Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 21:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The Ford Ikon is a great VFM proposition.

If I am right, Ikon is not upgraded to BS4 and is not sold in Bangy. Someone please confirm.

Aditya, Dzire or SX4, reversing is a pain. I need someone to guide me to reverse my Dzire. Apart from that its a no nonsense car, it won't let you down.
Old 18th November 2010, 22:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Sadly and very reluctantly I'm going to have to sell off my esteem. Its a 2002 limited edition model and although its done 61000 kms (genuine) its time for a replacement.
In Dzire's price range you have very few sedans to choose from unless you want to chose base variant in a segment higher at Dzire's top variants price point.

What you have is:
Indigo Manza
Ikon
Accent
Aveo
Logan

You might leave aside Manza cause of Tata's quality/reliability issues and A.S.S. where as rest all are too old to be considered.

So you are left with Dzire!!
Old 18th November 2010, 23:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Given your requirements I would go with SX4 too
Old 19th November 2010, 10:48   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Only grouse is that its not a great looking car. No offence to DZire owners/lovers.
Well, it's also the least spacious, has sub-par ride comfort and the overall quality is strictly average. With a new Swift (and thus, platform) around the corner, I don't think you should buy a Dzire. Too long in the tooth now.

My suggestions to you as an enthusiast:

- New : Vento if open to diesel, Linea T-Jet if petrol

- Used : Used Civic. A low mileage, well maintained Civic will blow the value proposition of any new C segment car to smithereens

- Twist to the tale : If you aren't in a hurry, WAIT. The new Fiesta is just around the corner. Knowing Ford, it'll ride & handle well.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:09   #20
BHPian

Based on the image I have formed about you from the forum, I'd agree with ajmat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Used Fiesta 1.6 for a couple of years then go for something like a Cruze!
Interesting fact is, Fiesta 1.6 is one of the few cars that has low resale value in Bangalore, where everything costs so high.

Guessing you do number of inter-state trips, SX4 auto is not a good choice.

PS: With Ford, you don't need to do anything to be loud. They are born loud

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 19th November 2010 at 11:11.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sadly and very reluctantly I'm going to have to sell off my esteem. Its a 2002 limited edition model and although its done 61000 kms (genuine) its time for a replacement. Runs very well and today i drove it to work after a long time. Have fond memories of driving it on track and dont want to let it go but its too long now and we need a new car.
I dont know how much you will get for your Esteem, in my case my 2000 mpfi with 70k was quoted at 75-80k. So I decided to keep it and upgrade the AC to the new refrigerant, as R12 is no longer available. You can always use a second car.

The SX4 with its new engine rocks, an excellent buy. My friend who has both NHC and SX4, prefers the SX4 for its GC and performance. He claims that it is rock solid on the highways and the engine peppier.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:22   #22
Team-BHP Support

I am in the same dilemma as you (would be picking a hatch again) though have a Tata petrol for sundry works and other big Tata for out-station trips, but after driving European Cars, just can't go back to a Jap/Korean. (R15 vs competition has spoiled me )

As far as Ford goes, Figo's success is a testament that Ford is in the right direction and the upcoming Cars will pave a better future, though there always is a trade-off between MUL/Hyundai & others. (has been discussed to death on forums)

SX-4 seems as a good choice, but have you driven one? Did you like it?

Last edited by Sheel : 19th November 2010 at 11:25.
Old 19th November 2010, 13:20   #23
BHPian

If you have been happy with Maruti,then the best bet is to stick with them as their excellent customer care makes up for any shortcomings that the products have ! (Even Hyundai to an extent)

I would narrow myself down to the following :
- The new swift is going to be launched in Q1 of next year, if you can wait, the new Dzire should be coming soon after that.

- SX4, competent product, proven reliability, good GC, Maruti A.S.S.

- Toyota's Etios launch is just 2 weeks away, they are also targetting the Swift Dzire, it should be a very competent product.

- Pre owned cars like GTO mentioned would be a more VFM option, also considering your low usage.

- Ford/TATA/FIAT
Mixed bag, evaluate options before buying, the after sales service. is a major bother. Not sure about the resale values either.
Old 19th November 2010, 19:48   #24
BHPian

re

GTO:
Both of these cars are above Adi's budget, i guess. This is what I can make out from his post. Even, the pre-worshiped Civic and new fiesta will be in the range of these new cars. Can you suggest something else? I am also following this thread closely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- New : Vento if open to diesel, Linea T-Jet if petrol

Last edited by mohandas : 19th November 2010 at 19:52.
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

I would also not recommend the Dezire as it is bound to be replaced when the new Swift is launched.

Go for the SX4 ZXi Leather Manual or even try the Etios Vx. It will suit your needs.
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:46   #26
BHPian

Hi,

I am an SX4 owner and a maruti customer all through. It is a great car without any doubt. But considering that you mentioned that you will use it in a limited way, the you may not feel the benefits of SX4.

If you are not in a hurry, then I would suggest wait for the Etios, test drive and then take the call. On paper, things looks really good for Etios.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

The Toyota Etios has been launched at an extremely attractive price. This seems to be the best alternative to MUL offerings, as they had targeted the swift clientele while designing the Etios.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks