Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:42   #31
BHPian

@sgiitk

did the TD of civic didnt quite like it actually so not considering it and altis its ok somehow i dont feel its worth the money
Old 6th July 2010, 11:51   #32
VMG
BHPian

if you keep Cedia for 5 years then resale value wouldn't be big difference compare to other cars. driving at 160 no issues with this car. It is very stable at 160.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The Verna or the Fiesta are in no way comparable to the ANHC.
I would beg to disagree here. The Fiesta and Verna (especially the diesel) are both very competent cars and hold there own and better the ANHC on various fronts. All three cars have their own merits and de-merits and such a sweeping statement, IMHO, is unjustified. It all really depends on what you are looking for in your car and how you prioritize those requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@murthy

I am also considering Cedia Sports advance as an option but the only problem is that my dads company wants resale value too which is poor of that car..

Company said a complete no for pre-worshiped cars so they are out of option.

So the competition is now in between
ANHC(A/T)
Cedia Sports(M/T)

I really have my hear on the Cedia but the the resale thing is a killer.
Mate, it really is the head versus heart for you here. You mentioned AT as a requirement and ANHC suits you extremely well if you are looking for an AT below 11-12 lakhs (which basically rules out the Cruze). But the Cedia is an absolute delight to drive. If you are looking for a driver oriented car the Cedia is pretty much top of the heap at your budget right now. The sports version in particular comes with a lovely momo steering, sport pedals and oz alloys that make the car that much more fun to drive.
But if you are looking for rear seat comfort and the ease of driving that an AT provides in log-jammed city traffic then go ahead and book the ANHC. Don't worry too much about it being too common: it's that common because it's a good car to put your money on!
Old 8th July 2010, 12:10   #34
BHPian

I would second the opinions on the Optra diesel, if you look at maintenance costs and initial cost and cost of ownership it is an awesome deal, not to mention the good performance and awesome highway manners. .Add to that Chevy's low cost of service for the first 3 years. I was neatly outdone by one going at 140 in my Fiesta 1.6. I just could not catch up, must have been an awesome driver too. It just vanished.Not to mention I do drive very well and know how to drive fast and safe as well,so a lot of credit goes to the car. Considering this, the ANHC is just not a comparison. The downs iinclude a bad resale value for the Chevy and this is also a plus point for the ANHC.

Other options you could consider are the Innova petrol and the Xylo if the looks are palatable. Features and comfort wise nothing , car or otherwise to beat this thing below 10 lakhs.Have to overlook the looks but Maybe Safari, but that's just confusing you way too much.
You could also look at Linea diesel or Manza Aura + because it gives you true corolla-like comfort and good performance plus great mileage.
Besides, Fiesta diesel is also a good choice but I would recommend the Manza over the fiesta if it is chauffeur-driven and also for the VFM factor. If this is going to be a company-owned car, then the resale is the company's headache and your dad need not be bothered about it unless he owns the company.. Overall I think you could decide between
Cedia, Manza Aura + , Innova Petrol+ diesel, Xylo E8 with ABS, Safari low-end model, ANHC, Optra magnum diesel LT.
Sorry to confuse you further but have to let you know the options available.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

@jatinpatel,
Which car did you book/bought ?
I am also looking for a new car in the range below 11 lakhs. Your input would give me some idea.
Thanks
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@jatinpatel,
Which car did you book/bought ?
I am also looking for a new car in the range below 11 lakhs. Your input would give me some idea.
Thanks
Hey Santosh,

Why not try Chevy Cruze ??

Regards

Sateesh
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:15   #37
BHPian

Close your eyes and pick the toyota Altis Desie,l if power is'nt your thing and you expect total value for money for many more yrs to come with the car. GTO will agree with me. His report is just out after the TD.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:30   #38
BHPian

Are you not considering the soon-to-be-launched VW Vento? It should well within (or may be below) your target price. Polo's ever increasing presence on the road should clear doubts on VW's ability to penetrate while quality is no doubt their forte (one of my friends drive a Skoda and she says she feel like sitting in a tank such is the confidence she gets closing the doors of her superb).

Besides, you can not undermine the effect "called" snob value. And VW does very well on that front. With the reviews available, it should not be a dud on features as well.

The question is, are you willing to wait?
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hey Santosh,
Why not try Chevy Cruze ??
Regards
Sateesh
Hi Sateesh,
Good suggestion but the number of Cruze sales scares me to decide on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Close your eyes and pick the toyota Altis Desie,l if power is'nt your thing and you expect total value for money for many more yrs to come with the car. GTO will agree with me. His report is just out after the TD.
Thanks for the suggestion but again as mentioned by GTO, the basic model has bare essential things and is not worth. The "G" model is something better but i think i will overshoot the budget which i cannot as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
Are you not considering the soon-to-be-launched VW Vento? It should well within (or may be below) your target price. Polo's ever increasing presence on the road should clear doubts on VW's ability to penetrate while quality is no doubt their forte (one of my friends drive a Skoda and she says she feel like sitting in a tank such is the confidence she gets closing the doors of her superb).

Besides, you can not undermine the effect "called" snob value. And VW does very well on that front. With the reviews available, it should not be a dud on features as well.
The question is, are you willing to wait?
Any idea when this would be launched ? if it is not too long i can wait.
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:38   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Hi Sateesh,
Good suggestion but the number of Cruze sales scares me to decide on it.
Your scared that its selling more than a Civic?

It is consistently outselling Civic since last 3-4 months. Wherein Civics are selling nation-wide approx 350/month and Cruze is selling 775/month and growing considerably each month.

I bought a Cruze last week and think its way more VFM than a Civic.
Old 10th March 2011, 22:20   #41
BHPian

Re: Help Deciding Me a Car between 9-11lakhs

hello all,

Sorry for the late update but finally head and heart both ruled

Bought myself an june 08 38k kms run Civic V A/T and kept my lancer to.

Hence got everything that i wanted and plus the extra bonus of keeping my Lovely BLACK LOVE LANCER.

Although Civic is good in many areas as compared to lancer, but still even after 77k on odo in my lancer, It still big GIRNS on my face.

Thank you all
Appreciate it.
Old 10th March 2011, 22:57   #42
dot
Senior - BHPian

@jatinpatel, where is the review? Eagerly waiting for it.
Old 12th March 2011, 04:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jatin, Pre-owned Civic makes so much sense for someone lurking around for a proper driver's car.

What color? And do write down a review once you get hold of your 'new' Honda. Not to forget tons of pics!!!

Edit: just saw your TINY! Good work dude, that is a neat 800 you have got.
Old 13th March 2011, 00:00   #44
BHPian

@dot

review will come up soon currently tied with college project and engg. exams.

@ACE
thanks mate. Worked hard to make her upto my tastes and my crazy FINICKINESS for my GFs.

Its a Silver with RTO approved dark tints and its Auto done 41k kms now its been in my stable since last 4months.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:08   #45
Team-BHP Support

sorry for hijacking the thread but there was a similar question in my mind - however with a little difference

I currently have an Accent 1.6 gls, and I want to buy something more driver oriented - I'd initially shortlisted the Fiesta 1.6s, Cedia sports and the Chevy cruze (although doesn't fall in the category of 9-11 lacs as this thread title suggests ) but I've narrowed it down to the latter two. What would be the suggestion and the best option? Fuel economy is not much of a concern. My mind is set on the Cedia sports, but I just want to know if there is an updated version coming out in the near future (considering the last update was in mid 2009). Any information on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks