Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 11:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
OFF TOPIC

Hi,

Just got my fiesta 1.4 TDCi last week. It's awesome. will post some pics soon. As soon as i come back from delhi. This baby has done around 1500+ KM. FE is around 21 - 22 in city without ac. Highway i have not noticed yet. Though there is 1 problem the tyres noise which i hate. Gonna get Michelin soon.

Also whoever thinks pickup of fiesta TDCi is same as NEW Indigo or Indica then just go test drive once again. There is a hell of difference in 2nd gear.

Thanks.

P.S. will post my review after 10k KM. Coz i think till then i would come to know all the cons and pros of the car. Also i love its breaking.
Hey, congrats on what I'm sure will be an excellent decision and will keep you smiling for many a day! I'm waiting for my SXI delivery (have ordered ABS and having to wait, yours is non-ABS?) and am itching to get behind the wheel as well. Cheers!
Old 18th January 2006, 11:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Thanks. Mine is with ABS. Now days i Cant even think of driving without ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Hey, congrats on what I'm sure will be an excellent decision and will keep you smiling for many a day! I'm waiting for my SXI delivery (have ordered ABS and having to wait, yours is non-ABS?) and am itching to get behind the wheel as well. Cheers!
Old 19th January 2006, 02:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Agreed, with its lovely rally-car heritage, it could be an excellent choice for driving on twisty mountain roads & other rough terrain.

However, other factors may let it down, like mantainence, cost of spares. Though the lancer 1.5 may be a tad underpowered for uphill climbs - went to ranikhet on one, and it felt sluggish around corners with A/c on, my friends in the OHC were laughing when they saw us struggle.

My car has not had maintainence or cost of any spares in this 3 years.

and if lancer 1.5 is underpowered where does NHC stand with 77bhp and even heavier at 1077kgs?

I took it to Mount Abu during my break in India this August and It climbed all the way up in 3rd and 4th without any sorta trouble.

some myths are surrounding the lancer which need to be cleared up. HM is completely responsible for the image the lancer has right now.
Old 20th January 2006, 08:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I dont know about the NHC Vtec's handling, but the idsi didnt inspire much confidence beyond 120 even on the straights. Like so many people have said this before, City is at its best in a city. For twisties etc, i dont know what car is best but i am sure most car will handle better than NHC.

Puff, i vaguely remember u having some trouble with baleno after you upgraded the rubber. I guess now u would prefer to go for a car that comes factory fitted with good rubber?

Cheers
Amitoj
Yup. Am still having the front dampers/ tie end rod??/ ??/ problems. Goes tak-tak tak on slightly broken tarmac, at moderate speeds. And there's a loud painful Dhak from the left front side noise over minor potholes. Have to go at crawling speed over the slightest of rough roads.. five attempts at two service centres at Gangtok and Siliguri haven't been able to solve my problems. Am considering a better built car than a flimsy Maruti...
Old 21st January 2006, 02:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Yup. Am still having the front dampers/ tie end rod??/ ??/ problems. Goes tak-tak tak on slightly broken tarmac, at moderate speeds. And there's a loud painful Dhak from the left front side noise over minor potholes. Have to go at crawling speed over the slightest of rough roads.. five attempts at two service centres at Gangtok and Siliguri haven't been able to solve my problems. Am considering a better built car than a flimsy Maruti...

NEWs NEws:- Madhuri the dhak dhak girl will be marketing the new dhak dhak car, Our very own NHC
Old 21st January 2006, 02:20   #36
BHPian

NHC VTEC vs. older VTEC vs. Fiesta

I see this all the time....all over TBHP.... and just wanted to share my opinion on this. NHC Vtec and the Old VTEC are 2 different cars except for similar technology being used in the engine design and performance. Now which one is better...The answer will differ depending on what you are looking for in a car. I have had the pleasure of maintaining the older one and used to love it for the engine response and used to love the adernaline rush. The engine roar was addictive and you wanted to hear it all the time. All the shortcomings such as dull interiors, weak suspensions, bad ground clearance were all fogiven and forgotten.
Today I am a little older and want a plusher cabin, quiter insides, easy steering to help me around in the Bangalore traffic. I also at times want to awaken the "Bullet Mallya" (That is what I was known as in my college days in Manipal) in me and the NHC VTEC is the perfect choice for me. I am not fond of the IDSI cousin but the ew VTEC is a different breed al together. She handles amazingly well and like Goldie mentioned, she performs fabulously well on the hills, Now after completing 3.5k kms in the last 1 month...I cannot stop being in awe of my car and mind you she can surprise you with 0-100's and 190'kmph's. Today even if the Old city was offered alongside the NHC VTEC, my decision would have been the new one. It has its share of shortcomings but then show me a perfect car......you give some and you get some....

Now coming to the original topic of Fiesta vs. City.... I was not very impressed with the conventional styling, NHC ZX with its changes looked flamboyant...what the heck....this is a personal opinion...You may find the NHC resemble a pregnant lizard for all you know.

Fiesta 1.6 SXI handles very well on the highways and feels a little more secure at high speeds thanks to its conventional styling. I really dont care much for FE or the onroad price b'cos its my company who shells out and hence will refrain from comparing on these. I would score the VTEC better in terms of city driving and 90% of my usage is within the city. I also found the Fiesta a little sluggish compared to the NHC VTEC, but with ABS, EBD and the fabulous interirs..she is a formidable opponent.

For all of you buying the Fiesta or owning one...trust me you have nothing to worry...you own a wonderfull car and I wish you a lot of luck and good times................but for me MY NHC VTEC IS THE BEST
Old 21st January 2006, 10:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
My car has not had maintainence or cost of any spares in this 3 years.
I guess you have a 2002 or 03 model. Is there any changes in the tech/spec in your car when compared to a 2000 model lancer car? is yours petrol or diesel & how much kms you have covered till date
Old 21st January 2006, 22:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
I guess you have a 2002 or 03 model. Is there any changes in the tech/spec in your car when compared to a 2000 model lancer car? is yours petrol or diesel & how much kms you have covered till date
Mine is the lancer sfxi 2003 model with the 03 grille. No changes in tech specs.

Its the same 1.5 Ltr petrol engine with 87bhp at tap and 13.5kgm torque. Is not underpowered at all as many gather from specs on the paper. It has more than adequate power for my purposes.

the car has done around 40k till date and is still retains those fresh looking charms it had on day 1 both inside and outside.

my gripes for the car are

small tyres( I desperately want 16")
weak power window motors
Soft rear suspension (only felt when the boot is loaded with heavy stuff)
big steering wheel ( will fit a momo soon)

I drove the invecs in august 2005 and I didnt feel the quality to have deterred a bit as others say. Its just about beaten by the baleno in straightline and just about beats the baleno around corners. NHC I dont consider as competition.
Old 26th January 2006, 15:05   #39
BHPian

hi everyone

thanx very very much for the great reviews
&
Hey, Suman let me know about your Fiesta , when you get it

once again thanx very very much
Old 18th February 2006, 23:44   #40
BHPian

I will suggest fiesta 1.6, any time its betterthan city

Spec Fiesta City VTEC
BHP 100 77 100