Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2005, 01:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

but a swift is better than esteem in every respect except for the boot size.
Old 27th December 2005, 01:34   #17
BHPian

Esteem it is..but you the run the risk of getting a car which is outdated and impractical as a family car and one which is in the C segmant, but offers comfort much lesser than many B segmant cars. Having said that the FE of Esteem is pretty much incomparable to anything ..save perhaps the Maruti 800..

But consider shelling out 5o grand more and go for a Baleno Lxi..
It has the mileage, cheap spare parts and service you are looking for.

Also the excellent engine,extra power and good ride comes as a bonus.
Old 27th December 2005, 01:39   #18
BHPian

How about the Corsa?

Well, call me biased if you will. But it seems like the Corsa is going to be a good fit for you. I have been having a whale of a time this weekend with my Corsa on the Chennai - Bangalore highway. The roads were ghastly, but that is exactly what allowed me to appreciate the dynamics of the car.

'Rock Solid' is the phrase that comes to mind. But i digress.. this is material for another post altogether.

I paid Rs. 505000/- (on road) for my Corsa 1.4 Gsi and it came with a Blaupunkt Monterrey CD/MP3 player, 2 standard Blaupunkt rear speakers and Keyless Entry. And, last i heard, the prices are still falling. This month GM has also revived that luscious Red colour model that i simply adore (Mine is Silver).

I am certainly not getting 12 kmpl in city conditions, but it is not as yet a big botheration for me. In stop and start traffic, i have gotten 10 kmpl in city and i will let you know what my mileage is for the highway trip soon. (expecting around 13 - 13.5).

If you are inclined to inch your budget up a little bit, the Baleno stands out. Somebody mentioned Rs. 582000 on road for the Baleno Lxi in Chennai. It is a wonderful machine to have, if that is indeed the price it is being sold at. And the FE is certainly going to be better than the Corsa, i believe.

I fully expect the Corsa to be phased out sometime soon, so resale is not a viable consideration while buying this model. If quality and safety is what you are looking for in an economical, medium size sedan, then look no further. The recommended GM service period is once in a year or after 10000 kms, as opposed to the norm of six months or 5000 kms with other cars. All this said, I would be the first to tell you that the Corsa does not compete with either the Accent or the Indigo in the space department. It is not cramped like the Esteem, but it is not ultra-spacious either. In short, i have not regretted this purchase, as i feel it is far more value for money than say, a Swift or a Getz.
Old 27th December 2005, 18:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
but a swift is better than esteem in every respect except for the boot size.
Boot size and flat out performance. too..swift cant hold a candle to esteem when it comes to performance
Old 27th December 2005, 21:26   #20
BHPian

You have to compromise on some aspects while going for other and thats nature. . Go for Esteem or Accent .
Old 27th December 2005, 22:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
..swift cant hold a candle to esteem when it comes to performance
It's not that bad. There is a performance difference but not like night and day. And besides the swift is a much better handler, rides far better, built is more robust,engine feels more refined and at the end of the day; is a far better car than the Esteem.
Old 29th December 2005, 12:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all ur suggestions. He tried Esteem and Indigo, not happy with both the cars. Could not term it out whats the problem with those cars. Just says " let me look for a different car ( probably the looks takes the driver seat here)".

In this case there is no point in having set of requirements which needs to be fulfilled with a specific budget. Now he removed the budget barrier. Based on the inputs from our site, recommended him to look for Fiesta 1.4 petrol, Accent GLE, Maruti Baleno, second hadn OHC or any other car he is interested in to close the deal.

Will keep u all updated on his decision. thanks
Old 29th December 2005, 13:15   #23
BHPian

Sparingly used 2002 or later OHC Vtec or OHC 1.5 or OHC 1.3
Old 29th December 2005, 19:38   #24

i guess as someone said above shell out another 50 k and go for a baleno lxi its awesome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks