Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 15:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Etios or Fiesta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
What about the rest of the options? Not interested in petrol? If so, Fiesta looks to be your only option.
Not too much interested in petrol. The diesel variants of all these cars are going to exceed my budget, I believe.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Not too much interested in petrol. The diesel variants of all these cars are going to exceed my budget, I believe.
If you are not too much interested in Petrol, then this discussion is as good as over and out.

Fiesta is the only one you are left with buddy, since you are not interested in any other diesel compact sedans at this price band.

Let us know when you book your Fiesta.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:54   #78
BANNED

Woof First of all you need a diesel car and out of the two which you have shortlisted there is only one D and thats FIESTA..Ethios is a petrol and would be expensive for running 1500kms a month.

Now the next dilemma is once the new fiesta is launched i guess the price of current fiesta (to be renamed as Fiesta Classic) will be dropped.so probably you can wait for that to happen .

Another possibility is that they may discontinue the TDIC in current fiesta and have only Petrol like the accent.

Go for the FIESTA..
Old 18th February 2011, 18:10   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But, will the new fiesta priced in 7-8 lakhs category? The info I got from the salesman, was that the new fiesta will be priced in the range of 10-12 lakhs.
Fat chance of that happening. Ford is on a VFM roll (PROVEN by the Figo) and the C segment is hotting up (VFM Vento pricing, new Verna around the corner). The next-gen Fiesta will also be a 7 - 8 lakh rupee sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
IMHO, Etios can't be compared with Fiesta. Fiesta is much better in most aspects, except may be the reliability of Toyota brand and A.S.S.
Why can't it be compared? The Etios is as fast, is w-a-a-y more spacious, has excellent driveability and a nice ride. Fiesta advantages : Outright advantage in handling and better quality interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Etios... I guess its too boring!!!
Have you driven it? I can tell you that, in the 6 lakh rupee segment, it is the most fun to drive on the open road. The handling is even better than the Altis and it's quick! Of course, the Fiesta is more entertaining, but that doesn't make the Etios "boring".
Old 18th February 2011, 19:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why can't it be compared? The Etios is as fast, is w-a-a-y more spacious, has excellent driveability and a nice ride. Fiesta advantages : Outright advantage in handling and better quality interiors.
Completely agreed. Just to add to it, they both are available at almost the same price. Etios mid version=Fiesta limited/Exi version on price. That is exactly why I started this thread at the first place.

Quote:
Have you driven it? I can tell you that, in the 6 lakh rupee segment, it is the most fun to drive on the open road. The handling is even better than the Altis and it's quick! Of course, the Fiesta is more entertaining, but that doesn't make the Etios "boring".
True again. The Etios 'looks' boring. But is not boring to drive. Don't get fooled by its 90 PS power rating either. It feels quite quick in the real world. The engine doesn't sound smooth though. The Corolla, on the other hand, is a true 'statesman's car'. This may be taking it too far, but I have always felt that young people look odd while driving Corolla. They look at home driving a CIVIC though.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 18th February 2011 at 19:31.
Old 18th February 2011, 23:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

It is Fiesta all the way.
Etios may be fast but Fiesta will be even faster.
No one beats Fiesta in Handling.
Have you seen the interior pics of Fiesta. Mind boggling. Etios, as boring as Alto.
Same story with the exteriors.
In fact Etios looks cheap, feels cheap and screams cheap from all angles.

The only advantage that Etios has is the Toyta badge and most probably better FE. Might have more space as well. (not sure about space in new fiesta)

Etios is a great entry level sedan. But comparing it with the next segment is unfair.

CONCLUSION
Fiesta- For fun to drive
Etios- For toyota reliability
Old 19th February 2011, 00:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

I would not even think twice before choosing Etios. I would like to get a car that is

A. Reliable - I would like to think that Etios will have a very slight advantage
B. Spacious - I am not sure how many of us have tried the Fiesta. I test drove it extensively before I purchased my Baleno. Well, the Fiesta was cramped compared to the Baleno while I personally find the Etios more spacious.
C. Optional Safety Package - @ 45k, the ABS and Airbags package that Toyota offers, is something that allows one of enjoy the safety of a much more expensive variant, a a marginally higher price.
D. Option to change - A significantly higher resale means that the option to be able to change to another model, something that might be important to a young person, is not a very difficult one to exercise.

Where Fiesta scores is better internal refinement, plastics as well as marginally better handling. Overall, I believe that the Etios offers more on my terms of reference. So much so that it is not even a fair contest.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 19th February 2011 at 00:48.
Old 19th February 2011, 04:38   #83
BHPian

For Ford:
Better quality interiors
Better exterior looks
Definitely a more upmarket car
Better handling
More Fun to Drive ( Superbly weighted HPS)
Zero/Minimal wait period []

My guess is that once the diesel Etios arrives around the end of 2011, it will go the Logan taxi way.
Old 21st February 2011, 01:01   #84
BHPian

Now, this comes from someone who has extensively driven the fiesta tdci and has test-driven the etios 3 times including in bumper-to-bumper traffic as well as 120+ on the highway.

Choice depends on your priorities
Etios - Space, reliability, fun-to-drive (definitely enthusiast-oriented, like revving) and willing to do with buzzy engine, road noise in cabin and very basic functional interiors

Fiesta - Ride is best-in-class (etios is good, but no match for the fiesta at high speeds), Handling is great, Interiors are very acceptable at this price, nowhere as spacious as the Etios, feels a lot more stable at high speeds than the etios, Superb steering, cabin feels more silent in the diesel fiesta than in the petrol etios

Loves to drive and is high-revving driving enthusiast = Etios
Loves to drive but values stability, feeling to being sure-footed = Fiesta

The fiesta tdci is known to be truly fuel-efficient and the etios promises to be.

Make the right choice for you - All the best !
Old 21st February 2011, 10:54   #85
BHPian

Thanks guys for your inputs and suggestions.

So, I have decided to get my Etios booking canceled. Now, the only question remaining in my mind is should I wait for the new Fiesta, or go ahead and pick up the existing one.

The new fiesta I believe will be launched in June/July, and will be priced little bit on the higher side than the current fiesta. My budget is max 8 lakhs on road. I don't want to go beyond it.

The current one will cost me about 7.2 for the Exi Special edition version and about 8.1 for the Zxi version. I guess once I decide, I will be able to push the salesman for more discounts.

Please help in making a decision.

Any idea, when is the new fiesta getting launched?
Old 21st February 2011, 12:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, I have decided to get my Etios booking canceled. Now, the only question remaining in my mind is should I wait for the new Fiesta, or go ahead and pick up the existing one.

The new fiesta I believe will be launched in June/July, and will be priced little bit on the higher side than the current fiesta. My budget is max 8 lakhs on road. I don't want to go beyond it.

The current one will cost me about 7.2 for the Exi Special edition version and about 8.1 for the Zxi version. I guess once I decide, I will be able to push the salesman for more discounts.

I feel the new Fiesta is worth waiting for, but still we don’t have a visibility on the launch date and subsequent waiting periods
Old 21st February 2011, 12:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you can wait for the new Fiesta, then do so. The base diesel version will almost certainly be priced within your budget. See, the Vento Trendline retails for 7.99 ex-showroom. I expect the new Fiesta to be lower than that for sure. Ford doesn't have any premiumness associated with its brand so simply can't price any of its cars more than the respective VW/Honda cars. Assuming, 7.5 L for base diesel, this should fall in your budget. If you are particular about features though, it may be a hard stretch.

Also, they have played the VFM card to perfection with Figo., They will follow their success strategy for sure!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 21st February 2011 at 12:36.
Old 21st February 2011, 19:34   #88
BHPian

Apparently, the new fiesta is being expected around may/june timeframe.

Currently, the fiesta limited edition tdci retails for approx 6.9 ex-showroom or thereabouts. This one doesnt have ABS or airbags. We all know the limited edition is the closest ford has come to VFM pricing on the fiesta. I feel ford may skimp a few more features and price it about 30-40 k lower at max. Am not sure if Ford has elbowroom to price it lower than 6.5 - at that price point, it is certainly in competitive zone with similar models of dzire and manza.

Given that the new fiesta will come with a 1.6L diesel engine and will certainly target vento, ANHC - my guess is it will price its base version at least around 7.5 to 8 lacs - with higher versions closer to 9 lacs (ex-showroom)

The VFM strategy has worked wonders with the Figo - so, Ford will certainly want to follow suit - but figo has volumes, the new fiesta will target a much more niche audience - so, ability to price at VFM levels is a question mark?
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:46   #89
rv3
BHPian

I have booked a Fiesta TDCi ZXI at 8.7 lacs on road, with free accessories (like sun control film, mud flaps, part of leather seat cost, mats) from the dealer. Did a lot of research on Diesel models and this is the one which suited my budget and comfort.
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:41   #90
BHPian

8.7 lakhs for current Fiesta diesel ZXI looks way over the standard price. Can you share the break up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks