Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2010, 23:07   #16
BHPian

@noopster, do take your TD of Laura, Vento again and Cruze at the earliest and if possible, one after the other. What I recommend is to call them home rather than going to the showroom to experience it for a longer distance. However, I feel there is big difference between Vento/City with Laura to justify the cost difference and not as much between cars like Superb and Passat. These share a lot of parts with Laura as well as platforms. Superb and Passat are better kitted with more luxurious features but scrape their bottoms to all the road humps here in Bangalore.
Old 30th October 2010, 21:22   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, so my decision got made in the weirdest possible way. The Skoda folks never turned up for the promised test drive. Considering I had to send them an email followed by 3 calls to the SR (who knows me), I have to treat that as an insult. Maybe I shouldn't have told them I had already booked the Vento- now they've probably pegged me as a non-serious buyer.

Am treating it as a sign and letting the Vento booking stand. Main reasons are:
  1. I did a feature for feature comparison of both and, though the Laura is safer and more powerful, the VFM offered by the Vento package wins out.
  2. Akshay's point about saving up for my next car really hit home! I'd rather get a "real" luxury car than a starter edition!
  3. You really *can* do a lot ith 6 big ones. Period!
Thanks all for helping out. Mods, you may close this thread!
Old 30th October 2010, 22:09   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator: Thread closed.

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th October 2010 at 22:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks