Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2005, 11:56   #31
BHPian

I guess so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorbyte
Hey Mike,

Looks like you need a car with good low end torque especially for city driving, a solid performer on the highway and last but not the least fuel economy. Well seems like the Fiesta Diesel could be the right car for you, its just this side of 8lakhs on road, with abs could go over 8, BTW did u catch the speed auto show on CNBC this week. Both Renuka and Hormarzd were gung ho about it and scored it above the city.... give it a spin and make up ur mind... believe me this baby is as refined as a petrol and personally I love the looks, especially looks svelte from the side. But ur apprehension is not misplaced since u said apna paisa hai bhai... Renuka thinks the fiesta diesel is a choice u can make with ur eyes closed if that makes it easier, especially since its expected to be great on fuel economy without compromising too much on the drive feel, which is what i miss in a city... my bets are on fiesta diesel for sure

personally I love all abt the city except its performance... which is the only reason I would buy a car anyway... and personally I think Ford machines are more driving enjoyment oriented than most.

Baleno has everything but refinement me thinks and its a tad old now... but a performer nonetheless, so great VFM

My vote is obvious since am FIDA... but do tell us after ur testdrive results dude.

Cheers
Abhijeet

Hey abhijeet ...thanx dude ..after reading your suggetion i am all the more confused caused you ve actually read my mind dude..these were the exact things going on in my mind...i would also go in for the fiesta but the kind of reviews i get 4 the company ford makes me think twice....especially the ASS and the high maintainence cost...fiesta also lacks a nice cabin ....dunno but after drivin the city i feel i would be compromising atleast on the built quality and the cabin quality.

mike
Old 12th December 2005, 12:09   #32
BANNED

Hi Mike, Optra 1.6 will definitely fit your budget. It's a damn good car. We've had one for a few months now and absolutely no issues. Great build quality, and good driveability for city use. Not a performance car, but definitely better than City and Fiesta in that department. And it feels like more of a "car" than the other two.

Service is also pretty good in Mumbai, and I think Chevrolet has just introduced the Optra with a 4 year warranty, so your parts and maintenance shouldn't be too expensive either. Frankly from all the cars mentioned here, I think the Optra fits your bill best.
Old 12th December 2005, 12:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Mike, Go for Honda City Vtec, itz a superb car!!!
Old 12th December 2005, 12:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Mike, Go for Honda City Vtec, itz a superb car!!!

That crosses the 8 lac mak and reaches the 9 l mark dude..thatz my concern..

mike
Old 12th December 2005, 12:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Hi Mike, Optra 1.6 will definitely fit your budget. It's a damn good car. We've had one for a few months now and absolutely no issues. Great build quality, and good driveability for city use. Not a performance car, but definitely better than City and Fiesta in that department. And it feels like more of a "car" than the other two.

Service is also pretty good in Mumbai, and I think Chevrolet has just introduced the Optra with a 4 year warranty, so your parts and maintenance shouldn't be too expensive either. Frankly from all the cars mentioned here, I think the Optra fits your bill best.

I agree dude...have been reading a lot about the optra i think i ll go and test drive one..
Whats the kind of mileage it gives you??
Old 12th December 2005, 12:36   #36
BHPian

Hey Mike,

As per the last ACI issue, the ASS and the cost of maintainence is high for both Ford and GM Optra, compared to others in the segment (Accent being the lowest followed by Baleno and City).

Also, since Fiesta and Fusion share the engine and some of the components, I think the very high spare parts costs of Fusion would be an issue with Fiesta as well.

On the performance part, the City ZX would suit your requirements well in the city, but you wont feel confident while overtaking on the highways - unless you go for higher-priced VTEC model.

Fiesta 1.6 would give you performance on both counts. And so would Optra 1.6, though a bit sluggish in the city.

Accent would provide you decent performance, but ASS and maintainence cost will never trouble you.
Old 12th December 2005, 17:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Honda Vity VTEC is 8 Lacs!

Mike, In Bangalore, the on-road price of City VTEC is 8.08 Lakhs! Where are U based?
Old 12th December 2005, 18:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Mike, In Bangalore, the on-road price of City VTEC is 8.08 Lakhs! Where are U based?
That would be ex-showroom 8.08 L .. add insurance and regn for OTR.
Old 12th December 2005, 18:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3d

WHICH FREAKIN CAR TO BUY!!
Mike

You've heard it all...now whats your decision?
Old 12th December 2005, 19:03   #40
BHPian

I guess i am fixing a test drive for the fiesta and the optra which i did not even think of before joining this brilliant forum.

will decide by the end of this year for sure.

but i will still keep posting and keep on taking some great inputs from such great set of people i have interacted in this forum.

Cheers to all
Mike
Old 12th December 2005, 19:25   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Smart shortlist. You cant go wrong with either (Optra 1.6 or Fusion)

GTO
Old 14th December 2005, 12:16   #42
BHPian

Ahem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Smart shortlist. You cant go wrong with either (Optra 1.6 or Fusion)

GTO
Sorry bout this but tell me what if i add the New Honda City to this shortlist of mine...does the fiesta and the optra really score above the city in terms of the built quality.
Old 14th December 2005, 15:13   #43
BHPian

dont know about the build quality but i am sure the optra does not score anywhere close to good in the F.E. sector...
Old 14th December 2005, 15:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

NHC no doubt a superb car, but I feel even Optra is a great car! I suggest you test drive these 3 cars - NHC, Optra and Fiesta and then take the final call. Choose between Optra & NHC! Good luck!
Old 14th December 2005, 17:25   #45
BHPian

The New Honda City would be the best bet. It's a decent city car, with good accessibility for getting in & out, mileage, resale & offcourse the reliability of Honda. Go for it, but u will not get much of bargains at the dealer as in the case for a Chevy or Ford.

A personal drive will give u that deciding factor.

Happy Hunting
Satish - Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks