Team-BHP - Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/100713-home-construction-makeover-maintenance-thread-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 2714433)
Team - We have a 4800 sq ft plot.

How many flats can be constructed (100 swft biltup area, 900+sqft carpet area). Ground floor is for Car parking.
what is the approx cost of construction per sq ft

You need to understand 3 concepts:-

a. Coverage ratio - ratio of plinth area of the floor covering most area (usually ground floor) to land. Depending on city / State - can be between 60 to 80%

b. Floor area ratio - total built up area to land area. Can vary between 1.5 to 3. Excess floor area can be purchased officially - if you pay official payment to the government; but you need to grease the machinery to permit you to deposit the official payment.

c. Total height of the building from road level. This depends on the width of roads to the plot; and depending on the city, you will need clearance from the Fire Department for building heights over a certain limit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2714874)
Anyone uses water purification/treatment system for whole house?

Come over to the home appliances thread.

Anyone knows of a trustworthy person to carry out interior painting in Mumbai? Need to waterproof the walls first since there is groundwater seepage.

^^
Asian Paints offer painting service in selected cities

I am getting my house exterior painted and was thinking of getting an art-work done on one of the walls (exterior). Does anyone have a contact (in Bangalore), who can do this for me.

If possible, I would like to get the help of those guys who painted the underpasses and bridges in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 2783456)
I am getting my house exterior painted and was thinking of getting an art-work done on one of the walls (exterior). Does anyone have a contact (in Bangalore), who can do this for me.

If possible, I would like to get the help of those guys who painted the underpasses and bridges in Bangalore.

You can try enquiring at Karnataka Chitra Kala Parishad, just before Ashoka Hotel, Sadashivnagar. They will be able to direct you to some professional painters doing art-work.

Hi guys,

Can any of you recommend a good interior designer for some woodwork, painting and general design elements (living room, bedroom, kitchen etc)? Would be great if you have had some personal experiences with the designers themselves.

Thanks,
Prem

I am a regular visitor and a part of one trust that has a 'ashram' in Shrivardhan, Konkan. It is a big area of some 20 odd acres, out of which we are developing about 50% with Ayurved plants and Rashi - Nakshatra Udyan etc.

My query is this: The place is located on a hill slope, and so most of the area is bumpy. We have levelled much of it for building temples and houses for pilgrims, but yet, the area remains hily with red soil all around. I was thinking of putting a road of 1 meter around the houses towards the temples and Udyan etc, so that the pilgrims that visit can have a good walking path, rather than making their way on the bumpy ground. Since this is a ashram driven solely by charity, the budget is tight. Can anyone suggest what would be the best way to create such walk-path in the ashram? The length of this path can be about 1km, and width should be atleast 1 meter so that 1-2 persons can walk at a time.

Options that come to my mind are either cement interlocking blocks, or concrete road. But I don't have any idea about how feasible it would be, both practically and financially. Can someone advice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 2849943)
Can someone advice?

Send me some pictures and i will definitely try and help you out.

Here are some photos that can give idea of the area:

In this photo, you can see the red soil slope. The whole ashram is having such red soil, so it gets pretty slippery on slopes in monsoons. Also weeds n grass cover all the path sometimes.

Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread-img_0327.jpg

This is the photo of Rashi - Nakshatra Udya, basically a garden. Again, this area too gets totally covered in grass in/after monsoons. A proper walking path by the trees will ensure that at least walking area remains clear.

Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread-img_1384.jpg

This is the view of the same garden, but from the temple. So we have to climb down the red soil slope or stairs (two ways to go there) to reach the garden.

Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread-img_1469.jpg

I hope these photos give a good idea of the area, and perhaps the path that would be best suited in these conditions. I would appreciate advice on the same.

There is a dark nook in my house which we plan to open up to allow more natural light inside.
I'm on the lookout for places where I can pick up some Glass blocks.
Would some one know of any such places in Bangalore where there are readily available?
Also can anyone guide me on how these glass blocks need to be installed? Do we requie some spacers between the wall and the block etc..

Hi,

I am planning to redecorate my daughter's bedroom (12 x 10) ft: paints, furniture etc. She is 8yrs old.

Please give your suggestions or point me to a website. Which stores in Bangalore are good to purchase children's furniture? I am looking for a bed, study table & chair, storage cabinet.

Hello All,

I'm getting my bathroom renovated and have a question related to piping. My plumber suggested me to go for CPVC pipes where as my uncle (I trust his experience) he suggested me to go for PPR pipes.

What i observed:

> CPVC pipes are not very thick, where as PPR pipes are comparatively thicker.
> CPVC is easy to install, where as PPR requires heating machine.

I need to have enclosed fitting as pipes will be covered by tiles, please help me decide which pipe shall i go for.

Also, i have already purchased PPR pipes and it has been installed at few places but if CPVC are way better than i'm ready to change it.

Ravi

CPVC were in use commonly but of late PPR pipes have gained entry. PPR are joined by fusion welding and likely to give longer trouble fee service for long. CPVC pipes are bonded with CPVC solvent cement.

To know about fusion welding see this video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCNM0MzOzBI

PDF on Polypropylene pipes

Hope this helps. It gives the properties and uses of such pipes from a US manufacturer.

Could anyone suggest me where the Marble market / Granite market in Chennai is.

I want to do some price-study for putting marble flooring in my house. I am looking for suggestions also.

comments appreciated