Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 00:45   #1

Wait for Vento or Book Chevrolet Cruze?

Hello,

I had booked my Vento during 1/2 week of September'10 and am still awaiting delivery. December end after a months delay already the dealer promised to give it positively by Jan end, but yesterday when I called he still sounded not sure. So its really being frustrating wait for so long. Moreover, if someone is giving so bad service before delivery, then what can we expect at later stage?

So, yesterday my friend suggested again to cancel Vento and look for Cruze. I know I would have to extend my budget by 3-4Lakhs, but that is not the problem. I basically want to know if Cruze is actually value for money? None of people I know have it, so very difficult to find out true reviews. I searched this forums and read every single topic on Cruze. People seems to be happy with their purchase, but there are less number of owners. Any suggestion as to is it wise spending 3-4Lakhs extra for getting choice #2 car?

Regards
Old 14th January 2011, 03:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Wait for Vento or Book Chevrolet Cruze?

If you can afford it, go for it. Yes, if you are going for Cruze LTZ, it's definitely VFM. You get a better engine and the performance of Cruze can be matched by only a few in that segment. And about less number of owners, nope, it's selling in great numbers. In fact, here is Mumbai you can see a higher ratio of Cruze as compared to the FL Laura.

P.S : Even Cruze had a waiting for 3-4 weeks about a month back, no idea now.
Old 14th January 2011, 03:50   #3
BHPian

I assume its a diesel vento that you are waiting for. I would say, when the wait has been so long and there being a clear distinction between your number 1 and 2 choice, you should wait. Do try to find out VW contacts and escalating as a few T Bhp'ians have got their deliveries advanced that way.
Old 14th January 2011, 06:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally, I would prefer the Cruze over the Vento.
Old 14th January 2011, 07:05   #5
v&v
Senior - BHPian

iIncepted,
since you have waited so long and assuming vento is diesel , i would suggest to wait as now you will get 2011 version and 3-4 lac is a good amount to save. Cruze is indeed a good car, but considering long term , spares and maintenance will be always cheaper with Vento due to more localisation.
Old 14th January 2011, 07:19   #6
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2011 at 16:08.
akshay is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th January 2011, 07:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
iIncepted,
since you have waited so long and assuming vento is diesel , i would suggest to wait as now you will get 2011 version and 3-4 lac is a good amount to save. Cruze is indeed a good car, but considering long term , spares and maintenance will be always cheaper with Vento due to more localisation.
I dont think Vento would be better with the spares. Chevy has a better base than Volkswagon here. +1 for Cruze. Cruze looks awesome too.
Old 14th January 2011, 07:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

VW Vento makes a better choice now that you have already booked it. No point in spending another 3-4 L and again wait for 3-4 weeks. Of course if the Cruze is available off the shelf and the extra amount is not a deterrent then you can definitly go for Cruze or else wait.
Old 14th January 2011, 09:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

As others have said that if you can afford Cruze, go for it. Cruze is better IMHO, specially the engine. Overall, Cruze is one segment above Cruze and Cruze spare part price and upto a small extent, the cost of ownership are relatively well known IMO as compared to Vento.

Cruze is one notch above Vento without doubt. I have read that there were changes made to ECU which made the turbo lag less apparent in second gear which upto some extent eliminates the turbo lag problem of Cruze. Ofcourse, not fully, but this has been helpful as per what I have read.
Old 14th January 2011, 10:36   #10

Thank You all for your input. Can anyone advice me how is resale on cruze? I was selling my Santro & Accent recently and due to both being popular cars it was able to generate alot of interest.
Old 14th January 2011, 10:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iIncepted View Post
Thank You all for your input. Can anyone advice me how is resale on cruze? I was selling my Santro & Accent recently and due to both being popular cars it was able to generate alot of interest.
VFM= A lot. I am enjoying every bit of it while driving in city (pushing it in 2nd & 3rd) and in the highways

Resale= dont expect much.

All the best,
- a cruze owner
Old 14th January 2011, 11:25   #12
BANNED

The Cruze is completely VFM over the Vento. It has a rockstar engine, great looks, has been widely accepted in the market and is huge fun to drive. Also keep in mind that the Vento is a VW "Made For India" stripped down car compared to the Cruze which caters to a wider segment.

If you can upgrade, nothing like it.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:32   #13
BHPian

Ok - why not the Optra Magnum LT ?
Yes, its an old model but looks classy. It would fall bang on the buck of the Vento cost.
Will carry far more discounts, have less wait period and on top of it - has the same engine that the Cruze carries ... with indepandant suspensions all around.

Worth a thought ? There's a thread running around on what can be done on a optra with a remap and some handling optimizations.
Old 14th January 2011, 16:12   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Remember to test drive the Cruze thoroughly before you buy. While its a lot of fun on the open road, I found it awful in the city. The massive turbo-lag is a downer, while the clutch takes a lot of getting used to. The Vento diesel is much easier / better to drive within the city as it has zero turbolag, a light steering and compact dimensions.

OT : Looks like a good number of Vento owners are fed up of waiting and moving up!! Here is a thread on someone contemplating a Laura!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2011, 17:17   #15
BHPian

My father has decided to go for a premium diesel sedan now.But the problem is that vento has a waiting period for 5 months and Cruze is available.But the main problem is which one should we go for?

Please suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks