Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 10:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if I mised it, but did Manza come in your list any time? IMHO, it looks much better than DZire, and is true VFM.
Try to take a TD, may be you will like it.
Old 17th June 2010, 04:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you do plan to drive this car to Ladakh, I think the SX-4 is the best bet for you.
On the other hand, I also think that the Linea is not underpowered, but rather, adequately powered. Try to get another test-drive, this time tell them that the car should be in good shape.
Also, since you have already waited for 3 months, wait for the festive season, I believe the Linea T-Jet should be out by August. It should set the cat among the pigeons, with its fantastic ride and handling and good power.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
Close to 3 months have passed, and every weekend gets me more frustrated on WHAT CAR..
Since you've waited so long, wait a couple more - check out the Vento (the Polo sedan) when it launches in August. It should fit the bill.

Else, as Nikhil mentioned, go for the Cedia Sports
Old 17th June 2010, 10:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

@cutdcrap

IF you are open to used cars, there are MANY used Civics available in the 7-8L bracket, most are with 30k on the odo or thereabouts.

As you said you were considering the ANHC & your wife did kind of go for the snob-value bait. Then consider this. The big H & a higher segment for the same money or less. I know of a lot of people with Civics, they have never really had a problem with the car. Yes the fuel consumption figures will be higher than the ANHC....food for thought - what say ??

Happy hunting

Cheers
Old 17th June 2010, 11:21   #20
BHPian

I am with your views about all the cars except for Fiesta and AVEO. Now please dont quote me wrong here since I own an AVEO. I am purely expressing the below as I did see an AVEO in your list, and was rejected outrightly for a reason that doesnt justify the rejection.

About the A.s.S of AVEO, I think your jiju would have been just an unfortunate soul about the bad experience. I have been driving an AVEO for close to 8 months and the after sales experiences have been very impressive so far. This is not only from the dealer where I bought the car from but also with other few dealers who deal with Chevy(like Trident). It all depends on how you build relationship(trust me TBhp helps a lot there) and how you handle the issues(all cars have chances of breakdowns, we have to accept). I think an AVEO would be an excellent VFM suiting your requirements.

The positives, excellent ride quality & interiors thats is something you are already impressed with.
Negative, The car has a lag owing to the way it has been tuned which might bother you during city rides, but its a matter of how you make your car listen to you !

Do check out the Fiesta as well, I really dont understand why the Fiesta has a different outlook altogether up North, as mentioned by you. Its again a good car, specifcially a drivers' car with a satisfactory ride quality !
Old 17th June 2010, 11:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

since you seem to be open to used cars, the best used car that you can get, IMHO, in the 7-8L price range is a 2-3 year old Toyota Corolla- that engine is a gem, and the car is pretty well put together.

the only thing is that stay away from the lower spec versions in white or silver, since the chances are that these were used as taxis.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Do check out the Fiesta as well, I really dont understand why the Fiesta has a different outlook altogether up North, as mentioned by you. Its again a good car, specifcially a drivers' car with a satisfactory ride quality !
To be honest, there are ENOUGH Fiestas up here in the North, I ignored that statement as I thought it was a baseless generalization made, both by Cutdcrap as well as Zero Cool.

Last edited by suman : 17th June 2010 at 12:02.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

I shall only comment about the Aveo as I own one.

My Aveo has done 35k+ kms in little less than two years. The car sounds, feels and behaves as good as new ( I havnt added looks as it has got a few scratches here and there) The after sales has been excellent. There have been a few problems here and there but luckily they have been promptly sorted out by the dealer.

The Aveo 1,00,000 warranty + the Cashless ownership scheme is also a big boon. Till now I have just spent about Rs.100/- in all the services done.

I agree the Aveo isnt the fastest car around but still I find it totally worth the money I have spent on it.

Having said that, the choice is yours. Good luck !!!
Old 17th June 2010, 14:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
To be honest, there are ENOUGH Fiestas up here in the North, I ignored that statement as I thought it was a baseless generalization made, both by Cutdcrap as well as Zero Cool.
That sounds better. Even my friend in Delhi owns one and is all ga-ga about it. I was suddenly made to think, now whats up with this new zone thing got to do with Fiesta !
Old 17th June 2010, 22:23   #25
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I am more inclined towards a pre worshipped Civic. If I dont find one by the time Vento or TJET are launched, then these 2 will definitely be on my list.

@Ricky_63 : I seem to hear about that price bracket for Civic, but unable to find any 2007 onwards car. Fuel efficiency is not much of an issue - my Esteem has done 25k kms in 3 years. My office is only 8 kms from home.

As I said earlier, my reasons for not chosing a brand over the others is something that I feel personally, and intent was not generalising it, or incline any propspective owner's decision towards or away from it .

@Amartya : This time, Ladakh will be on a hired 4*4 rented vehicle, not my own.
Old 18th June 2010, 00:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post

@Amartya : This time, Ladakh will be on a hired 4*4 rented vehicle, not my own.
Great! Good luck with the car hunt.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Actually the Tdci Fiesta did sell amazingly well in the initial years after its launch, till Mjd in Swift and Dzire came around, its the petrol version which never really took off as well....infact it had pretty weak sales.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
its the petrol version which never really took off as well....infact it had pretty weak sales.
Depends on which Petrol sedan you are comparing with....do you have any statistics or is it just your perception?
Old 19th June 2010, 06:19   #29
BHPian

Its a case of perception, id agree to that. The 1.4 had horrible sales and hence it was discontinued and the 1.6 also did not do well enough when compared to say....sx4, city or even accent.
Old 19th June 2010, 06:35   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I would strongly suggest you to wait for the VW Vento. I feel it's only the diesel variant in the Vento which is worth a wait, the petrol engine is expected to be very ordinary and might not be a match to the ANHC's brilliant i-VTEC unit.

Amongst the petrols, ANHC and Cedia are absolutely the best cars you can buy this side of 10lac Rupees. If resale value is a concern rule out the Cedia. I know the ANHC is very expensive for what it offers but this is only petrol car at this price point which might hold its value over time.

Linea is a great car too, but i would not recommend the Petrol variant for lower FE and mediocre performance. Fiesta has class best dynamics but you have already ruled it out for a reason i don't agree with you on.

Personally i would have picked either Fiesta 1.6 or Honda City V AT.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th June 2010 at 06:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks