Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 15:13   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Urgent buy : Sedan - OTR closest to 8 Lac

@fordmanchau: Already done sir!
Verna is in the running.
I saw it on the road y'day, and was glad they fixed the anomaly they called the facelift...
Couple of TDs scheduled of the linea and the vento for the weekend.
hopefully the dealers will respond.
or does it make better sense to walk-in and demand TDs?
will they allow that, cos then the TDing will be done sooner, rather than scheduling for them to come home.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:19   #77
dot
Senior - BHPian

Even my FIL is looking for a sedan in this budget and I have recommended Etios, because space is the biggest priority, then reliability, then anything else.

But this thread is not for him.

So @mayankk, I were to choose from Fiesta Classic 1.6 and all new Verna, I would still go for Fiesta because it saves so much money and it is a blast to drive, things that Verna cannot provide. All New Verna is a good choice if bling is a necessary value.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 15:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help Deciding Me a Car between 9-11lakhs

The bling value is far costlier than the base version. It will take your budget above 9.5 if you need all the blings in case of Verna.

Top end Fiesta is still less than the middle variant of Verna.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:29   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

uhh,mods, how did i get here?
if i had 9-11 lacs, i wouldnt be in this quandary....

@dot: end of the day, we'll draw a consensus based on all TDs.
will have to change our perspective on sheer driveability overweighing all other factors, in that case.
presence of bling, or absence of the same surprisingly, doesnt matter for him!
Old 1st June 2011, 15:38   #80
BHPian

This thread is exactly what I've been looking for.

Need to search for one on the 14 - 15 lakh range of cars.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sheer driveability
Fiesta is the only car i can vouch for with respect to sheer driveability. The car feels like a tank and handles high speed so well. Feels far more secure. But cant comment on the new Verna. The old verna diesel was something i always admired. Someone with verna petrol experience can pitch in with respect to drivability.
Old 1st June 2011, 19:00   #82
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
@dot: end of the day, we'll draw a consensus based on all TDs.
will have to change our perspective on sheer driveability overweighing all other factors, in that case.
presence of bling, or absence of the same surprisingly, doesnt matter for him!
That is one of the best decisions to take, TD and decide. As @VW2010 says, I would not be surprised if Fiesta (C) comes out as the best in terms of sheer driveability.
Old 1st June 2011, 19:39   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Couple of TDs scheduled of the linea and the vento for the weekend.
hopefully the dealers will respond.
or does it make better sense to walk-in and demand TDs?
will they allow that, cos then the TDing will be done sooner, rather than scheduling for them to come home.
Just my opinion but it is better you get them to bring the TD vehicle home for 3 reasons -

1. Most of the times when you walk into a showroom and demand a TD, they quote some problem with getting the vehicle / long waiting queue of customers. Even if you manage to get hold of the car, chances are you will be forced to drive it in unfamiliar + crowded commercial areas around the showroom.

2. since you know your residential area very well, you know exactly how/what/where to test the car on specific roads, so you can judge the car better

3. with a TD at home you get to choose the time of TD, Plus you get exclusive attention as a customer (no other customers unlike in showrooms for the sales reps to get distracted by)

No offense to ANHV owners but a small problem area in the Verna is the severe lack of under-thigh support in the back seat - it was already mentioned in team-BHP's review and I experienced it first hand during the TD. Defintely a factor you need to consider if the customer is a prospective back seat passenger frequently.

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st June 2011 at 19:42.
Old 1st June 2011, 21:46   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
That is one of the best decisions to take, TD and decide. As @VW2010 says, I would not be surprised if Fiesta (C) comes out as the best in terms of sheer driveability.
i know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Just my opinion but it is better you get them to bring the TD vehicle home for 3 reasons -

1. Most of the times when you walk into a showroom and demand a TD, they quote some problem with getting the vehicle / long waiting queue of customers. Even if you manage to get hold of the car, chances are you will be forced to drive it in unfamiliar + crowded commercial areas around the showroom.

2. since you know your residential area very well, you know exactly how/what/where to test the car on specific roads, so you can judge the car better

3. with a TD at home you get to choose the time of TD, Plus you get exclusive attention as a customer (no other customers unlike in showrooms for the sales reps to get distracted by)
I know brother.
but these scheduled TDs are even worse.
you set aside a weekend day, and they dont even turn up.
at least going to the showroom would enable us to see if some can be eliminated by sheer visual inspection only...
Old 5th June 2011, 20:21   #85
BHPian

Hey BHPians...

As someone who's on the lookout for a new sedan in this segment, I'd like some opinions. The car's for my dad, who is 58, 6 foot+, wid lower back problems. He won't be driving, but willl be plastered to the front passenger seat.
The height of my new car will be a concern as my dad finds it difficult climbing out of low cars. And needless to mention, RIDE COMFORT IS PRIORITY ONE!
Could someone who's TDed the ANHV tell me how good the front seats are??
And is the ride of the SX4 really a concern??

Replies will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
Old 28th July 2012, 17:04   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Reviving an old thread. Actually, am quite surprised this thread is so dead, but guess that is a function of the fact that Petrol Automatics are becoming a non starter in these days of insane diesel - petrol price differences.

I am faced with the same dilemma. We are looking to replace our Getz with a new car, which will be primarily used by my wife. It would be driven largely by our driver, but given how unreliable most drivers are, there will be days when my wife needs to use it in peak hour traffic too and from BKC. We tried the Vento diesel MT, and found the clutch extremely hard to use, which almost certainly rules it out. We also tested the Honda City AT today - was ok to drive but quite noisy (much more so than my Superb AT). We will try the Vento Petrol AT tomorrow. Would be great to get more recent feedback from others who went through this choice set.

I have been following several Vento threads, and have not seen any signs of problems with the car. Most of those are for the TDi though. Would be great to get feedback from Petrol AT owners on any issues, especially as the car gets older.
Old 29th July 2012, 02:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Reviving an old thread. Actually, am quite surprised this thread is so dead, but guess that is a function of the fact that Petrol Automatics are becoming a non starter in these days of insane diesel - petrol price differences.

I am faced with the same dilemma. We are looking to replace our Getz with a new car, which will be primarily used by my wife. It would be driven largely by our driver, but given how unreliable most drivers are, there will be days when my wife needs to use it in peak hour traffic too and from BKC. We tried the Vento diesel MT, and found the clutch extremely hard to use, which almost certainly rules it out. We also tested the Honda City AT today - was ok to drive but quite noisy (much more so than my Superb AT). We will try the Vento Petrol AT tomorrow. Would be great to get more recent feedback from others who went through this choice set.

I have been following several Vento threads, and have not seen any signs of problems with the car. Most of those are for the TDi though. Would be great to get feedback from Petrol AT owners on any issues, especially as the car gets older.
You should refer to noopster's thread on Vento AT Noopster's Vento AT , maybe buzz him too - you should get good feedback on Vento AT as also Vento Vs City AT
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 06:22   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The Linea Tjet costs upwards of 11L OTR in bangalore, and 10+ OTR in Delhi, so can be ruled out considering an 8L budget
[/IMG]
Karthik, i havn't gone through entire thread, but going by a couple of posts from you has me thinking you are primarily looking for a mid size sedan, petrol and has a snob value. If i'm assuming correctly, i'd suggest you pick up a used civic or a laura. There are lots with less than 15k on the odo selling at 8 to 9. Else i'd go for a new rapid/vento/t-jet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks