Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 12:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
If pure driving pleasure is what your cousin is looking at, it should be the Cedia Sports. Also, it is value for money for the features it provides.

The only point to consider is the low resale value factor that can be negated if he holds the car for 4 to 5 years.
Well its not quite true this. If an ANHC with 40,000 KM sells for lets say 4-5 lacs after a 4 year ownership, I highly doubt the Cedia sports will sell for more than 3! perhaps even less once you consider that the new lancer is just around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Never thought they still sell a car of this class without airbags and ABS (does it have?). I agree, ANHC makes more sense then.
If he can wait, he should check out the Polo sedan.
Yeah, its really strange but then, thats Toyota for you. It does have ABS, I remember considering it for about 5 minutes when I was replacing my NHC, and I realized that it probably costs more to manufacture cars without ABS since all the other variants have them, than it would to just offer it on the base version!
Yeah if he can wait, he really ought to consider the Polo sedan, but again, I really doubt if its rear seat comfort will be as good as the ANHC ( it'd help us make suggestions if you can provide details about usage/requirements etc).
Old 5th June 2010, 18:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

So once and for all i am mentioning the requirements upon which we are looking out for a car.
1. The car must be under 12L on road Delhi(very imp point)
2. The car will be self driven with minimal usage of the backseat
3. Will be used as a daily runner (approx 50-70Kms per day)
4. As long as the car falls within the budget, features and equipment list is not a
problem.
5. Should have a good driving position with enough head and leg room for a person
having height of 5'10".
6. AC must be a chiller (hot summers)

These are the points to be considered along with the basic things like easy availability of spares, good A.S.S., et al.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
So once and for all i am mentioning the requirements upon which we are looking out for a car.
1. The car must be under 12L on road Delhi(very imp point)
2. The car will be self driven with minimal usage of the backseat
3. Will be used as a daily runner (approx 50-70Kms per day)
4. As long as the car falls within the budget, features and equipment list is not a
problem.
5. Should have a good driving position with enough head and leg room for a person
having height of 5'10".
6. AC must be a chiller (hot summers)

These are the points to be considered along with the basic things like easy availability of spares, good A.S.S., et al.
Why dont you look at Chevrolet Cruze LT which is the base version.

I think in Delhi you will get it below or equal to 12 lakhs.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey mobike008 thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate that. You pointed out a very good option and FYI my cousin has test driven the Cruise a week back. He was very impressed with the car. Now the reason for the delay in the decision is the launch of VW Vento. Hope that it will be a promising car and worth the wait. Else Honda City will be the final choice.

Last edited by samsag12 : 16th June 2010 at 17:37.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:31   #20
BHPian

Ill advise Altis J model. it will fir your cousins budget on road Delhi and has enough bells and whistles to boot. Also be assured of good service, resale along with performance and comfort features.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Altis was also considered but the base version does not even have basic safety features which a car of this class should have. Also it didn't appealed very much to my bro so he ruled out this car. Current options being considered are :
1. Honda City V M/T
2. VW Vento (eagerly waiting for it)
3. Chevy Cruise LT
Old 18th June 2010, 04:41   #22
BHPian

Well, if there is no lower cap for the budget :-), the daily use is not in bumper to bumper traffic, rear leg room doesn't really matter (less than others listed above is what I think), why not a Linea MJD E Pack? Now that we are hearing that FIAT / TATA A.S.S. has improved much?

I mean, if someone is spending a hefty 12 lacks on a car, why compromise on a base model?
Old 18th June 2010, 05:17   #23
BHPian

Consider automatic transmission cars including Hyundai Verna AT, Maruti SX4 AT apart from Honda City AT since he is going to be driving.
Old 18th June 2010, 07:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Well, if there is no lower cap for the budget :-), the daily use is not in bumper to bumper traffic, rear leg room doesn't really matter (less than others listed above is what I think), why not a Linea MJD E Pack? Now that we are hearing that FIAT / TATA A.S.S. has improved much?

I mean, if someone is spending a hefty 12 lacks on a car, why compromise on a base model?
Thanks for a considerable suggestion devansn, though i don't know how is the service of TASS in Delhi. Will surely convey this to my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Consider automatic transmission cars including Hyundai Verna AT, Maruti SX4 AT apart from Honda City AT since he is going to be driving.
Yeah true and to top it up Its Delhi after all and shifting gears all the time is what he's fed up of so might be a A/T one. BTW I don't think he will consider the Verna and SX4.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thanks for a considerable suggestion devansn, though i don't know how is the service of TASS in Delhi. Will surely convey this to my brother.

Yeah true and to top it up Its Delhi after all and shifting gears all the time is what he's fed up of so might be a A/T one. BTW I don't think he will consider the Verna and SX4.
There are only 3 AT cars under 12 lakh OTR and you dont want to consider 2... In addition below 12 lakh OTR Delhi there are only 7 cars (c segment) that everyone knows...

1) Altis J - bare bones with no features
2) City
3) Linea
4) SX4
5) Verna
6) Fiesta
7) Cedia *not sure if Mitsu is interested in selling this themselves
8) Aveo *if GM still wants us to consider this
9) Oprta *not worth my comments

Of these 5,6 and 7 are near the End of Life period. SX4 is for the value concious buyer who wants a bigger Swift which is better looking than Dezire. Linea is low on fit and finish and engine leaves a lot to be desired. City is costly and doesnt justify the price/feature/product scenario but thanks to lackluster competition and rising registration costs across states, it is the only poor mans big car worth considering.....

Now this is what you know, everyone knows, so why is there a need to open multiple threads asking for advise for cars in same price range on which there are a million threads already. Its not like someone is going to say something thats not already written. The best would be to take a test drive and decide the car that suites you and your budget the best. Its not like we have a 100 cars to choose from.

Last edited by aseem : 19th June 2010 at 14:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks