Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2011, 13:47   #61
BHPian

Re: Etios or Fiesta?

Note to self: Never post while talking on the phone.

Sorry
The reason for not choosing the S version was that the color Sea Grey wasnt available.
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Late entrant!

Quote:
Aveo ONLY if CNG is needed. Otherwise there is nothing unique about the sedan. The 1.4 engine is dull to respond and gearbox is still not upto mark despite improvements being made in 2009. Resale value is also dreadful. But for a sensible hassle free to own factory fitted CNG vehicle, the aveo is a good option.
As my friend Sid said, the Aveo seems to be a sensible option. It is boring but offers 'cheap' running costs. If I were going for a car for myself I would have picked up a used CIVIC for 6-6.5 lacs. However, for a young kid who has just started working, running cost is a big factor. Muh' man will test drive the Aveo CNG and I shall give everybody a first hand report.

BTW, I am well aware the this will not be a t-bhp choice of car!
Old 4th January 2011, 12:42   #63
BHPian

I was also in a dilema last month on choosing a diesel ....and i was strictly looking for a VFM sedan and i picked ikon tdci.
Old 4th January 2011, 12:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

DONE Deal!

OK Guys... Thanks for your inputs. The boy has already paid the booking amount and was awaiting loan proceedings.

He is supposed to receive the car tomorrow
Old 17th February 2011, 13:46   #65
BHPian

Hi fellow bhpians,

I’m also in a similar dilemma – confused between Etios and Fiesta.

I am buying this car primarily for my Dad (who is currently using Santro). His requirements are:
- Sedan – don’t want a hatchback
- Should be within budget of around 7.5 lakhs
- Should have good fuel economy (monthly running will be around 1500 kms)
- Should be easy and economical to maintain

Manza has been rules out, as we don’t want the Tata brand. We don’t want dzire either as we already have a Swift Diesel in our garage – don’t want a similar car again.

So, of all choices available in the market, we have zoomed down to either of Fiesta 1.4 TDCi or Etios. Infact, I already had booked the Etios in December, but after taking couple of test drives, I am contemplating of cancelling it.

I have got the following quotations from the dealers:
- Toyota Etios Vx – 7.21 lakhs approx
- Ford Fiesta TDCi ZXi – 8.20 lakhs approx
- Ford Fiesta TDCi EXi Special Edition – 7.20 lakhs approx

What do you guys suggest? Which one to go far?
Old 17th February 2011, 14:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Wait for the new Fiesta launch. Etios anyways has a huge backlog or orders and are in position to expedite the delivery. By the time you might get one the new Fiesta must have been launched, so you dont want to regret later.

I hope Ford will take sufficient steps during the new Fiesta launch so that the bookings can be honored or else it will be another Etios in making as far as delivery is concerned.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Wait for the new Fiesta launch. Etios anyways has a huge backlog or orders and are in position to expedite the delivery. By the time you might get one the new Fiesta must have been launched, so you dont want to regret later.

I hope Ford will take sufficient steps during the new Fiesta launch so that the bookings can be honored or else it will be another Etios in making as far as delivery is concerned.
But, will the new fiesta priced in 7-8 lakhs category? The info I got from the salesman, was that the new fiesta will be priced in the range of 10-12 lakhs.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Hi fellow bhpians,

I’m also in a similar dilemma – confused between Etios and Fiesta.

I am buying this car primarily for my Dad (who is currently using Santro). His requirements are:
- Sedan – don’t want a hatchback
- Should be within budget of around 7.5 lakhs
- Should have good fuel economy (monthly running will be around 1500 kms)
- Should be easy and economical to maintain

Manza has been rules out, as we don’t want the Tata brand. We don’t want dzire either as we already have a Swift Diesel in our garage – don’t want a similar car again.

So, of all choices available in the market, we have zoomed down to either of Fiesta 1.4 TDCi or Etios. Infact, I already had booked the Etios in December, but after taking couple of test drives, I am contemplating of cancelling it.

I have got the following quotations from the dealers:
- Toyota Etios Vx – 7.21 lakhs approx
- Ford Fiesta TDCi ZXi – 8.20 lakhs approx
- Ford Fiesta TDCi EXi Special Edition – 7.20 lakhs approx

One thing, if you didn't like it when test driving it then you won't like it when owning it. Did you test-drive Fiesta? What is your impression after TD?

Have you considered Linea? And Vento as well?

Last edited by rajushank84 : 17th February 2011 at 14:27.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, Etios can't be compared with Fiesta. Fiesta is much better in most aspects, except may be the reliability of Toyota brand and A.S.S.

I would strongly recommend you to wait for 1-2 quarters, if there is no emergency. Ford is launching the new Fiesta 2011 and Fiesta hatch this year. Both of them look really enticing.

If you can't wait at all, then Fiesta 1.6S is THE car to go for. Thousands of pages have written about how great is this car. Also, there are huge discounts on the current Fiestas (40+).

So, its Ford Fiesta IMO.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Surprise Surprise! I thought this thread had lived its life cycle when my BIL decided to buy Fiesta but I was obviously wrong.

Out of the two, I will recommend the Fiesta. Anytime--Anywhere. However, unlike my BIL, who had a strict budget of 6 lacs, you have more money to play with.

Which fuel type do you prefer? Or rather, in Diesel a need or 'nice to have'?

If you are ok with petrol:

1. Vento Trendline: It may be the base version, but you can spend another 20k for ICE to make it hep. There is Wiston head unit which is better than OEM elsewhere fitted on the forum.
2. SX4: Tried and tested.
3. New Verna: This is just around the corner. Petrols should be in your range.
4. New Fiesta: The base petrols should be in your range.

if you want diesel, you can consider Linea 1.3 MultiJet 7.5. on road after the discounts are factored in. If you insist of the Fiesta, it is still a good vehicle. Go ahead and buy it.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta without doubt.

The spares at Ford are not as expensive as its made out to be.
Yes, the labour charges at the *** is expensive.

However, Ford is a relianbe car and will bring smiles to your face in terms of sheer drivability.

Etios... I guess its too boring!!!

My vote--- Definitely and infinitely the Ford Fiesta.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:09   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
IMHO, Etios can't be compared with Fiesta. Fiesta is much better in most aspects, except may be the reliability of Toyota brand and A.S.S.

I would strongly recommend you to wait for 1-2 quarters, if there is no emergency. Ford is launching the new Fiesta 2011 and Fiesta hatch this year. Both of them look really enticing.

If you can't wait at all, then Fiesta 1.6S is THE car to go for. Thousands of pages have written about how great is this car. Also, there are huge discounts on the current Fiestas (40+).

So, its Ford Fiesta IMO.
I have read somewhere on this forum that Hatch version of the new Fiesta is not expected this year for sure.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I have read somewhere on this forum that Hatch version of the new Fiesta is not expected this year for sure.
That is really sad. I am really waiting for this hatch. It looks just amazing. I was checking out the Ford USA site and the car looks mind blowing.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:25   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
One thing, if you didn't like it when test driving it then you won't like it when owning it. Did you test-drive Fiesta? What is your impression after TD?

Have you considered Linea? And Vento as well?
Yes, I took Fiesta TDCi's test drive, and found it to be much better overall than Etios.

Linea and Vento, are out of my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

So, its Ford Fiesta IMO.
Fiesta 1.6S is a petrol sedan. If it is going be fiesta, I would prefer the diesel version just to enjoy the price difference between Petrol & Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Which fuel type do you prefer? Or rather, in Diesel a need or 'nice to have'?

1. Vento Trendline: It may be the base version, but you can spend another 20k for ICE to make it hep. There is Wiston head unit which is better than OEM elsewhere fitted on the forum.

if you want diesel, you can consider Linea 1.3 MultiJet 7.5. on road after the discounts are factored in. If you insist of the Fiesta, it is still a good vehicle. Go ahead and buy it.
Not interested in Linea. I don't want to go anywhere near the tata workshops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Fiesta without doubt.

The spares at Ford are not as expensive as its made out to be.
Yes, the labour charges at the *** is expensive.

However, Ford is a relianbe car and will bring smiles to your face in terms of sheer drivability.

Etios... I guess its too boring!!!

My vote--- Definitely and infinitely the Ford Fiesta.
Yes, I'm too tilting towards Fiesta diesel
Old 17th February 2011, 15:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What about the rest of the options? Not interested in petrol? If so, Fiesta looks to be your only option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks