Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 08:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

What new car for 12L on road

My cousin brother is planning to purchase a car preferably a sedan under 12Lakhs on road in Delhi. So i need inputs from you guys regarding which car to buy. Do note that the budget is strictly 12L due to some corporate reasons.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:11   #2
BHPian

well with that budget the choice is quite simple ANHC !! Are there any requirements in particular you looking at ??
Old 5th June 2010, 09:32   #3
BHPian

Yes, it depends on what he requires. I guess you might get the Corolla Altis base version in that prices if he wants reliability and rear seat comfort. If it's performance, it's gotta be a Cedia (if resale values don't matter) or Fiesta 1.6S (if resale matters). If he needs looks, it's his personal opinion that counts then
Old 5th June 2010, 09:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
My cousin brother is planning to purchase a car preferably a sedan under 12Lakhs on road in Delhi. So i need inputs from you guys regarding which car to buy. Do note that the budget is strictly 12L due to some corporate reasons.

The base version of the Civic should come to around there in Delhi shouldn't it? If so, then that'd be the car to buy !
Old 5th June 2010, 09:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well he requires a self driven car which should be within 12l on road in delhi. Mileage is also a concern. Must fetch around 10-12kmpl.
BTW What about the Chevy Cruise LT. It comes closer to 12l on road i think and is also a diese
Old 5th June 2010, 09:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Yes, it depends on what he requires. I guess you might get the Corolla Altis base version in that prices if he wants reliability and rear seat comfort. If it's performance, it's gotta be a Cedia (if resale values don't matter) or Fiesta 1.6S (if resale matters). If he needs looks, it's his personal opinion that counts then
Hi Prateek,

The ANHC is far more comfortable in terms of rear seat comfort than the Corolla Altis. Also the base altis is stripped down to a point where it is an engine in a shell. Its not worth the money, IMO.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
The base version of the Civic should come to around there in Delhi shouldn't it? If so, then that'd be the car to buy !
The base version of Honda Civic i.e. 1.8 S M/T is priced at 12.79L on road Delhi. So it cannot be considered within the said budget.
The Corolla Altis 1.8J is priced at 10.8 L which seems to be another option. What about the upcoming Maruti Kizashi. Will it be priced under the said budget.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ANHC is far more comfortable in terms of rear seat comfort than the Corolla Altis. Also the base altis is stripped down to a point where it is an engine in a shell.
Are you sure about this? What does base version of Altis lack which ANHC V has?
Old 5th June 2010, 10:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Well he requires a self driven car which should be within 12l on road in delhi. Mileage is also a concern. Must fetch around 10-12kmpl.
BTW What about the Chevy Cruise LT. It comes closer to 12l on road i think and is also a diese
The Cruze LT, is a nice car, but it has rather cramped interiors and an immense turbo lag. This will get quite painful in traffic. The maintenance costs associated with diesel engines are much more than those associated with Petrol engines. If his running is not that high, I would stick to a Petrol car.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:07   #10
BHPian

More info on fuel and features preffered are required to give an appropriate advice
Have a look at this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-ranking.html. Might help you

Last edited by benzinblut : 5th June 2010 at 10:12.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Are you sure about this? What does base version of Altis lack which ANHC V has?
Airbags, keyless entry, alarm system, alloy wheels (I think), mp3 player, steering mounted audio controls, temperature control (?), 60-40 rear seat split, rear centre arm rest.

I am fairly certain there could be some other features as well (fuel cut offs and the like ) that I may have missed. This is what I know off the top of my head. The only things I am not certain about are the alloy wheels and temperature control.

I know that the lack of a airbags, split seat and centre arm rest are deal breakers for me if I am spending that much on a car.

As far as the rear seat is concerned. Yes I am 1000% sure that the car is more comfortable than the Corolla Altis.

Last edited by imp! : 5th June 2010 at 10:16.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prateek,

The ANHC is far more comfortable in terms of rear seat comfort than the Corolla Altis. Also the base altis is stripped down to a point where it is an engine in a shell. Its not worth the money, IMO.
Very true. The base model of Corolla Altis is just a waste of money. Nothing is there in the car to qualify it as a 11L sedan.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:30   #13
VMG
BHPian

Best car to go Cedia sports. All features like other cars + GPS, memo steering, Oz alloy wheels, disc brakes for both rear and front and so on.
excellent handling & braking and great driving pleasure.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:57   #14
BHPian

If pure driving pleasure is what your cousin is looking at, it should be the Cedia Sports. Also, it is value for money for the features it provides.

The only point to consider is the low resale value factor that can be negated if he holds the car for 4 to 5 years.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Airbags, keyless entry, alarm system, alloy wheels (I think), mp3 player, steering mounted audio controls, temperature control (?), 60-40 rear seat split, rear centre arm rest.
Never thought they still sell a car of this class without airbags and ABS (does it have?). I agree, ANHC makes more sense then.
If he can wait, he should check out the Polo sedan.

Last edited by Guna : 5th June 2010 at 11:28.

Most Viewed