Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2005, 20:01   #1

Help me select a car

I am interested in buying a mid sized car and would like your help in selecting from the below list of cars all petrol models

1. Honda City VTEC
2. Ford Fiesta.
3. Hyundai Accent .
4. Chevrloet Optra.

Additional
5. Toyota Corolla.

Old 12th December 2005, 20:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand25
I am interested in buying a mid sized car and would like your help in selecting from the below list of cars all petrol models

1. Honda City VTEC
2. Ford Fiesta.
3. Hyundai Accent .
4. Chevrloet Optra.

Additional
5. Toyota Corolla.

Please state your requirements in detail - it will help you get a proper reply.

I would suggest you take the Accent out of the list and replace it with the Elantra which is allegedly 7.8 lakhs OTR now. Accent is dated, besides being smaller than the rest of them.

Finally, please post an introduction and go thru the forum rules. While we're glad to answer your query please understand this is a collaborative community where you GIVE and TAKE.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th December 2005 at 20:18.
Old 12th December 2005, 20:15   #3
BHPian

Fully Agree with Steeriod. Also would like to add; Please indicate you driving habits and other details which will help members guide you better.
Old 12th December 2005, 20:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Ya please give some details.. Though Optra is a car which got luxury as well as good power.

Again Elentra .. got luxury, power, features and unmatched price tag now days..

Honda city... It;s image is of nice city car so cant really compare it with Elentra and Optra as these two are wy beyond Honda City

As for fiesta 1.6 or 1.4.. Car is new and refreshing with good looks and goodies.. But cant really say anything about it as this baby is not much on road till now.. I have only seen 1 fiesta on road till now.. and that to i think was 1.4 model..

Hope this helps a little bit..

Old 13th December 2005, 02:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

hyundai elantra the best and most obvious choice.

optra comes a close second

Ford fiesta if you dont mind a small and cheaper car

corolla and vtec just not worth the price. you pay 40% for a brand thats not really luxurious.
Old 13th December 2005, 14:45   #6
BHPian

As everybody has said please give us your requirements in terms of budget, driving style/usage, needs (comfort/power) and priorities.

Of the above though I would suggest City VTEC or the Optra for power/modern looks as well as comfort.
Elantra is also a very well equipped car if you are okay with its looks.
Old 14th December 2005, 06:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

the lancer at 6.59 ex-showroom fully loaded is a good deal if you dont mind how underrated the car is at present.

Nothin comes close to it except the OHC vtec when you are comparing the fun to drive factor.

But now at around 7lakhs the elantra petrol makes for an excellent deal too.
Old 14th December 2005, 11:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punka23
3. Hyundai Accent
Well the current Accent is for sure a real comfy mid size car that makes u feel like ur in a big car. There's nothin to complain bout the car either. Spares are pretty nicely priced. The only major prob i found in any accent is that the front bumper is a little too light and weak compared to any other car. And yes, the new accent that's coming out might be better but its been given a NEW look.

4. Chevrolet Optra
I'd say this is the best of the lot if you dont care bout mileage. Its got good road presence, comfort is commendable. Not as good as an accent but good enough. It comes in with more features and a even more powerful engine.
Accent Comfy ???? I think you are talking about the driver seat.. Man accent is not at all comfy at back..

Secondly in which point optra is not as good as accent. Accent 1.5 petrol and optra 1.6 gives same FE... I agree spares of accent are cheaper than optra but they both are of different segments...

Old 14th December 2005, 23:27   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84

Nothin comes close to it except the OHC vtec when you are comparing the fun to drive factor.
lancer is too outdated car,for fun to drive have you forgot baleno,ikon and palio gtx.
Old 15th December 2005, 00:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
lancer is too outdated car,for fun to drive have you forgot baleno,ikon and palio gtx.

Please: Baleno is even more dated just for your information.

palio is certainly more fun to drive and gets my vote

but try handling a baleno, ikon and lancer at speeds above 100kmph. You will see the difference the evo chassis make.

lancer is as new as ikon and newer than the baleno

lancer is bigger than the ikon and baleno

lancer is equally FE as Baleno and more FE than IKOn

lancer accelerated a tad slower but makes up with high speed handling.

Its just that lancer has been too underrated these days that you dont find it potent enough.
Old 15th December 2005, 10:27   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but try handling a baleno, ikon and lancer at speeds above 100kmph. You will see the difference the evo chassis make.
Devarshi,

Though I love the Lancer, I would never go as far to say it has an EVO chassis. It does not! The EVO is a heavily modified and rally-conditioned chassis.

And various reviews have stated that the Baleno is much more stable at 100+ than a Lancer. I personally attest to this fact after having owned a Lancer for close to 1,00,000 kms.

GTO
Old 15th December 2005, 11:38   #12
BHPian

Quote:
And various reviews have stated that the Baleno is much more stable at 100+ than a Lancer. I personally attest to this fact after having owned a Lancer for close to 1,00,000 kms.
There's nothing wrong at all with the handling of the Baleno. Just upsize to wider tyres to see the difference. The steering feedback is also very accurate at high speeds.
And ofcourse performance wise the Baleno is so much more better than the Lancer(and many other cars in the C segmant).
Old 15th December 2005, 12:03   #13
Team-BHP Support

A little OT, but I find it a little strange that the most recommended cars on TBHP are ones
either the ones which do not sell or are about to be replaced with newer versions within 6 months, and in some cases cars which have already been discontinued
Old 15th December 2005, 12:31   #14
BHPian

GUYS
just for my info...
what is a second hand value for Elantra petrol/diesel...
and what are the FE... for both...
Old 15th December 2005, 12:37   #15
Team-BHP Support

One year old elantra crdi costs 6 lakhs. The petrol version is can be had from 4-6 lakhs depending on the condition. But there are not many on offer
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks