Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:54   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Etios or Fiesta?

It's Fiesta for me without a doubt.

The 1.6 petrol engine is excellent, great handling, much better quality interiors and feels more premium than the Etios.
The Etios' only advantage is the space on offer, and the reliability associated with the Toyota badge (though yet to be proven).
Also, no waiting period for the Fiesta! Make sure you get a good deal on the Fiesta as the new one is around the corner which will adversely affect the resale value of the current model.
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:20   #92
rv3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
8.7 lakhs for current Fiesta diesel ZXI looks way over the standard price. Can you share the break up?
Ex-Showroom - R.7,49,505
Road Tax - 1,15,625
Addl. Accessories - 10,000 (leather seat)
Total = 875130
Insurance - 14750
Total On-road = 889880

Do you think the above price is expensive?
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:26   #93
BHPian

@rv3 - I hope you have taken quotes from competing dealers.

On the ZXI, you should certainly bargain hard and avail of cash discounts/ free insurance etc. Just trying to subtly let you know that 8.89 may not be the best price
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:03   #94
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv3 View Post
Total On-road = 889880

9 lakhs for a 6 year old small Fiesta in Year 2011! That's not expensive, it's robbery.

Please (and I mean it) WAIT for the all new Fiesta. It's only a quarter or two away. Sorry to say this for a car you just booked, but the current Fiesta is simply NOT worth 9 lakh rupees.
Old 24th February 2011, 00:23   #95
BHPian

With all due respect to GTO's opinion - irrespective of the 6 years it has spent in the indian market, the Fiesta 1.4 TDCI is still a very, very good car. The new Fiesta promises to be an even better car with a more powerful engine, more modern interiors etc - but CERTAINLY will be priced higher than the current fiesta. If pricing of the new SX4 diesel provides any indication, expect new fiesta between 7.8 to 9 lacs (ex-showroom). Also, Ford has officially mentioned the new Fiesta would be a 'premium sedan' - so, will only be very pleasantly surprised if actual prices at lower.

Take your pick - if you go with the current fiesta, make sure you strike a good bargain!

Last edited by RoadTiger : 24th February 2011 at 00:30.
Old 24th February 2011, 09:16   #96
rv3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
@rv3 - I hope you have taken quotes from competing dealers.

On the ZXI, you should certainly bargain hard and avail of cash discounts/ free insurance etc. Just trying to subtly let you know that 8.89 may not be the best price
8.89 lacs is after a 65000 discount. I have done 4 months of research and this was the best car at this rate with mileage, power, driving experience and comfort.
Old 24th February 2011, 09:20   #97
rv3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
9 lakhs for a 6 year old small Fiesta in Year 2011! That's not expensive, it's robbery.

Please (and I mean it) WAIT for the all new Fiesta. It's only a quarter or two away. Sorry to say this for a car you just booked, but the current Fiesta is simply NOT worth 9 lakh rupees.
@GTO - thanks for your concern but this was 'the best available' for the price, quality and driving comfort. A fully loaded car (including ABS + leather seats) at 8.89 is good to me.

I've enquired quite a lot about new Fiesta and what RoadTiger says is true. The new Fiesta will come in 6 variants, including a hatchback. The sedan will be above 11 lacs on road and hatchback will be 7 lacs.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:10   #98
rv3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
With all due respect to GTO's opinion - irrespective of the 6 years it has spent in the indian market, the Fiesta 1.4 TDCI is still a very, very good car. The new Fiesta promises to be an even better car with a more powerful engine, more modern interiors etc - but CERTAINLY will be priced higher than the current fiesta. If pricing of the new SX4 diesel provides any indication, expect new fiesta between 7.8 to 9 lacs (ex-showroom). Also, Ford has officially mentioned the new Fiesta would be a 'premium sedan' - so, will only be very pleasantly surprised if actual prices at lower.

Take your pick - if you go with the current fiesta, make sure you strike a good bargain!

Got the pricing of new SX4 Diesel in today's newspapers. VDI is 7.8 lacs and ZDI is 8.62 lacs ex-showroom. 90 @ 4000 and 200 @ 1750 are power/torque numbers. On road will easily come to 9.3 for VDI and 10.4 for ZDI (in Bangalore).
Old 24th February 2011, 12:05   #99
BHPian

@ Rv3, I also think the current Fiesta is still the best in parameters like handling/fun to drive/build quality etc. I paid 8.2L (minus the leather seats) almost one and half years back for ZXI and after that, I thought rates were reduced further. Did they increase it again recently? I think you could've bargained better.

Btw, we now have official confirmation that new Fiesta is coming only in Q3 this year. That would've been a long wait.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:22   #100
rv3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
@ Rv3, I also think the current Fiesta is still the best in parameters like handling/fun to drive/build quality etc. I paid 8.2L (minus the leather seats) almost one and half years back for ZXI and after that, I thought rates were reduced further. Did they increase it again recently? I think you could've bargained better.

Btw, we now have official confirmation that new Fiesta is coming only in Q3 this year. That would've been a long wait.
I did check with multiple car dealers and most of them quoted similar prices. Even did a Pune to Bangalore comparison and found few differences. Did get the leather seat partly funded by the dealer and the 3M CS35 sun control film (worth Rs.4800) + usual stuff like mud flaps/mats, etc.

Moreover, mine is a company purchase and I stand to benefit anyways in terms of tax exemption . Got Rs.9,000 discount on the insurance premium due to company purchase and that's a big bonus for me. Don't think many will get this price in Bangalore with the added freebies by the dealer.
Old 24th February 2011, 15:07   #101
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations

As far as looks go, despite being around, the Fiesta looks much better than Etios. I have briefly driven the Etios and the centrally mounted console gets my goat.

There are two advantages of the Etios, but somehow they are snubbed.

1) New Car, Yes, but w/o any freshness in design and it just appears as a distict cousin to Logan (?)

2) High revving 90bhp petrol mill, well it can show the Fiesta a clean pair of heels in a straight-line, but some might prefer the feel of a Fiesta especially in corners with good efficiency to boot even if the shifts happen at 3,000 revs.

I would have bought a Fiesta 1.6S or a Linea Diesel at that price point and if Vento TDi can be accommodated, well nothing like it.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th February 2011 at 15:09.
Old 24th February 2011, 18:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Ex-Showroom - R.7,49,505
Road Tax - 1,15,625
Addl. Accessories - 10,000 (leather seat)
Total = 875130
Insurance - 14750
Total On-road = 889880

True man. Well, I know that cars in Bangy are reallllly expensive. But, whatever be the reason, I simply wouldn't have put hard earned 9 lakhs on a 6 year old car. Also, keep in mind that I started the thread with a strict constraint of 6 lcs budget. Had my BIL had 9 lacs to spare, he would have bought ANHC(petrol)/Vento(diesel).

In fact, I would rather have a more high quality car with lower features than an older car with more features. ANd besides, none of the Fords will ever be costly. They just can't price it very high. If I were you, I'd wait a and buy 'new' Fiesta base/middle version diesel for the same price.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:11   #103

Wonder if someone could give me a shootout of the Fiesta Classic Diesel wrt the Etios Diesel? My budget is 7-8 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks