Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2005, 02:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Clincher: If you really want driving pleasure, Pete's box on the Elantra can give you upto 135+bhp, which is pretty damn close to the RS. And still about 15km to a litre of diesel.
Old 28th November 2005, 07:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

For city driving go for Octy, for highways its got to be the Elantra.
Elantra trashes the Octy in top gear roll-ons and that's what matters on the highway. Probably the best touring car today.
Old 28th November 2005, 08:40   #18
BHPian

for image go for an octavia else you can also see the mondeo else the elantra
seiously if u are not looking for diesel i think if it is possible why not an accord (budget goes out of what u were thinkin) other good one corolla damn good at maintennce.check out the cost in maintaining an octy and crdi
.even think about how much your father might use the car
if he travels less you can go in for any petrol car

Last edited by trinadha : 28th November 2005 at 08:45. Reason: forgot to mention honda
Old 28th November 2005, 09:06   #19
BHPian

i am sorry
i hadnt read the first post properly
i think you wouldnt be able to find a lot of crdi elantra in the market (their sales were no big)so maybe a second hand octy would help.but better than seconds would be first hand elantra
its far better after the discounts and wait till fiesta catches the market the discounts willbe more bigger (though they both are of different category)
Old 2nd December 2005, 17:45   #20
BHPian

I used to own a 1.9 Octavia TD and right now I own a Elantra CRDi.
If you are looking for a stylish car which is excellent for city use, then close your eyes and go for the Octi.
Elanta feels really solid. Infact it feels better built and handles better than the Octi. Highway performance, the elantra thrashes the Octi. It is the best car for highway that I have come across. It nearly matches the Mondeo TDi.

Also note that the Elantra has very good rear leg room space and seats when compared to the Octi.
Old 2nd December 2005, 21:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-kimi
If you are looking for a stylish car which is excellent for city use, then close your eyes and go for the Octi.
Elanta feels really solid. Infact it feels better built and handles better than the Octi. Highway performance, the elantra thrashes the Octi. It is the best car for highway that I have come across. It nearly matches the Mondeo TDi.

Also note that the Elantra has very good rear leg room space and seats when compared to the Octi.

For a better image, get the Octavia. For performance, the Elantra

And guys, which car do u think has better build quality?
Old 2nd December 2005, 21:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
And guys, which car do u think has better build quality?
DEFINE build quality....
Old 2nd December 2005, 23:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Clincher: If you really want driving pleasure, Pete's box on the Elantra can give you upto 135+bhp, which is pretty damn close to the RS. And still about 15km to a litre of diesel.

This is tempting...

I think i am more confused after reading all these posts...
Old 3rd December 2005, 11:42   #24

my suggestion is u go take a test drive of both.personally i feel d elantra s better when considered as a package.octy will burn a deep hole in your pocket for maintenance........
Old 3rd December 2005, 14:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-kimi

I had an impression that Octi is better build... Why do you feel Elantra is better built?

I guess FE is more or less the same for both....
Old 4th December 2005, 02:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal
my suggestion is u go take a test drive of both.personally i feel d elantra s better when considered as a package.octy will burn a deep hole in your pocket for maintenance........
i really dont know what maintence .... i ve had an elegance for like 4 years only time was at workshop was for regular service and when i banged it .... and if you saying about service charge and spare parts comparison my take is if you buying a car with good reliability i think it really shouldnt matter to shell some more for service such minor differneces dont really pay much in the long
Old 4th December 2005, 10:41   #27
BHPian

The Ambient version of Octi is cheaper, but its horrible from inside! wheras the Elantra's interiors give a very luxurious look, and are of great quality. and as everyone here is mentioning, the seating and legroom is more in the Elantra!
Other than looks, and sturdiness, i dont find anything good with the Octi. (i hope u aint into car ramming, that u need a sturdy car for.)
Old 4th December 2005, 11:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan
i really dont know what maintence .... i ve had an elegance for like 4 years only time was at workshop was for regular service and when i banged it .... and if you saying about service charge and spare parts comparison my take is if you buying a car with good reliability i think it really shouldnt matter to shell some more for service such minor differneces dont really pay much in the long

maintenance is not big criteria... A small difference is fine for driving pleasure...

I infact went and test drove Fiesta Diesel and i found it really silent in Idle but extremely noisy while driving... Even more Noisier than my Current Palio D and Lanser Diesel...

Last edited by Rodeo : 4th December 2005 at 11:17.
Old 4th December 2005, 14:43   #29
BHPian

palio d is suprisingly a good car..... ford i think is a mistake by itself atleast in india .....
rodeo im glad you got such an outlook ... im sure ur decisions goin to tight ; )
insane devil i m assumin u forgot d smiley in ur last line!
Old 4th December 2005, 15:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo
... Even more Noisier than my Current Palio D and Lanser Diesel...
Serious??? I thought this was a 'refined' engine - everyone else seems to think it is....

Most Viewed