Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 12:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Solitaire Honda in Borivli E is great. Availability of spare parts shouldn't be a problem unless you require something that usually doesn't require replacement. Apart from Opera House, keep one more guy handy. This guy called Deven Patkar in Kurla CST can get you damn near any part for a Honda City, new or old. His shop is in a bylane just before the new Mercedes showroom where an Ichibaan showroom used to be. Ask around in Kurla, most people know him well. Anything missing can be procured from the US online. Most internal parts are interchangeable with various Honda Civics sold in the US over the years.

2.8L is a bit on the higher side, considering the external condition of the car. Get the engine number if you can and post it here. That should tell which batch the car was made in. But at the end of the day, its an OHC VTEC and there is nothing close to it in the same price bracket. It won't let you down, ever.

Hi Pranav,

Thanks a lot for the info.
Much appreciated.
Could you let me know what one can expect in terms of performance viz. 0-60 and 0-100 and top speed of this car?

Regards,

SS
Old 16th August 2010, 14:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Dippy,

One last thing.

Do you know any good Honda Auth. Service Stn. in the Western suburbs? I live at Lokhandwala - Andheri (West).

Thanks a lot.

SS
I'm not too sure but Solitaire having a workshop at Andheri I give my car to the Borivali place since I live at Kandivali plus its quite a huge workshop. My car goes to Solitaire for all its regular services. For other work I have a independent workshop 5 minutes away from my house. My car goes to him for all work apart from servicing.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pranav,

Thanks a lot for the info.
Much appreciated.
Could you let me know what one can expect in terms of performance viz. 0-60 and 0-100 and top speed of this car?

Regards,

SS
0-100 should be in the 10.xx if the engine, clutch is healthy and the tyres can grip. Top speed is electronically limited to 180-185kmph but taking a stock suspensioned OHC to those speeds is like playing russian roulette.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Top speed is electronically limited to 180-185kmph.
I dont think so. It's aerodynamically limited to 185kmph.

With more power and better aerodynamics, it can go even faster. 4th gear@7100rpm is good for 207kmph.

Shan2nu
Old 16th August 2010, 14:58   #20
BHPian

@suzuki san:I myself have been in a similar dilemma since the last 1 month.A 2000 model OHC VTEC should not cost you anything more than 2lacs.Period.

Think about it, its already 10 YEARS OLD.Add to that you'd have to spend a minimum of 40-50 grand jus refurbishing it(miscellaneous like tyres,ICE,service costs at 60k,dents/scratches/suspension along with relevant transfer charges).So you actually end up spending in the region of 2.5lac even if you pay only 2 lacs upfront.

Do you think there'd be anybody out there willing to shell out more than 1.2 lakhs for a 13 YEAR OLD OHC VTEC(assuming you might wana upgrade after a 3 years)considering 03-04(10 year old) Corollas then would be costing 2-2.2 lacs????NO WAY.Hope I made things clear on the price front at least.

Last edited by octane1002 : 16th August 2010 at 15:06.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
@suzuki san:I myself have been in a similar dilemma since the last 1 month.A 2000 model OHC VTEC should not cost you anything more than 2lacs.Period.

Think about it, its already 10 YEARS OLD.Add to that you'd have to spend a minimum of 40-50 grand jus refurbishing it(miscellaneous like tyres,ICE,service costs at 60k,dents/scratches/suspension along with relevant transfer charges).So you actually end up spending in the region of 2.5lac even if you pay only 2 lacs upfront.

Do you think there'd be anybody out there willing to shell out more than 1.2 lakhs for a 13 YEAR OLD OHC VTEC(assuming you might wana upgrade after a 3 years)considering 03-04(10 year old) Corollas then would be costing 2-2.2 lacs????NO WAY.Hope I made things clear on the price front at least.
Hi Octane,

Very succintly put. You are spot on. I will put the offer to the seller.

Thanks a lot.

