Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2005, 07:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

What about spares and all? I read the corsa body panels are very expensive and so are other parts like lights etc., Moreover with production about to stop, availability of spares is going to be a problem, or do we get "jugaad" fittings for corsa commonly?
Old 1st December 2005, 22:12   #17
BHPian

Am the proud owner of a Corsa!

Guys, I did consider your opinions as well as the possibility of the Corsa getting phased out - but i couldnt convince myself out of the deal. And then, there was a feeling that for the money i am shelling out, there isnt a better deal out there in the market right now. Anybody, please feel free to contradict. My on-road price is 5.05 lakhs, with a Blaupunkt Monterrey deck, remote locking and of course basic accessories. I got the car yesterday night - so have not yet spent too much time with it. But over the next few days that is going to consume me - so expect a detailed review soon. But shortly, it definitely is not a driver's car - though it isnt exactly a slouch either. It is just that the accelerator and steering fail to convey the speed of the car. There might be other factors too, but the Corsa cocoons the driver from the road so much that one has to look at the speedometer to find out the exact speed. The other thing - ergonomics is spot on. And i have driven and owned cars in the US not long back. Seating, controls, contours etc. are just right. It might be a personal thing, but these small things do matter to me. More to come, shortly. One question however - during my initial drives (in stop and start Chennai peak hour traffic), i am noticing scorching heat from the front bonnet (i am driving with my A/C on all the time). Is this common in new cars or should i get it checked out soon? Awaiting your replies...
Old 1st December 2005, 22:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Post some pics too. As for temps, watch the coolant temp gauge in your console (after making sure its accurate).
Old 1st December 2005, 23:52   #19
BHPian

The coolant gauge certainly does not cross even the half way mark. But how do i make sure that it does work correctly?!
Old 1st December 2005, 23:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

You have to plumb in a thermometer. Also check to make sure your thermostat is opening and all the fans are working.
Old 2nd December 2005, 00:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey bala !

congrats on your ride .. was the elite (full leather ) variant offered in chennai at all ??? in delhi its a steal at 4,87L ...

anyways , it is fairly normal for the hood to heat up with the A/c on ...as long as the coolant temprature gauge is not redlining you have nothing to worry about ...
remember to keep the revs below 2000 for the first 1000kms ...
and wot colour did you get ?
engine spec ? 1.4 or 1.6 ?

cheers
Old 2nd December 2005, 13:55   #22
BHPian

Hey turbo_lover,

Nope, The Elite was not on offer herehttp://team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif.

I got the 1.4 GSi with the standard grey interiors. The fabric quality and fit and finish are indeed up to the mark. And late yesterday i did flex the accelerator somewhat (couldnt resist it for long!). I did not time it to pin point precision but the 60 Kmph mark came in 5 seconds. And i do believe the car can easily do a sub 5 second time, because i got into third gear just to avoid revving highly in second. So, thats not bad timing at all eh?! And before you warn me, i will try my best to keep the revs below 3000 till the 1000 km markhttp://team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif.

And i will keep an eye on the coolant gauge at all times. Not sure if i need to go to the trouble of measuring it with a thermometer though. If this is continuing i will contact the dealer and have it checked out.
Old 2nd December 2005, 15:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
i am noticing scorching heat from the front bonnet (i am driving with my A/C on all the time). Is this common in new cars or should i get it checked out soon?
Bala, details pls... You felt this heat sitting inside the car? How you noticed it?

The assumption is that the temp gauge is working fine... but just to be on safer side, be a paranoid, and get it checked with service center.

BTW, congrats on the new car. Its a sweet deal alright. My sail cost me more than that.
Old 2nd December 2005, 16:26   #24
BHPian

gkrishn,

I do not feel 'anything' inside the cabin. For that i am loving the Corsa. For performing the initial puja, i had to drive from Nelson Manickam road to the Mahalingapuram main road in 6 pm peak traffic. I tried to open the bonnet and almost burned my hand for trying. Finally i did manage to open it, but i was worried whether this was irregular.
Old 2nd December 2005, 18:48   #25
BHPian

Yes, the resale will probably hurt, but i am clear in my mind that this car was not bought for resale. It is for personal utility. The only thing that gave me peace of mind in this case was the fact that the Opel Astra's parts are still available in all the GM showrooms. Now, that is a car which has long since been discontinued.

What do people think about that?

My car's colour is Arctic Breeze Mica - in non-marketing terms it is a solid grey with a bluish tint that is bright but decent and understated.
Old 4th December 2005, 10:51   #26
BHPian

tsk tsk! no corsa! baleno all the way in that budget range! great car, great performance, great mileage, cheap spares!
Old 4th December 2005, 11:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
tsk tsk! no corsa! baleno all the way in that budget range! great car, great performance, great mileage, cheap spares!
I have to agree...

the corsa is just so awfully cramped
Old 4th December 2005, 13:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Guys, he already bought the Corsa.
Old 5th December 2005, 23:25   #29
BHPian

sidharth_j,

I am not sure if you have seen the insides of a Corsa! It might not be as spacious as, say, an Innova or even a Fiesta. But it definitely holds two pretty tall and broad people up front and three regular size human beings in the rear seat in fantastic comfort. Spare a thought for the ride quality in this car.

The car looks small from the exterior, but is not as small inside. And its unexaggerated exterior is a great help in the Chennai traffic.

The car isnt what i would call cramped. Another thing - spare a thought for the seating ergonomics. It took me only two minutes to find a comfy spot in the driver's seat. (Of course, i am still very much in the honeymoon period. Rest assured i will write up my experiences in detail and share it with TeamBHP in course of time).

Again, like i said before, there might be better cars than this for my needs if i were to spend more. The Baleno Lxi comes to about 6.7 on road in Chennai. Now, that isnt what i would call a good deal. I wouldnt pay 1.7 lakhs over the Corsa for the Baleno - but that is just me! But if i had delayed my purchase for another 20 days i would have certainly leapt on the deal for the Elantra (6.85 ex-showroom).
Old 6th December 2005, 00:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balashome
Spare a thought for the ride quality in this car.
I can perfectly understand how you feel. A car is not always about 0-100 figure or about mileage. Lot more things make a car. I always had a thing for a black Corsa Royale :-) It looks elegant, regal and yet so compact. It feels much more solidly built when compared to some other cars in its category.

So, congrats and enjoy your ride and post some pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks