Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 15:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

^^ I agree with anilisanil here, though I will only comment on the price and loan points.

If you have the reasons for selling the car, obviously the prospective buyers will use the same logic to demand it for the lowest possible price.
In other words, why would anyone pay more than 4L for a car that you yourself consider to be a gas guzzler?

For any loan, the financial institution makes most of the money in the first third/ half of the loan tenure. If you look at the entire loan schedule you will realise that you have been paying mostly interest till date and your balance principal amount would have reduced only a bit.
Old 14th June 2011, 16:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
HI,

I am owning SX4 Vxi since for the past 15 months. I would like to go for a new car.. Probably a diesel one.. after the soaring Petrol prices.. This time I am planning for SUV's or a Hatchback..
Quote:
The main reason I am changing my car is because of the color. Its metallic Biege. my dream was black or white. but out of no choice I got this color. The other reason can be more comfort and safety, prop0ably 7-8 seater.
Quote:
I am selling the car because i have other plans, instead of spending 12k every month on a car, I can go for a new house, after all shelter is more important than traveling.

What is the actual reason that you are selling the car? are you just unhappy or are you confused with your financials???
Old 14th June 2011, 17:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Udayjani,

Form your posts I could gather is that yours was a classic case of impulse buying and when it did not meet your expectations you want to sell the car as the financial benefits are absent.

Selling a car because of wrong choice of colour is not good reason at all. You have made the choice. Now comes the resale part, again you are not happy with the price. Above all the EMI's are literally draining you out.

I know many in the thread have opposed to downgrading but I think thats the only choice you have got or else sell the car, clear the loan and keep the concience clean.
Old 29th June 2011, 06:18   #34
BHPian

Finally the day came, I sold my SX4 to Maruti True value outlet in chennai. It had been a wonderful ride for the past 19 months with full of joy. Its been a while I was searching for a potential buyer for the past 1 month or so. wherever I go, they said this car is not VFM, doesn't have good resale value, why did I chose this car over the others ?

With a EMI outstanding for another 3 years was a heavy burden on my head, considering the fact of rising fuel prices. I was hanging in middle to sell it or exchange it for any maruti diesel car. But even if i go for a exchange I will be under the same burden of paying EMI's, so I decided to sell it and wait for another 2 years for any new launches.

Sold it to Maruti True value for 4,20,000/-
We paid a excess of 30,000 from our pocket, since the outstanding was 4,50,000..

Currently considering to buy Karizma ZMR or RE Thunderbird
Old 29th June 2011, 06:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oops, sorry to see the car go, but looks like a bad financial planning. Have a safe drive with the new bike. Although irreverent now but how much was your running per day?
Old 29th June 2011, 08:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Udayjani,
or else sell the car, clear the loan and keep the concience clean.

I guess you went for this.

Give it a few months and i am sure you will be thinking about a car once again. give it a good thought at that point of time.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally the day came, I sold my SX4 to Maruti True value outlet in chennai.

Sold it to Maruti True value for 4,20,000/-
We paid a excess of 30,000 from our pocket, since the outstanding was 4,50,000..
Uday,

Good that you have redeemed yourself of paying huge EMI when you were not at all happy with the buy. I think there is something very imp to learn here as far as the financial planning goes during the car purchase.

I hope the next time you buy eithere a car or a bike you will think a thousand times before making that decision. All the best.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Uday, Although buying a car is an emotional "Heart" (For me at least) one should not forget the "head". For your next buy do make clear mathematical calculations on what is it then you "can buy" and what is it that you "Want to buy". Only when they match you should buy. EMI's are reality so there is no getting away from them (Apart from a few lucky souls).

Cheers, Best wishes for the next buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks