Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 11:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu
Why not wait for the new 2006 Accent CRDI to be launched in a couple of months? It will fall in the same price range. I read that the new one will be named different so that both the existing Accent and the new one can be sold side-by-side.
Nope. "New Accent" will be of the same size as the Fiesta. I sat in one and while it had more room (particularly at the rear) than the current one and a nice dash (for that category), it can by no stretch of imagination be compared with the Octy/Elantra which offer a lot more of everything.

I would say Elantra CRDi - engine, features, space and everything else except the looks (which is atrocious). Much much cheaper to maintain, too.

And did someone say the Lancer diesel is the most silent???? I thought it was pretty noisy, but then I've been a petrol guy till I bought my Safari. Hence my feelings towards diesels are likely to be biased.
Old 24th January 2006, 18:52   #17
BHPian

We are still lingering between Skoda 1.9TDi and Elantra CRDi.. Test dr iving both. . Can you help me with ur answer!!

Problems with Elantra:
1. Can anyone comment on Resale value of Elantra? how much does it sell for after 2 years (supposing invoice cost is 10.6 on road)?
2. Black strip running around the body! it stands out and looks bad.. Is it not present anymore in the new version.. I see that the grill has been replaced by an accent like grill.

Problem with Skoda:
1. Rear seat comfort? Is it too bad to notice. Can u give me a comparision w.r.t to an accent's back seat?
2. Comfortability in Reversing. We find it a bit difficult to look back.. no clear visibility. Since it is going to be chauffer driven we are afraid it might take some hits!! What is ur opinion.
Old 24th January 2006, 21:12   #18
Team-BHP Support

After 2 years it will sell for 5L

Skoda rear and front seat comfort is less than accent for my height. Okie rear seat is similar but front seat is horrible.
Old 25th January 2006, 18:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Down south the Elantra CRDi holds up its value pretty well. Almost two year old - first lot - CRDis were available for 8.5 k (asking for - I didnt start bargaining because I wasnt interested in 2nd hand) in August this year, and there werent many available.

What it will be worth TWO YEARS HENCE is something we cant predict - it also depends on what else is available in the market at that time.

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th January 2006 at 18:48.
Old 29th January 2006, 10:27   #20
BHPian

Lancer silent..... na not at all... I have a Lancer and Palio Diesel and i think Palio is much silent than Lancer...
Old 29th January 2006, 11:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Down south the Elantra CRDi holds up its value pretty well.
Tell me about it. A 2004 model sold for 8.25L ,this month.
Old 29th January 2006, 20:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

You might be able to get a good deal on the Elantra CRDi. Its more powerful than the Skoda,and may be cheaper to maintain too.. Hyundais are pretty reliable these days.. Just a shade below Toyota and Honda, IMHO.
Old 30th January 2006, 17:20   #23
BHPian

This thread is certainly spoiling the thought of owning an Octy.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-anymore.html
Adding fuel to our confusion.. we are currently prepared to shell out the advanvce amount to Octy :(
Old 30th January 2006, 17:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Elantra CRDi or if you can wait there is always the Civic CTDi which is coming our way in 1.6 form.
Old 31st January 2006, 10:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

Honda will stick to petrols in india. So for diesel lovers you have either the skoda or the elantra. Skoda is a great buy if you are prepared for spare part costs
Old 31st January 2006, 13:21   #26
BHPian

hi

go for the Elantra CRDi u won't regret it

it has got TCS,ABS<EBD.... & many more

it is the best value for money in between(10L-11L)
Old 1st February 2006, 16:00   #27
BHPian

What Diesel Sedan at 8L - 12L bracket? Now Booked!!

Hi team,

After much thought and lot many test drives (even bringing neighbours elantra and octy to home to seat elders and seek their opinion - ofcourse they are the financiers!!) we have decided to settle on Octy 1.9TDi Rider.. One more onslaught from Skoda was the it raised the price of Rider and Elegance by 12 and 14k rescpectively just last week and the dealer gave us no clue about that.. atleast we would have saved that bit!! :(

Although there is no denying the fact that Elantra pips octy in VFM, cost and fearures we made this decision as we could not convince to buy that. In the sense that a 2 year old Elantra we came across is noisier than we would like and doesnt make us feel it belonged to that segment.. And the ride quality and utterly noiselessness made us go vote for the octy. Even in higways we could hear only a hiss of an octy..

Made our booking for a MidStone grey and would be delievered by next week.
We would like to upgrade it with leather seats, alloys and music system. Can you provide the suggested upgrade brand and price.

Thanks guys for all your valid inputs.
Old 1st February 2006, 21:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice buy. Come to think of it, you should have a trouble free 3 years atleast. Happy driving. By then I think the frightening aspect of Octavia ASS should have been done away with.

And I have to hunt out long term reviews of Elantra CRDIs. I thought Hyundais held themselves pretty well. I am surprised by your experience with a two year old Elantra.

Seats, if it is leather then Stanley I guess. Alloys and music system will require some more inputs from you.
Old 2nd February 2006, 09:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Tell me about it. A 2004 model sold for 8.25L ,this month.
people gone nuts i guess,getting brand new one for ex showroom 10.XX after discounts here in hyd,
what ever they save will be lost in refinancing...
Old 2nd February 2006, 10:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_jp
Hi team,

After much thought and lot many test drives (even bringing neighbours elantra and octy to home to seat elders and seek their opinion - ofcourse they are the financiers!!) we have decided to settle on Octy 1.9TDi Rider.. One more onslaught from Skoda was the it raised the price of Rider and Elegance by 12 and 14k rescpectively just last week and the dealer gave us no clue about that.. atleast we would have saved that bit!! :(

Although there is no denying the fact that Elantra pips octy in VFM, cost and fearures we made this decision as we could not convince to buy that. In the sense that a 2 year old Elantra we came across is noisier than we would like and doesnt make us feel it belonged to that segment.. And the ride quality and utterly noiselessness made us go vote for the octy. Even in higways we could hear only a hiss of an octy..

Made our booking for a MidStone grey and would be delievered by next week.
We would like to upgrade it with leather seats, alloys and music system. Can you provide the suggested upgrade brand and price.

Thanks guys for all your valid inputs.
Well u could get leather seats from the Skoda company itself. They've got a couple of shades and combinations and the fit n finish is really good. And just in case u do that, ask then how much it'll cost to get an Elegence rear seat cuz the rider version does not have an armrest at the back. And the Skoda alloys will set u back by arnd 40k so it'll be better not to get them, but u can ask them to give u 205/55/15 tyres while u get ur car delivered itself. So u won't be losing money while changing ur tyres when u get the alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks