Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2011, 17:40   #61

Re: Toyota Etios VX or Honda Jazz X?

Thanks, @suhaas307!

Few points I missed calling out in my earlier post: There were several "delight" moments while "discovering" the new car:

=> Honda SIEL provides free 4-year extended warranty! Also, a free 4-year India-wide subscription to road-side assistance (including towing, etc.)! (Actual cost is Rs 1,200 per year.) The salesman actually told me to not even bother changing a flat tyre myself, and to just call them up anytime.

=> The multi-function display: Shows instant FE as a horizontal bar chart of 0 - 40 kmpl. I daresay this can be dangerous, as I am now obsessed with trying to keep the bar as high as possible during driving! Coasting actually shoots the instant mileage to 40kmpl, and is slowly becoming my preferred style (in good competition to the BLR autorickshaws)! The other display that can be toggled shows one of avg FE, range (DTE), odo and trip meter. There are six levels of brightness for the meter lights (which btw are always on as long as the ignition is on!).

=> Cabin lights come on (theatre-dimming) on unlocking, and remain on till the engine is fired. On turning the engine off too, the lights come on automatically.

Had I known these details before booking, I daresay my decision to go for Honda Jazz would have been easier!
Old 20th April 2011, 19:45   #62
BHPian

Congrats on buying a Jazz!!
All i can say is that it is truly an international car. It might not have some of the latest features like bluetooth, but hey, it does make up for it in the other departments like fit/finish, quality etc.

Unfortunately, the Indian market is not yet that mature to recognize this as a good car. Perhaps, majority of the Indians still look for value in terms of number of seats/space/mileage/power. Refinement is not really high on most people's minds...
Old 20th April 2011, 19:51   #63
BHPian

I saw this thread and immediately thought of suggesting you Jazz on a point blank and voila..!! you've already made the right choice.
Congrats on your purchase. you've bought a true hot hatch and not a cost-cut indo-jap venture, NOM for those who've bought the Etios, this is purely a personal opinion.
Old 20th April 2011, 21:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Love the colour. You definately dony see one of those everyday. It sure is going to stand out.
Honda service is definately professional. Atleast from what i have experienced so far.
Drive safe!
Old 21st April 2011, 15:13   #65
BHPian

@rajesh
congrats on getting the jazz, love the color.
wish you a jazzed up ownership.
Old 21st April 2011, 16:09   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_shenoy View Post
Thanks, @suhaas307!

=> The multi-function display: Shows instant FE as a horizontal bar chart of 0 - 40 kmpl. I daresay this can be dangerous, as I am now obsessed with trying to keep the bar as high as possible during driving! Coasting actually shoots the instant mileage to 40kmpl, and is slowly becoming my preferred style (in good competition to the BLR autorickshaws)! The other display that can be toggled shows one of avg FE, range (DTE), odo and trip meter. There are six levels of brightness for the meter lights (which btw are always on as long as the ignition is on!).
Yup. Swap the cogs quick enough and once you find yourself in 5th gear and with good momentum, just take your foot off the gas-pedal and the bar keeps going right up, and it stays there until you give it some stick again. When you do give it the beans, it drops to 10 and on some occasions, below it, and this discourages you from going fast at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Congrats on buying a Jazz!!
All i can say is that it is truly an international car. It might not have some of the latest features like bluetooth, but hey, it does make up for it in the other departments like fit/finish, quality etc.
Actually, the Jazz is bluetooth 'compatible', but not bluetooth-ready like the Punto and its Blue & Me tech. If you find a reputed auto-accessory shop, you could ask them for more info and even get a bluetooth-kit seamlessly wired into the console.

The Jazz is missing a few features like auto-climate-control and auto-ORVMs, but we're not really bothered by it. We like it's fantastic FE and the superb levels of refinement, not to mention the MPV-like space and the space-age looks.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:55   #67
BHPian

Rajesh: Congratulations on a terrific purchase. Endless happy miles are coming your way. Drive safe mate!
Old 25th April 2011, 12:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_shenoy View Post
Thanks all for your great advices! I finally booked Jazz a few days back. Registration will be on Mar 31st, and delivery a couple of days later.

The offer I got was 55k off + back and side sunfilms + reverse parking sensors. I plonked on some accessories, and I got some discount on that too, but the reverse parking sensor was dropped.

Can't thank this forum enough for helping me decide!

Congrats Rajesh! Lovely choice you made there. Jazz is far better in terms of quality of interiors, space utilization, and in terms of looks (strictly my opinion).

You got good offer I say. But, what was the reason to drop parking sensors?

Waiting for your ownership thread and lots of pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks