Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 13:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Etios or Fiesta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
how much is a fiesta EXI tdci coming out to be On road after discounts?
On road cost of Fiesta TDci EXi is 7.3L (as per Ford website) + Road tax+ Registration ex Delhi. Should easily go upto maybe 8.3L approx. AFAIK there are no year end discounts offered for Diesel Fiesta's. Only the petrol ones have huge discounts atleast in Western regions, dont know for Northern or other parts.
Old 21st December 2010, 14:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
On road cost of Fiesta TDci EXi is 7.3L (as per Ford website) + Road tax+ Registration ex Delhi. Should easily go upto maybe 8.3L approx. AFAIK there are no year end discounts offered for Diesel Fiesta's. Only the petrol ones have huge discounts atleast in Western regions, dont know for Northern or other parts.
Thats very wrong, atleast as far as kerala is concerned.

I am getting a Fiesta TDCi SXi for 8.82 lakhs on road, inclusive of 3rd and 4th year extended warranty, sun films, under body coating and exterior coating. This is after 45K straight cash discount and few other freebies.
The lowest version EXi has 71K flat cash discount for both petrol and diesel. Awesome value for money. Check it up before you buy.

Also, there could be Nov 2010 SVP (Special Edition) cars left over with the dealers which could be bought for amazing discounts. Check that out too.
Old 21st December 2010, 15:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Thats very wrong, atleast as far as kerala is concerned.

I am getting a Fiesta TDCi SXi for 8.82 lakhs on road, inclusive of 3rd and 4th year extended warranty, sun films, under body coating and exterior coating. This is after 45K straight cash discount and few other freebies.
The lowest version EXi has 71K flat cash discount for both petrol and diesel. Awesome value for money. Check it up before you buy.

Also, there could be Nov 2010 SVP (Special Edition) cars left over with the dealers which could be bought for amazing discounts. Check that out too.
As it is a known fact and seen in the past, Diesel limited editions and discounts are restricted to southern region only whereas petrol limited editions and discounts are for the rest of India. This has been discussed in one of the Fiesta threads also.

Dont know the logic of Ford India to do so but thats the fact. Also if you check out the Ford website it states that the December discounts are for Fiesta - no mention of petrol or diesel. If discounts are being given on Diesel Fiesta's in Kerala then it must be from the the dealer and not from Ford I suppose.
Old 21st December 2010, 15:16   #34
BANNED

The Fiesta anyday. Though the Etios is nice it still has the cheap car look specially inside. The Fiesta has a more premium feel.
Old 21st December 2010, 16:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Dont know the logic of Ford India to do so but thats the fact. Also if you check out the Ford website it states that the December discounts are for Fiesta - no mention of petrol or diesel. If discounts are being given on Diesel Fiesta's in Kerala then it must be from the the dealer and not from Ford I suppose.
I dont think so. The cash discount of 45k is from Ford. I am also getting corporate discount as well as some freebies. To the best of my knowledge the December Dhamaal offer is for both Petrol as well as Diesel, atleast in Kerala. I am not sure about any where else.

Sorry to go off topic. I would suggest your BIL to buy the Fiesta. The Etios is not really a premium sedan, from what we could see so far. Also its an unproven vehicle, even though coming from the Toyota stable.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 21st December 2010 at 16:01.
Old 21st December 2010, 16:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so. The cash discount of 45k is from Ford. I am also getting corporate discount as well as some freebies. To the best of my knowledge the December Dhamaal offer is for both Petrol as well as Diesel, atleast in Kerala. I am not sure about any where else.
So what you are trying to say is that you are getting 71k from Ford+45k from dealer off; that makes the total discount=71+45=1.16 lakh. Can't be true , right?
Old 21st December 2010, 17:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post

@vignesh_ny - Today every car maker chant the same mantra, try to reduce the weight of the car by all means without compromising on the safety. The reduction is to bring more efficiency to the car with better fuel efficiency.
@Camchennai- The etios falls in the same league of cars made for India like Dzire whose rear steps out under hard braking and Manza both of which have no EURO NCAP or safety ratings. Science calls for more metal alongside the crumple zones to provide safety. This optimization of lower weight to increase FE means that safety is compromised in some way.
Old 21st December 2010, 17:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
So what you are trying to say is that you are getting 71k from Ford+45k from dealer off; that makes the total discount=71+45=1.16 lakh. Can't be true , right?
cannot be true! But that is not what he meant. He means that the 45K discount that he availed from dealership is from Ford but not a one off offer from dealership. 1.16lakh discount on Fiesta and I am relocating to Kerala!!

BTW Abhi rest the case and let us know your BIL's decision, our decision more or less is unanimous it shouts FIESTA!
Old 21st December 2010, 17:58   #39
BHPian

Well. I think most are saying Fiesta is better. I have not driven either the Fiesta or the Etios. However, my comments are purely from information i have gained from this forum.

I think most will agree that Toyota commands a very healthy resale value and Ford is just the opposite. Now, if i were to buy, i would not really think about resale value, because i know i will keep the car for upwards of 5 years. However, if the OP thinks this is a car that may not be kept for long (means 5 yrs plus), then i suggest an Etios - purely from financial point of view.

Secondly, one might think the diesel is more economical. I asked a friend of mine who booked the Etios - who had almost bought the Manza, but decided on the Etios. He is a very practical guy, and generally has sold all his cars around in around 3 years. His running is pretty high (60km per day), and he think Etios petrol is still a better buy simply because it would have a way better resale value than a Tata (even with the diesel advantage).
Old 21st December 2010, 18:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
I don't think so Fiesta would be sold along with the newer model due to price variation, new product sales would get hit if they still sell old Fiesta at a lesser price. People would opt for old model since it has the same engine and price difference would not be more 1 or 1.5L. 1.6 will yield a mileage of 8 or 9 and not more than that
The outgoing Fiesta will be sold along with the new one but it will not have as many variants. The Ikon is being phased out and this will be filling the gap.
Old 21st December 2010, 18:15   #41
BHPian

From the reviews I've read/seen of Etios, I would recommend a Fiesta. Go for Zxi (middle varient) that comes with ABS++. And if he can stretch the budget more, Fiesta 1.6S - nothing anywhere close to that.
Old 21st December 2010, 18:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
cannot be true! But that is not what he meant. He means that the 45K discount that he availed from dealership is from Ford but not a one off offer from dealership. 1.16lakh discount on Fiesta and I am relocating to Kerala!!
Let me clarify my statement. Ford is offering cash discounts for Fiesta, 'upto 45k for the ZXi and the SXi' and 'upto 71K for the EXI'. So the max one can get is 71K. In addition I am also getting some more dealer discounts, bringing my final OTR to 8.82 in place of 9.35 odd. I am no where getting 1.16 lakhs off on the Fiesta. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
The outgoing Fiesta will be sold along with the new one but it will not have as many variants. The Ikon is being phased out and this will be filling the gap.
This is what I heard from the Ford dealership as well. Ikon would soon go out and Fiesta will be repositioned to accommodate the new Sedan. I dont have any proofs for the same though, so will wait until the drama unfolds.

I think we are going way . Lets see what the OP and his BIL finally decides
Old 21st December 2010, 18:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW Abhi rest the case and let us know your BIL's decision, our decision more or less is unanimous it shouts FIESTA!
YIPEE! The case is rested as far as arguments go. He has decided on the Fiesta. Whether he can fit a diesel in the budget is the only aspect to be decided. Else, it will be 1.6 petrol Fiesta EXi. BTW, is there any diff between 'limited edition' and EXi?
Thanks a lot guys! I will keep you posted of all the developments.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 21st December 2010 at 18:39.
Old 21st December 2010, 18:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

When you get a complete package for a real bargain, do you really bother about resale value after 5 years ? None of the cars will get any resale value after 5 years as the trend that time would be hybrid or hydro-powered engines or engines that use whatever fuel that becomes affordable. 'Looks' is a personal thing, some people love the look of vintage cars than the latest edition of Ferrari. Any design in the market could go outdated in an year or two as we know from history.

I drive a Fiesta and I can vouch for its reliability, comfort, service, affordable maintenance and overall perfection. Mine is a 2nd generation fiesta (head light shape upgrade etc.), there might be a 3rd generation coming up too, but does it stop the first generation to dump their fiestas ? NO. We still have 3 generations of WagonR in the market, it doesn't make the first generation feel bad.

Etios is very new, none to give a real, practical ownership experience. And its targeted for the hatch back customers who could upgrade to a sedan and feel proud of owning a sedan. As the first batch is yet to hit the road, we might have many uncertainties about various things. Toyota is a reliable brand, my first car was a Corolla back in 2003. But Etios may not be anything closer to that quality/class considering its pricing.

If I am given a choice of 6 laks, I would line up my priorities as Fiesta, Dzire, Etios. Dzire is not a bad choice as considered by many proud owners. If the Dzire boot is odd shaped, Etios boot is not spared too
Old 21st December 2010, 19:29   #45
BHPian

Congrats on the decision to go with the Fiesta. The base version EXi OTR in Kerala after 70K discount is 7.32 lakhs. Would this be a big stretch? If so I would say a petrol Zxi with ABS would be a much wiser choice, safety wise. Do keep us updated and all the best.

Most Viewed