SS

Quote:
0-100 should be in the 10.xx if the engine, clutch is healthy and the tyres can grip. Top speed is electronically limited to 180-185kmph but taking a stock suspensioned OHC to those speeds is like playing russian roulette.
Hi Pranav,

Thanks for the input.
Those are exactly the sort of speeds I was looking at
What sort of mods would have to be done to the suspension to cope with high(er) speeds?

Regards,

SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

With more power and better aerodynamics, it can go even faster. 4th gear@7100rpm is good for 207kmph.

Shan2nu
Hey Shan2nu,

Now we're talking!!!!!!!

SS

Last edited by Dippy : 16th August 2010 at 18:46. Reason: Please use the multi quote function instead of creating back to back posts. thanks
Old 16th August 2010, 18:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

Shan2nu
Show me a stock VTEC that can go to 207kph with one of those GPS monitors. I've seen the ECU maps. There is a limiter in the software (115mph), my friend. The speedo is inaccurate at those speeds. Download CROME and a p08 stock bin. Then open it in CROME and see for yourself.

Last edited by pranavt : 16th August 2010 at 18:35.
Old 16th August 2010, 18:34   #23
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dippy,

One last thing.

Do you know any good Honda Auth. Service Stn. in the Western suburbs? I live at Lokhandwala - Andheri (West).

Thanks a lot.

SS
Solitaire honda has a workshop operational since 3-4 months @ veera desai road andheri west.

My NHC vtec has been last serviced there and they did a satisfactory job..
Old 16th August 2010, 20:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Solitaire honda has a workshop operational since 3-4 months @ veera desai road andheri west.

My NHC vtec has been last serviced there and they did a satisfactory job..

Thanks BHP.
That's much more convenient.
Do you have the exact address?

Regards,

SS
Old 17th August 2010, 01:41   #25
bhp
BHPian

It is located in the lane opposite to the new skoda and chevy showroom @ veera desai road
Old 17th August 2010, 06:39   #26
BHPian

Hi,

As far as I know. Comprehensive Insurance can only be availed on cars within 10 years of manufacture? All cars which were manufactured more than 10 years ago can get only 3rd Party Insurance.

Please give me some Gyaan on this. This is not OFF topic. The car which Suzuki is buying is a 10 year old car and gets 50% NCB.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Show me a stock VTEC that can go to 207kph with one of those GPS monitors. I've seen the ECU maps. There is a limiter in the software (115mph), my friend. The speedo is inaccurate at those speeds. Download CROME and a p08 stock bin. Then open it in CROME and see for yourself.
I didn't say a vtec can do 207kmph. I said the 4th gear at redline is good for 207kmph. 185kmph is the aerodynamically limited top speed.

Shrey has done 193kmph (true speed) run on a VBOX, with a stock ECU. You can contact him and ask him about it.

So even if we were to believe there is a limiter, it sure ain't doing its job (which is a good thing for us). LOL

PS : Atleast from what i've noticed through diagnostic devices. The vehicle speed that the ECU reads was identical to what the speedo was showing on my car. So ECU speed reading is also not accurate, which means the limiter should kick in when the ECU reads 185kmph, where as i have personally done 195kmph on the speedo.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 17th August 2010 at 14:02.
Old 18th August 2010, 06:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
It is located in the lane opposite to the new skoda and chevy showroom @ veera desai road
Hi BHP

Many Thanks .

SS
Old 18th August 2010, 06:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Hi,

As far as I know. Comprehensive Insurance can only be availed on cars within 10 years of manufacture? All cars which were manufactured more than 10 years ago can get only 3rd Party Insurance.

Please give me some Gyaan on this. This is not OFF topic. The car which Suzuki is buying is a 10 year old car and gets 50% NCB.
Hi Googleman,

Well, this is interesting.
I was not aware of this.
Will check with my insurance guy.

Regards,

SS
Old 18th August 2010, 06:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Where do you guys learn this stuff????? A p08 stock bin????

It's like Greek & Latin to me.

Regards,

SS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks