Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2005, 00:50   #46

A month ago, even after test driving both the cars ,i was in the same dillemma cos elentra is one excellent car and what makes it outstanding is its sticker Price ... but now i ve decided i would go for the octavia , mainly because of the reasons explained by Jazzyb and others ......

p.s. I was thinking of starting the same thread but rodeo you made my job easy and i would go with the majority of Bhpians , that you should go for the Octavia Diesel .
Old 13th December 2005, 02:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Well, Ive driven all the cars mentioned with an intention of comparison...To start of with, Elantra Diesel is only more noisier than Lancer D but easily less noisier than all the others including Palio D. Elantra is a phenominal VFM package but only if people dont have a natural avertion towards korean cars, I dont! elantra as someone already mentioned beats the hell out of all the other diesels in its in gear acceleration, trust me its hell torquey in higher gears over 2500-3000rpms. I saw tsk1979 mentioning the torque steer, puleeese, its bear minimum(thats how I feel may be coz I drive a VTEC ) But still, 1 stage upgrade of rubber will turn the car into a sheer pleasure machine. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I realy give 3 cheers to Hyundai for coming up with such an awesome package. I have done a 170kmph drive on my way to tumkur and trust me I simply loved it. If we are able to let go off the 'Korean company' inhibition I think Elantra is easily ahead of skoda(minus the tank like build), not to mention Fiesta!!![/SIZE]
Old 13th December 2005, 02:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

While both the cars are actually competitors I believe they are as different as chalk and cheese.

Elantra is that family car which is supposed to be value for money including every nuke and feature needed.

Octavia is more of a brand that skoda is selling in India. The tank like build and the brand recognition.

now you decide what you want to buy.

Most Viewed