Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2006, 16:34   #16
BHPian

I have answred his query sir, there is no oil leakage in Baleno
Old 17th July 2006, 16:38   #17
BHPian

There is no problem , do not panic, only the throw is long,rahul u seem to be hyper,
Old 20th July 2006, 00:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyrahul
hey sunmoon.look for the gear oil leakage.it might help .
Hey dont freak him out freakyrahul, why would gear oil leakage only affect the 5th gear ?

Quote:
LOOKS like the car must have been taken for a lot of offroading in the top gear.It may have damaged the gear shift pattern.
Mr freakyrahul, what you are trying to say is the vibrations due to offroading in 5th gear caused damage to the shift pattern ... you mean it got bent or something ? maybe he was taking part in the paris dakar or the Baja 1000 , going over sand dunes and rocky roads at 100 KMPH + in 5th gear ...
OR
maybe his car fell down a valley and the whole shift pattern became crooked

Quote:
the problem is serious and if you r not able to switch gears smoothly in case of emergency then it could result in an eventuality.Drive safe.Take care.
yes take care

Last edited by chetanhanda : 20th July 2006 at 00:06.
Old 20th July 2006, 10:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Gear oil leakage / result of too much offroading / eventual mishap etc etc - all due to a notchy 5th gear. Wow. I am amazed by the speculation.
While it is definitely advisable to fully check a used car before buying, too much speculation is also not going to be helpful.
As prashanth mentioned, the throw for the 5th Gear is long, so it seems difficult, and it is not a problem. I bought the Baleno new and also occasionally have this problem with 5th gear. So, relax on this issue and check if there are actual serious issues with the car.
Old 20th July 2006, 10:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

check for wear of gear at a good place, people tend to push baleno in top gear at low speeds as the car will take it, even sometimes i move at 30kmph in 5th gear. this definitely puts load on the mechanicals, if u have a genuine problem get it replaced, do not continue damaging it. a stitch in time saves nine. also check the clutch setting, i had probelm in engaging reverse, now after clutch setting its gone. there is no other problem ib baleno gear shifts.
Old 20th July 2006, 14:25   #21
BHPian

5th gear

Hi Sunmoon,

i think you should get the gear shifter lever checked . The lever is about 6inches in length and if its faulty you could end with the car not being able to slot into 5th . the gear in itself costs around 240 rupees so its not a major issue but since you are going to buy the car might as well get it confirmed.

Another point where you could haggle with the seller is if there is any noise coming from the interiors , specifically the plastic cover which is on the B- pillar and covers the seat belt . The best way to find out is by driving the car @ 60 kmph on a slightly rought patch of a good road with the windows up and the ac running on blower speed one. this really magnifies any sound coiming from the interiors.

hope you find the info usefull
Old 23rd July 2006, 18:34   #22
BHPian

Thanks Samrat..for your valuable input..
I have checked out wit a few used car dealers..and most of them said that a 2000 model should be around the 2L mark. Since the earlier versions were only VXi models. the car is fully loaded. All power windows, power steering, Pioneer music system and leather seat covers including the door pads.

I have liked the car at the first look but I am going to take my mechanic for a complete checkup..The car is a company owned and so well maintained with comp insurance till Feb 2007. The dealer is ready to negotiate also taking my car in exchange.

Would appreciate any comments on this from all..!!

Rahul.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks