Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2005, 18:50   #16
BHPian

SankeerthReddy, the best place for used cars in Hyderabad is MAHAVIR CARS! they are a bit pricier than the others, but their vehicles are really good.

In your price range, also considering ur family being on the longer side, so the best car would be the OHC for u. a 2001-2002 model will be the best one for u. No troubles at all with the OHC! great car, and go for the 1.3 version which will be cheaper and also less in pickup/more in mileage, if thats what u would prefer.
Old 23rd November 2005, 18:01   #17
BHPian

hi reddy what exacyly would you like to get
if are going for a first car in your family or do u have cars already
and do you mind small cars explain on that then we can suggest better
and if there is any finacial issue like paying in black and white tbhp members help it out also!!!

Last edited by trinadha : 23rd November 2005 at 18:02. Reason: forgeton adding tbhp
Old 27th November 2005, 18:05   #18
BHPian

love to see you in a Honda city vtec
big car easy maintainance good backup and good performance
when going to dealer just get a good mechanic personally known to you to check the car
it is prefered that you go to organised car market/certified cars
may be 10-15k higher than the regular price but you get peace of mind
Old 4th December 2005, 04:21   #19
Max
BHPian

I will recommend OHC, its simply the best. very low on maintenance and has good mileage and resale value. You should get 2002 or 2003 model in your price bracket !
Old 7th December 2005, 18:29   #20
BHPian

sorry guys its been a long time since i have logged on to the site.i see many replies given by all the BHPians and am happy to see a lot of views.we have a maruti 800 and also a maruti van.as trinadha has asked.its not abt the black or white issue.we r ready to pay for tht in white.so i see tht a lot of fellow BHPians r very intersted in OHC but when i enquired its not tht cheap in hyderabad.so guys tell me.
Old 7th December 2005, 18:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

You say the car will be sold in next two years.

OHC & Lancers are great cars, but if picked wrongly, it would be a big headache for you. You can go for a Maruti Esteem [ Iam not saying you can manage with a wrongly picked Esteem ]

Whether it is direct owner or dealer, ask for service records. If they dont have, find out from them where do they service their cars & talk to service station to check out whether the info was correct ( use your c.sense to validate their claim by the way they talk).

Take a reliable mechanic & inspect the car throughly along with the papers of the car before you start discussing the price.

In this forum there is a thread about "tips for buying second hand cars" in which almost every point has been covered, try to locate it and read
Old 7th December 2005, 18:49   #22
BHPian

good service backup : Hyundai, Maruti, Honda, Ford in that order.
Availability of spares: ditto
Cheap Maintenance : Esteem, Baleno, Accent, Ikon, OHC
Good mileage: NHC, Esteem, OHC, Baleno, Accent, Ikon.
Now take your pick!
Old 7th December 2005, 20:10   #23
BHPian

Since you already have 2 Maruti's in your garage, then better buy a non Maruti car this time
I don't know used car price in your city, but within 3.5 lakh you should be able to get very good condition Santro, Accent etc. Since it's going to be your 3rd car, why not buy an automatic one? (just a suggestion)
Old 8th December 2005, 05:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Accents resale value fall to fast in my opinion. I have seen 2year old accents going for less than a 2lacs.

A lancer or a honda city is the best bet for you in the 3-3.5 lacs resale segment. dont look further.
Old 12th December 2005, 19:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Might be lots of problems with those accents or it would have got transfered to more hands. In chennai, you can only get a 2000 model (3rd owner car) for that price

Last edited by Surprise : 12th December 2005 at 19:18.
Old 14th December 2005, 14:08   #26
BHPian

what do u say abt a second hand baleno? as i heard a lot of good things abt this machine.so how is this vehicle over-all.more over will this vehicle come under my range of 3.5 and which is a decently maintainedand also considering the things like maintainence,milege,service etc.so baleno owners pls reply.

Last edited by sankeerthreddy : 14th December 2005 at 14:09.
Old 14th December 2005, 15:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its almost a months time from the day you posted your query. Still not finalized on what you need to go for. It takes longer time for you to zero in with good maintained car & patience is required to handle that. or do you have any specific time frame to get for this purchase
Old 15th December 2005, 00:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

OHC has the highest resale.

Lancer will be around 10-20k cheaper

Baleno will be around 50k cheaper than the lancer.

Maintainence Lancer and city are in the same ball park and baleno is higher but baleno is backed by maruti.

you wont go wrong with any. decide on which car you like more.

Most Viewed