Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 17:43   #31
BHPian

Krish3, when you Magnum is low mileage you are talking about KMPL?

Lancer Diesel and Fiesta Diesel on paper has similar power. Both 68 BHP. Fiesta has better Torque; 16.3 kgm against lancer's 12.5 kgm. Would this bring in a big (noticeable) difference to the driver?
Old 6th October 2010, 11:26   #32
BHPian

Fiesta with its high torque @ lower RPM is a much better car to drive (nil turbo lag) in the city compared to the Lancer.

The KMPL will be similar between Lancer and Magnum = 12~13 city / 17 H'ways

Lancer quality has suffered over the years due to localization.

@ Khoj: All 3 Magnum, Cruze and Capita share the same engine spec (1st engine from GM DAT) except for fixed GT on the Magnum and variable on Cruze/Captiva
Old 6th October 2010, 11:47   #33
BANNED

All the cars have been analysed here. I would recommend the Magnum with its 3 year package followed by the Dzire and finally the Lancer in that order. In case you can splurge, you could look at the Cruze as well.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@ Khoj: All 3 Magnum, Cruze and Capita share the same engine spec (1st engine from GM DAT) except for fixed GT on the Magnum and variable on Cruze/Captiva
Well the engine capacities might be similar which is 2.0L but I am quite sure that the one in the Optra is a Detroit Diesel motor which is far removed from GMDAT. I was looking for the resource on the GM website which had a very nice photo of the engine bay showing the words Detroit Diesel cast into the block but seems it has been removed. I will try and get a snap when I take my car for service the next time around.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:57   #35
BHPian

Checked up with the Chevy dealer, the Maintenance plan is for 2 years 50k for diesels and 3 years 100k for petrol.

Asked for a test drive (test drove 2 years back) he said he is waiting for a new car from chevy. It looks like they have been asked to use the new car to TD, which has some improvements. I dont know what, but will have to wait until next week for that.

Talked to the Mitsu guys in Chennai, looks like Mitsu diesel is BSIII and cannot be registered in Chennai. So I have to buy in some other city, if I am hell bent on this.
I will be visiting Madurai this weekend, where I will test drive to have a feel.
Old 6th October 2010, 15:14   #36
BHPian

Car&me -: I was indeed mentioning the kmpl for Magnum. The 2yr 50k package for diesels in news for me. I thought it was also covered under 3 yrs and 100k kms.

Mitsu diesel is indeed BSIII and unless you are very specific on getting BSIV model, there's nothing wrong in taking it.

My personal choice in your situation will be the Optra.
Old 20th October 2010, 07:16   #37

I am not sure if this fits here. Am planning to get an optra magnum diesel. The price difference quoted between the LS and LT versions is Rs 90,000 in Delhi. The major extras are safety features (ABS and Airbags), comfort (ACC) and cosmetic (leather seats). The car would be used primarily within Delhi with occassional (Twice a year) drives outside. I am unlikely to drive over 100 kmph even on highways.

Seeking opinion on whether the extra 90,000 is worth it. (I am already stretching my planned budget of Rs 7.5 - 8.00L to get the LS version at Rs 8.66 on road (Haryana registeration)

regards

Moderators: please shift this to an appropriate forum if this post does not fit here
Old 20th October 2010, 10:52   #38
BHPian

ABS & Airbags are a must for that powerful car, that 90K is well spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banarsi View Post
I am not sure if this fits here. Am planning to get an optra magnum diesel. The price difference quoted between the LS and LT versions is Rs 90,000 in Delhi. The major extras are safety features (ABS and Airbags), comfort (ACC) and cosmetic (leather seats). The car would be used primarily within Delhi with occassional (Twice a year) drives outside. I am unlikely to drive over 100 kmph even on highways.

Seeking opinion on whether the extra 90,000 is worth it. (I am already stretching my planned budget of Rs 7.5 - 8.00L to get the LS version at Rs 8.66 on road (Haryana registeration)

regards

Moderators: please shift this to an appropriate forum if this post does not fit here
Old 20th October 2010, 12:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
CRDi engines have very very reasonable lifespans. I have seen a number of Innova's that have crossed 250k kms without even requiring a clutch replacement. Recently sat in one and even at 288k the vehicle had very good pickup and no noise or rattle.

You will also find a lot of swifts that have done 150k+ without any major maintenance
add verna crdi to this list.highly reliable
Old 28th October 2010, 14:06   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banarsi View Post
Am planning to get an optra magnum diesel. The price difference quoted between the LS and LT versions is Rs 90,000 in Delhi. The major extras are safety features (ABS and Airbags), comfort (ACC) and cosmetic (leather seats). The car would be used primarily within Delhi with occassional (Twice a year) drives outside. I am unlikely to drive over 100 kmph even on highways.

I ditto that ! Even i'm planning for a Magnum LS which i'm getting for 8.3 L in Chandigarh. Mostly to be used for local driving.
However, the dealer is not giving any service package. Can someone confirm if dealers in other cities are still giving it ? If yes, does it comes for free or some additional charges ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks