Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 10:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

There is a DOHC head available for the 1.4 which makes 100 horses. The XL had this had and came with a 16v twincam badging. Wonder why it was never introduced in the Indica series.
Old 1st October 2010, 22:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Keeping that in mind and the fact that the Xeta is a top seller, I dont think it should be too bad.
I am a xeta owner and this is a NEWS to me. Can you cite the source for this? My current experience is exactly opposite. After booking my polo, I have been trying to sell off my xeta. Unfortunately, no one is willing to buy my tata petrol.
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:05   #18
ajai_dev

Yes Indigo CS PETROL is quite underpowered instead of that get a i20 Petrol "Better space wise" The i20 is basically similar in length with better overall space and the power of that petrol engine is quite satisfying.

BTW Which variant of the Indigo CS Petrol are you planing to buy?

Old 2nd October 2010, 12:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
There is a DOHC head available for the 1.4 which makes 100 horses. The XL had this had and came with a 16v twincam badging. Wonder why it was never introduced in the Indica series.
we had a discussion on the possiblity of doing so in an aftermarket engine swap. apparently, *that* engine is derived more from the safari ( as per some TASC) , and needs some modifications in the engine bay, which are done in the XL, and would need to be done for an indica. In the scope of the average turner/workshop, but doubt if tata would have done it, given that even the 1.4 GLX did not sell much
Old 21st March 2011, 01:48   #20

Re: Indigo CS petrol Is it underpowered?

Dear Gurus,

I intend to buy Tata Indigo eCS eGLX. I live in Thane and here on raod price is 517K approx. I went to Balaji Motors but they did not have any petrol version for Test drive. Now they will call me on coming weekend (26, 27 March), hopefully for test drive. Reason why I want Tata Indigo with Petrol Engine are --

1. My budget is not more than 5.25 lacs
2. My weekly run would be around 120-140 KM at the most.
3. I need sedan as I need boot space otherwise I would have taken Santro.

Diesel Indigo i.e. eLS was full of noise when I started it in Showroom and its gearbox was vibrating. This is already pointed out by someone in his one of the review. I need a calm vehicle as I am spoiled after driving New HC iVTEC which is now used by my Dad.

Salesman told me that Mileage I will get from Petrol car would be not more than 14 in the city and around 17 on high way (My Honda city gave me mileage of 14-16 in city) and 18-20 on Highway.

My worries are --
1. Saving some 100 thousand here by not buying a diesel variant should not cost me too much.
2. Will this petrol Engine will take on "jams" on various roads from Thane to Mumbai, specially on over bridges?
3. I always keep my vehicles upto mark, still do not know if i get something on its resale.

Kindly throw some light.

regards
AG
Old 21st March 2011, 13:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indigo CS petrol Is it underpowered?

Look for Hyundai Accent petrol and Mahindra Logan petrol in your price range for comparison. If you can look at a diesel Hatch Ford Figo is a good VFM bet.

Driveability is not an issue with the CS petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
we had a discussion on the possiblity of doing so in an aftermarket engine swap. apparently, *that* engine is derived more from the safari ( as per some TASC) , and needs some modifications in the engine bay, which are done in the XL, and would need to be done for an indica. In the scope of the average turner/workshop, but doubt if tata would have done it, given that even the 1.4 GLX did not sell much
The mod is nothing much apart from the twin cam head and some minor mods. I am sure of this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks