exam,so i expect an party pretty sooon!!!

ps:nice colour!
Old 15th May 2006, 10:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

COngrats Satish.

Pls check with your dealer whether to put in regular or premium diesel because crdi motors are very sensitive to fuel quality. Also, strangely enough, the crdi engine of the innova smokes a lot on premium diesel and runs better on regular diesel.

so pl check if this is the case with the accent as well.

I hav edriven the crdi (albiet the sedan) accent quite extensively in north india and can vouch fo the brilliance of this engine. Just see the fun u have when overtaking on the higway, while still getting 20+ kpl.

On the AC, the accent has a brilliant AC. observe the ac performance over hte next couple of days and if you feel the cooling is not up to the mark, please have it checked.

Have fun!!
Old 15th May 2006, 10:45   #51
cnu
BHPian

Congrats Satish. Enjoy the new ride.

Cheers
Old 15th May 2006, 16:05   #52
BHPian

Satish, you are bound to be disappointed with the rear seat of the Accent since its considered as one of the worst rear seats in the lower-midsize segment. And coming to the A/c, well its average....wherein it just manages to keep things ok in the cabin during peak summers, but then i can understand that you are not impressed since you are used to the simply brilliant a/c of the palio which according to me comes just behind the Baleno and the Ikon unit in terms of cooling efficiency. Anyways, you can check the a/c of other accent's to compare it with yours if you feel your car has a problem.

The strength in your car is the CRDI mill which is a gem. Once again congrats on the car buddy. Take care and drive safe
Old 15th May 2006, 18:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your dad's new ride, Satish. Good observations there, but your comment on the a/c was surprising because the Accent has one of the best a/cs in that segment. It could well have been because it was parked outside in 42 degrees heat for half the day, but do update us on your observations under normal conditions.

Put in a Pete's box and start grinning!
Old 15th May 2006, 21:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gear shift. Good though not as smooth as in Fiat, has little rubber feeling. But much better than Icon Flair gear shift. I drove the Icon today.
Bro, this i wil never agree! Never!
Old 15th May 2006, 23:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

.. get the AC checked... Accent's AC is nothing short of Brilliant!!... Numerous test treports also certify this...
Old 16th May 2006, 00:58   #56
BANNED

i think in times drive some time ago act. a long time ago accent ac was number one. and if u think gear shift is not slick, i dont agree i think after the lancer accents have the best slick shifts for sure. i have driven almost all of the C and D segments to compare actually. friend of mine bought a black crdi as well. its nice, btw are the interiors grey or beige ?
Old 16th May 2006, 01:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
i think after the lancer accents have the best slick shifts for sure. btw are the interiors grey or beige ?
I agree, the gear box is so slick that all gears fall into their specific slots by just touch of a finger...its amazing...

but, reverser gear is lil bit hard...or maybe its with my car...

and about interiors: All accents(petrol/diesel) have full beige interiors.
earlier they used to be grey.
Old 16th May 2006, 10:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

aadix:
Sure, party anytime...

Steeroid:
The cooling at ordinary temperatures is very good. Cools very quickly. Most of the time, I set the blower speed to 1. I too feel that the problem could be with the car parked in scorching heat for hald a day.

Nitrous:
I felt the Icon's gear shift a little tighter to shift. Could be problem with the car I drove. The Icon I drove belongs to my cousin and is just 4 months young.

Jesal: Interiors are beige. Accent's gear shift is slick but not as slick as Palio's. Also I feel Accen't shift has longer throw.
Old 16th May 2006, 10:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting the CRDI plant! Am sure u gonna have loads of fun driving it.
Say, any chance of u running it in by coming to the national meet at Goa?
I like the notchback boot of viva... gives it a one of a kind look!

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 16th May 2006, 11:20   #60
BHPian

Congrats Satish on the new baby. Hope she gives a great service to you & your dad. The CRDi is an awesome engine, don't really feel it's a diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks