Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2005, 00:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by balashome
i have driven and owned cars in the US not long back
just out of curiosity. what car(s) did you drive and own while in the US?
Old 6th December 2005, 15:07   #32
BHPian

The cars that i owned in the US were a Chevrolet Metro and a Honda Civic in that order. The cars that i have driven while there are as follows:

Oldsmobile Alero
Buick Century
Chrysler Sebring
Chevrolet Avalanche
Kia Sedona
Honda Accord V6 Coupe

Most of the cars mentioned are friends' vehicles or cars that i took out on rent. I would have done atleast 250 to 300 miles on each of the vehicles. The Alero, Century and the Avalanche lasted almost 1000 miles each.

Of these, i had the most fun driving the Alero (surprisingly), my Civic and the Avalanche (just the sheer size and power of it).
Old 6th December 2005, 21:16   #33
BHPian

the corsa is a good car, very tempting at the current discounts, and reasonably spacious for a family of three or four. It wears well too. Don't rip the engine for the first 3000 km. Your FE should settle down after 1000 km.
As for the heating of the bonnet, check if there is insulation at that point, where you put your fingers to open it, if not, ask the garage to stick some thin pieces there.
Old 26th December 2005, 01:47   #34
Tapan

Hi,

For your information GM has lowered the spares of Corsa to a very extent. My speedo-meter was malfunctioning and i took it to dealer and they said the speed-wire has to be replaced and i sked how much they said: Rs. 1200 and i did'nt got it but recently now i went to get the service done and i asked them to replace the wire and it costed only Rs. 700 incudling labout haha.

Thanks.

Old 18th January 2006, 13:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balashome
Again, like i said before, there might be better cars than this for my needs if i were to spend more. The Baleno Lxi comes to about 6.7 on road in Chennai.
Hey Bala, I am not getting into any Baleno vs Corsa discussion. :-)
But, could not resist pointing out the wrong onroad price mentioned by you. I should know because I got the Baleno Lxi last year at 5.8L onroad price with a great finance deal thrown in. This makes the price difference between the two cars just 80K. Not that it makes any difference now as you have already made the purchase.
Anyways enjoy the ride. BTW, did you happen to check the FE ? What I have heard from friends who own the Corsa is 10kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks