Old 7th December 2005, 16:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Lets Compare Viva CRDi and Fiesta TDCi

Build Quality: Ford wins

Interiors: Again ford wins

Exteriors: Hmm 50 - 50

Comfort: Ford Fiesta all the way.

Acerage/FE: Both will be same but again time will tell coz hyundai dealers say 18 KMPL in CRDi and it gives 18 to almost everyone without AC. So i think ford will be also like 20 - 22 as they commit.

Performance: Accent win in pickup and stuff. As fiesta top speed is 155 and accents is 170

Engine: Fiesta wins with 4 cylinder engine and it is very refined engine.

Noise/Vibrations: Fiesta again.. There are vibration sensors too...

Space: Fiesta got better Boot space and leg room.

So overall Fiesta a better... and i have seen the 1st fiesta delivered. Its in Black Colour but its 1.4 Petrol.

Last edited by abhibh : 7th December 2005 at 16:44.
Old 7th December 2005, 17:01   #17
BHPian

Guys I drove both Accent crdi and Ford (Diesel and Petrol). Ford is good as you all have analysed in all respect other than initial pickup. The noise level in diesel is extremely low and difficult differentiate with petrol one. Crdi is amazing in pickup but noise hurts. Well with both are equal on cost (on road price fully loaded around 8-8.2 lacs) I think Fiesta is a better bet. Though I am still not very sure of 23 KMPL advertisement.
Old 7th December 2005, 19:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

I will go with Ford Fiesta anyday, specially if it is City only driving. Ford has got very good driveability in City, but in Outright performance, Accent wins. so,
Comfort+Refinement+Driveability=Ford
Performance+A.S.S=Hyundai

cheers..
Old 7th December 2005, 19:37   #19
cnu
BHPian

This weeks Auto Show featured road test of Fiesta 1.6 petrol and the diesel. The diesel engine is an all alluminium engine and is extremely refined. Has got excellent torque at low RPMs which means less gear shifts so very friendly in the city. Engine noise does not intrude into the cabin and Fiesta also has better leg space for rear seats. Overall Fiesta outscores Accent in many areas. There is no point in going for an Accent which is up for a facelift sooner.
Old 7th December 2005, 19:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

go in for the fiesta its lot more refined ,more spacious,has freshness feel that will last long,its better thought car and the only sore point is performance which is not as good as the hyundai but i bet when you will drive the fiesta it will never feel undepowered but dont expect second or thid gear wheelspins and that push from the seat and its got a nice bottom end that will be a boon in city driving and the car is expected to be more efficient than accent.
Old 9th December 2005, 12:50   #21
BHPian

abhibh , u must be kiddin when u say the Interior quality of Fiesta is better!

i had a testdrive of the Diesel and petrol fully loaded Fiesta's, and the interior quality in all except the TOP END PETROL, is HORRIBLE! ugh! see the door pads! they suck big time, and as usualy the plastic is hard plastic, like in Endeavour , where in just with ur nails u can put scratches on the dash!
The top end petrol version comes with leather and better doorpads.but dash quality still remaine 3rd grade. unfortunately for Ford!

Looks, Exterior Quality, Comfort, definately the Fiesta is great here.
Fuel Economy: well, both are gonna give the same mileage! the difference will surely not be worth talkin.

Performance: Well, Fiesta has better low end pickup, Accent's CDRi engine has the initial pickup lag, which i jus hate so much, but its present in all of Hyundai's CRDi engines! less in some, more in other.

Space, vibrations : Fiesta has bigger boot, and inside its a tad roomier than Accent. Vibrations definately less than Accent.

Overall Fiesta is a good car, but then, it lacks the A.S.S that Hyundai provides and also the Maintenence Economy that Hyundai gives, FORD just cant match it. every ford sparepart is quiet expensive compared to other cars in that segment!
Imagine ford pricing the Mondeo's Headlights costlier than the Merc E-Class'es! at times i think, not jus Skoda, but even FORD is into doping!
Old 10th December 2005, 01:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

My opinion is the Ford Fiesta would suit u right.
Its fuel effiecient, silent, comfortable.
About the low maintenance part, i suggest u get the extended warranty and u might be able to sleep peacefully for 3-4 yrs.
Old 10th December 2005, 03:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

I would go for a Fiesta simply because its the new kid on the block. I mean the Accent has been around for like ages ...unchanged and every gully has an Accent....why would I spend all that money for such an old shape.
Old 10th December 2005, 08:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Td both. If you find both equally tempting then....

1. go for the fiesta if you want a new car.
2. go for the accent if you want a tried and tested product with lots of freebies and discounts.
Old 12th December 2005, 13:07   #25
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I would go for a Fiesta simply because its the new kid on the block. I mean the Accent has been around for like ages ...unchanged and every gully has an Accent....why would I spend all that money for such an old shape.
exactly, this is why i didn't bought accent CRDI last year and went with new honda city
Old 13th December 2005, 02:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
exactly, this is why i didn't bought accent CRDI last year and went with new honda city

exactly and now you will find the NHC parked in each and every driveway in a year too.
Old 13th December 2005, 19:08   #27
BHPian

well no comments on NHC in each driveway. Atleast my drive way will feature Fiesta TDCi.....and i guess with the current figure of fiesta booking and 5-6 wks waiting, many driveways will also feature fiesta.
Old 13th December 2005, 21:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
exactly and now you will find the NHC parked in each and every driveway in a year too.
is that suppose to be bad?
if a product is good & everyone is getting it then buying same thing is bad ?
I am really curious
Old 13th December 2005, 22:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Thats why the launched the ZX model already with refreshing new looks. Accent was here long before NHC and still hasnt changed.
Old 13th December 2005, 22:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

No that doesnt suppose to be bad.. i think they just want to say that the car will become common as NHC... in some years..

Tell me if i am wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
is that suppose to be bad?
if a product is good & everyone is getting it then buying same thing is bad ?
I am really curious

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks