Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is a VFM second hand diesel car under 4.5L?
Ford Fusion plus 18 9.47%
Ford Ikon 3 1.58%
Ford Fiesta (old) 49 25.79%
Mahindra Logan 33 17.37%
Swift Vdi 57 30.00%
Ritz Vdi 20 10.53%
Any other vehicle (suggest on the thread) 10 5.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2011, 18:16   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wanted VFM second hand diesel car: Ford Fusion 'vs' Logan/Ikon/Fiesta/Swift/Ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Examples: A Logan battery costs Rs. 8,000 while even Xylo and Scorpios batteries cost between Rs 5-6000. A Swift's battery costs around Rs. 4,000.
Which brand of swift battery goes for 4000/- ? As far as I know, Swift petrol batteries are sold at that price and Swift D batteries are anywhere more than 6000/-. I got my swift D battery [SF] for almost 8K [65 DIN].

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
A Bridgstone tyre for logan costs Rs. 4500, Swift Rs. 3200. (Swifts tires last longer too).
Again the price of the tyre depends on the profile. I enquired for the 185 profile tyre for Swift and it works out to be 3500/- for Michelin & Bridgestone. If you go for the 165 profile, it should be even cheaper, but the tires are way too puny for highway drives @ anything more than 60-70 kmph.

But then its so surprising that Logan / Verito are sold primarily for a taxi market and how can the fleet afford such high maintenance costs!
Old 19th June 2011, 19:05   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wanted VFM second hand diesel car: Ford Fusion 'vs' Logan/Ikon/Fiesta/Swift/Ritz

My suggestions (in order)
1) Fiesta : Comfortable among the list & with the launch of Fiesta Classic & upcoming New Fiesta used one are available cheaper in the market.
2) Swift / Ritz : VFM cars with less headache on maintenance part being 'Maruti'

I would suggest to stay away from Fusion. AFAIK fusion was launched in India only to compensate the delay in Fiesta launch. She wasn't 'made for India'.
No idea on Ikon TDCi, I haven't driven that.

Others you can look into
1) Verna : Cheap samples are available in market after the launch of fluidic Verna
2) Indica Vista
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:11   #63
BHPian

I would suggest the Ritz Vdi. Swift VDi is too common plus the next gen swift is going to come (hearing this from the last 1 year, wake up maruti)

The problem is not many Ritz Vdi's available in the market, Unlike Swift Vdi's which are easily available.

I'm Looking for a ritz Vdi too, if any of you guys know any good place in Bangalore please tell me looking for Ritz Vdi between 4.5 and 5lakh, not driven more than 15k km,2009 or 2010 any year is okay.
Old 18th October 2011, 16:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Planning for a diesel sedan and looking closely at Fiesta. Would like to know how much would a 5-6 year old Fiesta TDCi cost in Bangalore.

What would be the kms run that would still have good life and economical buy, planning to keep it for around 3-4 years / 60k kms
Where to get some good specimens in Blr?
Old 2nd November 2011, 07:42   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Planning for a diesel sedan and looking closely at Fiesta. Would like to know how much would a 5-6 year old Fiesta TDCi cost in Bangalore.

What would be the kms run that would still have good life and economical buy, planning to keep it for around 3-4 years / 60k kms
Where to get some good specimens in Blr?
Girish, Carwale.com has an used car value estimator. Check value of your car for FREE - CarWale
Just don't get wedded to the price estimate and be ready to pay more (or less) if you find a really good vehicle that you like after TD and initial checks.

Since you are in Bengaluru , website classifieds and local newspaper classifieds are your best bet. If you want others to come to you, you could put a small want ad on Sundays mentioning 5-6 Fiesta TDCi and km on odometer in the Kannada papers - the ad rates are not that expensive.
Cheiron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 23:24   #66
BHPian

Used car for parents

I'm looking to buy a used car for my parents, Yes Used since its going to be driven only by our driver and I don't want to put a new car in his hands

Some basic requirements:
- Hatchback or Sedan, max Rs.3-5 lakhs.
- Comfortable Rear seats
- Luggage space
- Fuel Efficient
- Safety features
- Easy maintenance
- Shouldn't be over 50k kms

Some options I'm considering are
Swift - spacious, Maruti's A.S.S., maintenance costs and yea I just like swift
Ford Figo
Swift Dzire - Are the rear seats comfy?, Maruti's A.S.S., maintenance costs
Ford Fiesta - how is the A.s.s for Ford?

I'm not particular on Petrol or Diesel, would love to hear from BHPians on it.

Some of the above may be over 5L, would be great if you can give me a suggested value for cars so that I can narrow down my options.

Currently we have a Zen, and car will be used in Coimbatore.

Note: I searched the forum and did not find a relevant thread for Used cars for parents.
Old 6th June 2012, 07:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used car for parents

Of the four options you have listed the Fiesta would be most comfortable. A.S.S in Coimbatore I have no idea about.

However, if I may make another suggestion. Tata Manza. Very comfortable back seats and prices around the range you are looking for. Biggest problem with it would be the car is not yet the finished product. There are still a lot of small niggles but Tata is improving on their products and their A.S.S is not the best.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 08:08   #68
BHPian

I think you should add Logan in the list too, is pretty fuel efficient in both Petrol and Diesel variants, has a lot of space on offer, back seats are comfortable, and in your budget I think you’ll get a good Diesel as well, as Logan does not have a good resale value in my opinion.
musicmanaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 08:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I think you should add Logan in the list too, is pretty fuel efficient in both Petrol and Diesel variants, has a lot of space on offer, back seats are comfortable, and in your budget I think you’ll get a good Diesel as well, as Logan does not have a good resale value in my opinion.
+1. The Logan/Verito is excellent for rear seat comfort and space. If the cab image is not a problem for you/your parents, it absolutely meets the need.
Been looking for a car for my parents too, though they're not likely to be rear seat travelling!
CowlFlap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 09:43   #70
BHPian

If you are OK with petrol and think Maruti cars as reliable then you ought to think of SX4. In used car market this is one of the most VFM steals nowdays.
I got a feb11 regd SX4 ZXi in March 12 for puny 5 lacs.

It offers most of the requirements.It is comfortable, Being Maruti, remains serviceable in most parts of the country, reliable though not exactly FE.

I have got anything between 12-16. If you ok, then do consider SX4.
VVT model with honeycomb grill IMO is a nice looker.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 10:16   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am not so sure but with 5L budget you can get a decent Honda City, and as you are not particular about petrol/diesel then the City makes a perfect choice.

Just did a carwale search and could see a Honda City ZX (Exi) 2007 model, at 36000 Kms asking price of 4.1L. I am sure you can find something better than this.

Not sure if the search link would work, anyway here is the link (Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale)
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 10:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, it is very right when considering service quality in a particular area before zeroing on a car.

I am a bit apprehensive about Ford service at Coimbatore. There is only one dealer and there is this 'haughty' attitude.

Tata has 2 dealers, Gem motors and Tafe access so i feel atleast you have a choice there.

Vista diesel is what i suggest, if you are open to considering Tata cars.

But don't go to any used car dealers at Coimbatore. Olx, quickr and sulekha are better online sites to scout for used cars.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 13:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hatchback or Sedan, max Rs.3-5 lakhs.
- Comfortable Rear seats
- Luggage space
- Fuel Efficient
- Safety features
looks like a clear case for a tata car. Used vista/indigo?
There are no fancy safety features, but the sheet metal is very sturdy!
maintenence may work against them though

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th June 2012 at 13:13.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 13:20   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for a tall boy for parents - easy ingress and egress. Within 5lakhs you will get a nice ritz diesel sparingly used. Unbeatable Maruti service, low diesel cost and super FE.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 14:03   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ kraft.wagen : 5 lakhs can get you a very good pre-owned Toyota Corolla. I can't think of a better used car for your folks. Super reliability, space, high seating position, boot, ability to take driver abuse and nice air-conditioner.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks